Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 01-04-2012, 06:36
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline
Points: 5,586, Level: 11 Points: 5,586, Level: 11 Points: 5,586, Level: 11
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%
5-Methyl-bk-MDEA (5-Methyl-Ethylone)

Just starting this thread because I noticed there wasn't any entries on this site regarding this chemical. Anyone know anything about this? It seems rather new, and there's not much info out there other than what I've
seen on other boards. That info claims it's actually closer to methylone than ethylone and that 150-200 mg
is an optimal dose for experienced labrats (not for a first time "allergy test", of course).

Rob Cypher added 70 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

However, I'm also seeing 500 mg listed as preferred dosage for your test subjects. Hmmm.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 01-04-2012 at 06:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2012, 18:03

Male from United States
Ulmty is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 5-Methyl-bk-MDEA (5-Methyl-Ethylone)

Having received a sample of this very recently I can say that it is very close to Methylone in it effects. It is however a bit more visual (pleasantly so). Where the two diverge in a effect is rather than the sharp decline after the methylone peak, 5-Methyl-Ethylone remains pleasant throughout the drop off.
Old 01-04-2012, 20:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Rob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline MedlineRob Cypher must mainline Medline

What seemed to be the optimal dose? The figures I'm seeing are between 100-500 mg. Seems a bit odd considering that adding a "5-Methyl" is supposed to make the chemical more effective at a lower dose than its parent, or at least that's the impression I got. (Both ethylone and methylone are usually are in the 100-200mg dose range, right?)
Old 03-04-2012, 22:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
greyandblack should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

500mg is the sweet spot for EXPERIENCED researchers

Combined with 10-20mg 5-meo-MIPT makes for a prefect MDMA substitute.

Add some 4-MMC during the peak of that combo and it's pure bliss.

2-FMA and 4FA are also excellent in combo with 5ME.

Hell, 5ME is just a great RC all by itself, but I love combos personally.

greyandblack added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Cypher View Post
What seemed to be the optimal dose? The figures I'm seeing are between 100-500 mg. Seems a bit odd considering that adding a "5-Methyl" is supposed to make the chemical more effective at a lower dose than its parent, or at least that's the impression I got. (Both ethylone and methylone are usually are in the 100-200mg dose range, right?)
I always liked 500mg of M1. I would have liked even more, but vasoconstriction became an issue.

greyandblack added 365 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

And now for a review:
received my package and observed the product to be of the same sort of texture as 4-fa, but less rocky. It had a very similar odor to M1 and some other related chemicals (it actually made the box that i stored it in smell of this weird sweet smell)

Reaction: Test began at 11:00AM. Amount tested was 150mg. First signs of reaction began at 11:45, the solution seemed very excited. Peak reaction occurred at 12:30, at which point the solution became very visually appealing and became even more excited. At this point I decided to add more 5ME (100mg) to the reaction solution in order to explore how excited the reaction solution could become. The solution did indeed become more excited as time went on and after adding another 50MG to the solution twice (once at 3:00PM and once at 5:00PM), the reaction held strong until it started to decline in intensity at around 10PM, and I finally went home to sleep at around 3AM.

It is my observation that this compound seems to have a stronger (more excited) reaction than M1 with the same reagent, and is also far more visually appealing. High recommendation for this one. I enjoyed observing this reaction and will definitely be purchasing more of it very soon in the future given that it is still available. I can see this being sold out very quickly unless the curator has vast quantities.

Another thing that I forgot to mention in my review is the difference between post-reaction qualities of 5-methyl-ethylone and M1 (and alternately, MDMA). While post-reaction qualities of the latter appear to be vastly negative (negativity increasing with the amount tested), I noticed no negative post-reaction qualities with 5-methyl-ethylone. In fact it seemed as though the reaction remained positive until I discarded the solution and went to sleep. Despite my 12+ hours work in the lab and going to sleep at 3AM, I awoke at around noon and went about my business as though I had gotten to sleep at a normal hour.

Last edited by greyandblack; 03-04-2012 at 22:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.ellisd is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 349, Level: 2 Points: 349, Level: 2 Points: 349, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

^ Is this your review or did you really have that much extensive testing on this rare compound to conduct all these experiments with all the combos you report as being excellent?
Old 04-04-2012, 01:55

Male from Earth

All extensively tested by a few hardcore lab geeks.
It's a new fav both alone and in combo.

Post Quality Evaluations:
you sound suspiciously like a vendor trying to push the stuff online, based on your DF posting history
Old 04-04-2012, 12:54
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,261, Level: 21 Points: 21,261, Level: 21 Points: 21,261, Level: 21
Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5% Activity: 45.5%

With no disrespect to the above poster I'd take their experience report with several liberal pinches of salt. We regularly get new members suddenly posting glowing reports of "new" compounds on the market, and more often than not there are vested commercial interests in such cases. It's worth noting that this member also made a new account on other discussion boards to post similarly positive reviews of this substance.

It also would not be unheard of for distributors to pass off old stock of substances that are now controlled as something new and exciting.

Tread carefully with this one until more is known about it. For starters I'd quite like to see some NMR data to confirm that this compound even exists.

Quote:
I think that's an interesting point. Based on the relationship between MDA and 5-methyl-MDA one might expect this compound to be substantially more potent as a result of 5'-methylation. Yet the reported active doses are more similar to those of methylone itself. Hmm.

Post Quality Evaluations:
"It's worth noting that this member also made a new account on other discussion boards to post similarly positive reviews of this substance" - doin your homework, I see ;)
Old 06-04-2012, 22:24
Titanium Member

Male from United States

A close friend of mine who I talk to online is supposed to get some soon (this week or next) from a trusted source; he'll give it the standard tests and let me know the results.

Rob Cypher added 848 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

My friend sent me this e-mail:

"I gave 200 mg to a test animal. (The test subject found the taste revolting; suggests
putting it in a capsule.) The animal reported mild feelings of happiness, some physical body buzz, not much stimulation. The animal was dosed with another 100 mg
90 minutes after the 200 mg dose; it seemed to push the euphoria up a notch. The test subject has had no experience with methylone or ethylone; just MDMA and 6-APB. The vendor was trustworthy with other products in the past.

Conclusion: It's interesting, but way overpriced.

Rob Cypher added 231 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Sorry, didn't realize my friend had been engaging in that type of talk. I'll have to warn him about that!

Anyway, his test subject reported positive sexual feelings with the drug, erratic orgasms; might be a tendency for it to be "moreish" in that regard. Still way overpriced.

Rob Cypher added 1274 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

There have been some complications in the last couple of days, according to my friend. He feels like this has too much cardiovascular side effects that he did not like as well as signs of potential ... Well, let's say that it triggers the "addiction" profile, that's for sure. He will never touch it again, but doesn't feel like his own conclusion is enough to make a judgment on.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 06-04-2012 at 22:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-04-2012, 04:44

25 y/o Male from United States
DayLight is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

could you elaborate on the cardiovascular side effects rob?
Old 07-04-2012, 17:38
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Friend said that it seems like if he tried to redose on the stuff and used too much, that it made his heart and arteries seem to hurt, and made him feel real tired and lethargic. That alongside with the occasional urge to "redose" doesn't help things.

It wore him out and made him feel sick after a while due to exertion. It seems to be okay if you want to sit around and masturbate for hours at a time (lol but this drug seems to have that effect). That was not really my friend's idea of a good time from a supposed empthogen, though. The potential for addiction is there as well; something he did not want in his life either.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:20
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,370, Level: 8 Points: 3,370, Level: 8 Points: 3,370, Level: 8
Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7% Activity: 14.7%

Quote:
Friend said that it seems like if he tried to redose on the stuff and used too much, that it made his heart and arteries seem to hurt, and made him feel real tired and lethargic.
Im curious if someone taking these beta-ketones has high blood pressure, would there be any harm in taking a water pill or blood pressure med like HCTZ prior to consumption?
Old 09-04-2012, 00:27
Titanium Member

Male from United States

It's possible, I guess; but I'd be a little wary about having to take one med to counter the side effects of another med. I can't really find any relevant info on whether or not that would actually work, BTW.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35

Male from Earth

Quote:
Friend said that it seems like if he tried to redose on the stuff and used too much, that it made his heart and arteries seem to hurt, and made him feel real tired and lethargic. That alongside with the occasional urge to "redose" doesn't help things.

It wore him out and made him feel sick after a while due to exertion. It seems to be okay if you want to sit around and masturbate for hours at a time (lol but this drug seems to have that effect). That was not really my friend's idea of a good time from a supposed empthogen, though. The potential for addiction is there as well; something he did not want in his life either.

Seems he needs to find a beautiful lab partner to work with and he'll have much better results.

greyandblack added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnabz View Post
Im curious if someone taking these beta-ketones has high blood pressure, would there be any harm in taking a water pill or blood pressure med like HCTZ prior to consumption?
IMO this person should not be researching these types of compounds at all.

Be safe.

Last edited by greyandblack; 09-04-2012 at 06:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-04-2012, 20:35

Male from United Kingdom
rainey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyandblack View Post
500mg is the sweet spot for EXPERIENCED researchers

Combined with 10-20mg 5-meo-MIPT makes for a prefect MDMA substitute.

Add some 4-MMC during the peak of that combo and it's pure bliss.

2-FMA and 4FA are also excellent in combo with 5ME.

Hell, 5ME is just a great RC all by itself, but I love combos personally.

greyandblack added 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

I always liked 500mg of M1. I would have liked even more, but vasoconstriction became an issue.

greyandblack added 365 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

And now for a review:
received my package and observed the product to be of the same sort of texture as 4-fa, but less rocky. It had a very similar odor to M1 and some other related chemicals (it actually made the box that i stored it in smell of this weird sweet smell)

Reaction: Test began at 11:00AM. Amount tested was 150mg. First signs of reaction began at 11:45, the solution seemed very excited. Peak reaction occurred at 12:30, at which point the solution became very visually appealing and became even more excited. At this point I decided to add more 5ME (100mg) to the reaction solution in order to explore how excited the reaction solution could become. The solution did indeed become more excited as time went on and after adding another 50MG to the solution twice (once at 3:00PM and once at 5:00PM), the reaction held strong until it started to decline in intensity at around 10PM, and I finally went home to sleep at around 3AM.

It is my observation that this compound seems to have a stronger (more excited) reaction than M1 with the same reagent, and is also far more visually appealing. High recommendation for this one. I enjoyed observing this reaction and will definitely be purchasing more of it very soon in the future given that it is still available. I can see this being sold out very quickly unless the curator has vast quantities.

Another thing that I forgot to mention in my review is the difference between post-reaction qualities of 5-methyl-ethylone and M1 (and alternately, MDMA). While post-reaction qualities of the latter appear to be vastly negative (negativity increasing with the amount tested), I noticed no negative post-reaction qualities with 5-methyl-ethylone. In fact it seemed as though the reaction remained positive until I discarded the solution and went to sleep. Despite my 12+ hours work in the lab and going to sleep at 3AM, I awoke at around noon and went about my business as though I had gotten to sleep at a normal hour.
5 meo mipt with just about any stim feels like mdma

my parrot tried 150mg of 5-IT with 9mg 5 meo mipt and reported it as being the most amazing glass like clean crystal mdma but better!

danced like crazy too 1st time in years!
Old 16-04-2012, 22:12
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnabz View Post
I'm not going to give a direct response to that question because I'm not qualified, but I can report another person's experience with high blood pressure and certain beta-ketones: he monitors his BP all the time and has taken a couple of this class of RC, and has not had problems with 4-MEC as he did with alpha-pvp, just to give one comparison. In other words, it is important to actually monitor BP for each compound specifically and not assume that BP will spike with all of them or none of them as a class. We are all very unique, as well, so a drug that spike's one person's BP might not spike another's. Lastly, it's important to realize that there are no clear symptoms of high BP. Anxiety and a feeling of hyper-activity can co-occur with normal BP, I've experienced that myself.

The question of which BP meds are OK to take for combatting the effects that supplements, herbs and meds have on the body is a very good one!!! It's so easy to assume we can self-medicate safely by taking something that lowers BP with something that raises it, when the two might have other unintended consequences in combination.
Old 20-04-2012, 22:34
Titanium Member

Male from United States

My feelings are, if you have to take one drug to deal with the side effects of another drug, than you probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place unless you absolutely need that drug (ie something to do with chemotherapy or whatever). This especially goes for the RCs, which are not well-investigated chemicals for the most part. Just my two cents.

Rob Cypher added 3 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Also, I suggest that folks who do try this particular substance on their lab rats really do a sub-optimal dose at first (even after you do your traditional "allergy test"), say 250 mg...I get the feeling that the 500mg recommendation is coming from someone with a bit more personal experience with the beta-ketones than your average newbie.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 20-04-2012 at 22:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-07-2012, 22:14
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
mPRH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

I heard rumor that the first to release this compound was later found to be selling a cathinone blend comprised mostly of bk-mdma (this vendor is no longer active and afaik has ceased to vend). This was also the one to recommend researching it in the 400-500mg range. a certain swim has told me that subsequent batches from different vendors were found to be plenty active at 100-150mgs. he says some prefer up to 200mgs but more could cause some troubling vasoconstriction. He hasn't seen any recent tests but believes the 5-ME currently circulating to be genuine. Does anyone know of any recent testing of this compound?
Old 20-07-2012, 21:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States

If that was Methylone than that is kinda disappointing; he had heard better things about methylone than what he actually experienced during that particular time. Also, doesn't 500 mg sound kinda high for methylone? I thought that was also more in the 100-200 mg range.

Last edited by Rob Cypher; 21-02-2013 at 20:02.
Old 23-07-2012, 06:04
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
mPRH is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

oh yes 500mg is quite a bit, but it was also alleged that it was also cut pretty heavily as well. I can't say either way as the 500mg required for research made it too pricey for me. When more vendors started carrying it and more reports were posted, then I decided to take the plunge. I must say though, that the 5-ME swim swum is similar to methylone (but not identical) in its effects. Maybe it'd be worth giving it another try from a different vendor.

mPRH added 0 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

oh yes 500mg is quite a bit, but it was also alleged that it was cut pretty heavily as well. I can't say either way as the 500mg required for research made it too pricey for me. When more vendors started carrying it and more reports were posted, then I decided to take the plunge. I must say though, that the 5-ME swim swum is similar to methylone (but not identical) in its effects. Maybe it'd be worth giving it another try from a different vendor.

Last edited by mPRH; 23-07-2012 at 06:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-02-2013, 20:03
Titanium Member

Male from United States

Upon further reading of other folks experiences, it seems like this isn't really any better than ethylone and is more expensive due to its rarity. Probably best avoided for now.

Share this on:

Tags
5-methyl-bk-mdea, 5-methylethylone, beta-ketones, cathinones, ethylone, high blood pressure, index threads, methylone, research chemicals, stimulant research chemicals, stimulants

» New Threads
Kratom withdrawal questions. Need...
Last post by Butter Bigsby
5 Replies, 273 Views
Taking Small dose of pure mdma...
Last post by Potter
1 Replies, 2 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by Butter Bigsby
100 Replies, 12,459 Views
Please help - Need support -...
Last post by LuLu81