Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 31-03-2012, 21:12
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%
Need help for very short kratom withdrawals

A delivery did not come today. My kratom will not be in until Monday afternoon. I have maybe enough to get through tonight, just barely. I am supposed to work tomorrow, but I have no clue if I will have to call off or not.

I have done my fair share of reading here, but need some opinions.

I have in no specific order:

- Xanax (alaprozam)
- Valium (dizepam)
- tagmet (cimetidine)
- blue lotus extract (unknown actual strength)
- tonic water with quinine
-Imodium (lopermide)

I can get:

-grapefruit juice (white)
-grapefruit

I fully understand that kratom "products" you would buy at an smoke shop is doing far more harm for kratom than good. I don't like the idea of supporting smoke shops selling kratom "products", however, I have a chance to buy one or two different types of kratom "products".

I need to get to monday, and this is my first time screwing up with time and chance regarding kratom.

There are different ways I can go about trying to make it through AND go to work tomorrow night, but I would like to know if anything has worked for someone, and what your opinion on this is.........OTHER than "don't run out", "be more responsible", and other things that will NOT help.

Thank you.
Old 01-04-2012, 00:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3 Points: 567, Level: 3
Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3% Activity: 11.3%
Re: Need help for very short kratom withdrawals

You should first wait and see if you feel the symptoms of withdrawal at all as it can take a few days to even begin to feel them. But seeing as you may just reach that window by Monday afternoon, they might be felt even with the delay.

Anyway, what does your habit look like? that will determine how much you may have to deal with in terms of discomfort. I always used loperamide (about 4mg was what I had to use to keep away most of the physical withdrawal symptoms) I also used phenibut, which affects me similar to how Xanax would so I would use that to take the edge off some of the anxiety and aid in sleep. I also believe that Blue Lotus can help but I haven't used it myself so I cant say for sure.

DXM has been said to help people with some of the symptoms but since you won't need to deal with it that long it may not be worth doing.

Hope this helps!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good answers and logical reasoning.
Old 01-04-2012, 00:40
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

my rattie girl did not have terrible w/d from kratom. of course it all depends on how much and if you were taking an extract or not.

but you could take some benadryl to help sleep and my rattie girl found coffee helped with the slight irritable feeling she got from going off kratom.

i guess see what symptoms you get and then you can treat them if they show up.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful reply to questions.
Old 01-04-2012, 00:43
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixDelta753 View Post
You should first wait and see if you feel the symptoms of withdrawal at all as it can take a few days to even begin to feel them. But seeing as you may just reach that window by Monday afternoon, they might be felt even with the delay.

Anyway, what does your habit look like? that will determine how much you may have to deal with in terms of discomfort. I always used loperamide (about 4mg was what I had to use to keep away most of the physical withdrawal symptoms) I also used phenibut, which affects me similar to how Xanax would so I would use that to take the edge off some of the anxiety and aid in sleep. I also believe that Blue Lotus can help but I haven't used it myself so I cant say for sure.

DXM has been said to help people with some of the symptoms but since you won't need to deal with it that long it may not be worth doing.

Hope this helps!
You make a great point about seeing how long it takes for withdrawals to set in, if I was new to kratom completely or just NEVER ran out, what you said can be extremely helpful

Sadly, I know they symptoms start withing 5 to 6 hours, but I like the advice for anyone asking this type of questions.

There is no reason for me to say _________ won't work because I asked for opinions and that is what you gave.

I really appreciate the fast reply, and I will for sure think about those options.

Thank you
Old 01-04-2012, 06:33
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Phenylephrine nasal spray will help with the annoying runny nose, naproxen gives minor relief to the leg pains that may come. Ephedrine helps with the energy loss experienced during withdrawal.

I find the energy loss and leg pains to be the most difficult to handle, be careful with the ephedrine as it can be pretty taxing on the circulatory system don't over do it.

DXM can work to relieve withdrawals but I've only had success if I put myself in the first plateau dose range. I think it works to distract yourself from focusing on withdrawal and NMDA antagonism plays some role in tolerance of opioids, perhaps this also plays a role in opioid withdrawal.

Hope this helps you or other people trying to relieve some of the withdrawal.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:52
Silver Member

Male from United States
FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.FenixDelta753 is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
You make a great point about seeing how long it takes for withdrawals to set in, if I was new to kratom completely or just NEVER ran out, what you said can be extremely helpful

Sadly, I know they symptoms start withing 5 to 6 hours, but I like the advice for anyone asking this type of questions.

There is no reason for me to say _________ won't work because I asked for opinions and that is what you gave.

I really appreciate the fast reply, and I will for sure think about those options.

Thank you
I'm glad it was helpful

How are you feeling and have you done anything yet to keep away the w/d's?
Old 01-04-2012, 18:33
Palladium Member

I am feeling them right now, whatever suggested I either can't take, or it don't work.

I don't know what I am going to do, but oh well, I got myself into this situation.
Old 01-04-2012, 18:55
Silver Member

Male from United States

Maybe you could try to find some phenibut at a healthfood store or something if it's feeling that bad.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom addiction, kratom withdrawals, withdrawal management, withdrawal questions, withdrawal treatment