Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids Cannabinoids & smoking blends.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:08
Silver Member

48 y/o Female from United States
justplaindumb is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
It says not for human consumption...I should have listened, now I am withdrawal

This is about "L". L has been a habitual marijuana user since she was in high

school many years ago. L went on vacation last summer and hooked up with some

friends. They had Triple X. L had never used herbal incense before so L was a bit

aprehensive at first but L tried it. It was great. L was high!! Then L decided

to buy some herself since she knew where to go buy it. Life was good with Triple X

for L. Then L went home from vacation. She went back to smoking her marijuana but

kept remembering the high from the Triple X. Lo and behold the BP right down the

road sells herbal incense. L bought some. Life was good for L for a few months.

Then L tried Mad Hatter. L quit smoking marijuana. L loved it and smoked it every

day. Then more and more everyday. L was up to using 3g a day of this stuff. L was

craving the Mad Hatter. She wanted it so bad it made her sick to her stomach. L

would wake up 3 or 4 times during the night just to take a toke so she could go back

to sleep. So to ward of the sick feeling L started smoking more and more. Now L

was getting worried. She decided to quit cold turkey. That was this past

Wednesday, L smoked the last she had. She was quitting. Thursday L went to work

and thought she was having bad hot flashes. L has no appetite and is sick to her

stomach. So bad they she would profusely sweat and face would turn red. Then

Thursday night L got home and was looking in the ashtrays for hopefully some that

didnt all burn up. Yea....she found a bowl. All symptoms of hotflashes went away.

Then L went to bed. She couldnt sleep, legs were cramping up, lots of coughing, hot

flashes turn the fan on....cold sweats turn the fan off, get up walk around legs are

cramping, start coughing muscles around rib cage cramping. L feels like she is

dying, L realizes that she is having withdrawal symptoms. L buys some marijuana to

help her cope. It helps aleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms.

Friday morning comes and L is so tired since she couldnt sleep more than 15 or 20

min at a time. L goes to work and it having lots and lots of hot and cold flashes,

L gets sick and throws up. L has to sit in her car with the air conditioner on full

blast just to get some relief. L had leg cramps before she went to sleep but none

that woke her up. She slept about 6 hours. L slept better last night. L took a

tylenol pm to help with the pain and the pm to help with the sleep.

Saturday L is feeling a bit better and hungry. L gets a bacon cheeseburger and

fries and ate about 1/2 of it. L has realized that just because it is legal does

not make it better. L said from now on she is using the real stuff.

L is Home from work and feeling much improved tonight. L had a couple of bouts of hot flashes and feeling sick to her stomach but 100% better than yesterday. L has had a few cramps in her chest area tonight but nothing too bad. L can't wait for this crap to get out of L.

Post Quality Evaluations:
posting the same thing twice under different titles is not cool.
good comprehensive account of withdrawals, thanks for sharing your personal experience
Old 01-04-2012, 04:28
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
SystemOverload is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: It says not for human consumption...I should have listened, now I am withdrawal

Similar situation with swim. All of a sudden around the point you start feeling sick all the time and you start smoking more swim realizes something really wrong is going on. Then swim tries to stop but you just get sicker and sicker, making swim want to smoke more. swim can smoke more at this point, but the whole cycle will just continue to get worse until swim is only smoking to get rid of withdrawal.

Those hot flashes occur as well. it is always a sensation of heat along with feeling dehydrated and then a sudden hit of nausea for swim.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:56
Silver Member

Re: It says not for human consumption...I should have listened, now I am withdrawal

The worst of the withdrawal is over I hope. I felt better today than I did yesterday and hopefully tommorrow better than today.

justplaindumb added 465 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

L woke up feeling pretty good this morning. No cough, nausea, muscle cramps etc.
L is going to try to drink a cup of coffee today. L has so missed her coffee. Her eyes this morning are full of gunky stuff. Hopefully that means her sight is going to improve now. While smoking mad hatter L's eyesight seemed to deteriorate. It was like her eyesight kept getting worse but when she had it checked the eye doctor said it hasnt changed. L has decided she will NEVER use mad hatter again.

Last edited by justplaindumb; 01-04-2012 at 12:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2012, 13:12
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time of it.
The research chemicals (synthetic cannabinoids) they put in these blends can be very addictive and many people have found themselves in similiar situations.
You should have a read through some of the other threads here as you will find some useful information on how people in the same situation have coped and gotten through the withdrawals.
Old 01-04-2012, 13:50
Titanium Member

Female from United Kingdom
Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.Anna Thema really knows their shit.
Points: 1,969, Level: 6 Points: 1,969, Level: 6 Points: 1,969, Level: 6

youre nearly there, if you stopped last Wednesday, you are at least half way through the withdrawals by now. most peoples wd's last 5-10 days, I think the time depends on many things, length of time smoked, amount smoked etc, but I would say 10 days is tops (well it was for me)

All the things youve described are totally normal in cold turkey from blends, I dont know what the science is but the hot flushes/red face is the first to go, appetite comes back around day 3. I never had nausea so I dont know with that.

The other thing to watch out for is the emotional effects, many people talk of the anger, I found it more despair, tears, hopelessness etc, luckily this doesnt last long either. For me that started around day 3 and continued till day 10.

Everybodies experiences are different BUT you are nearly through it, all you have to do is hang on for a few more days, then youve got the physicals cracked.

The thoughts stay longer, the irrational seraching the house for leftover roaches, old packets etc. As long as you can stick to the not buying any rule then you should be OK. theres something about this stuff that makes you think about it alot, and the more you think about it, the more you want it. I used negative associations with the thoughts ie consciously (even sometimes verbally) rejecting the desire to consume and that has worked a little with me.

I'm a few months down the line from cold turkey after 2 years+ of daily consumption of blends, and I find I think about them rarely nowdays, and I can quickly conjure up a negative association when I do think about them; this definately keeps desire to consume down, but you have to continue to think about them in a negative light, otherwise you forget all the reasons you wanted to stop, and instead just remember the good feelings, and then the desire to buy them is strong.

My only other word of caution, (aside from watch out for the emotionals) is I found drinking alcohol was a no no when quitting, it just made me feel sick and head spinny, rather than pleasantly drunk.

It's not easy giving up blends, so youve done really well so far; but it is not impossible, you can do this, and if you get twitchy then get on here and let it all out, that should help you too.
If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me any time.

All the best, Anna
Old 01-04-2012, 17:06

Male from United States
Sazh is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Yep similar story as me... I quit the blends once I realized what it was doing to me. Its pretty scary how addictive it is.
Old 01-04-2012, 20:45
Silver Member

L was able to eat a bit of food today. Yogurt for breakfast and McD chicken for lunch. L got a bit nauseous after eating but didnt throw up. L has developed 2 new symptoms. L has no smell. She cant even smell the smoke from a cigar. L also has the shakes. They are not too bad hopefully they won't get any worse than they are.

This is day 5 of the withdrawals and besides the minor shakes and not being able to smell L is feeling much improved. Anna if your correct L is half way through this. She feels like she has a handle on the symptoms and will power to get through this.
Old 01-04-2012, 23:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
zedhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplaindumb View Post
L was able to eat a bit of food today. Yogurt for breakfast and McD chicken for lunch. L got a bit nauseous after eating but didnt throw up. L has developed 2 new symptoms. L has no smell. She cant even smell the smoke from a cigar. L also has the shakes. They are not too bad hopefully they won't get any worse than they are.

This is day 5 of the withdrawals and besides the minor shakes and not being able to smell L is feeling much improved. Anna if your correct L is half way through this. She feels like she has a handle on the symptoms and will power to get through this.
Hi justplaindumb

my blend of choice was mary joy warnimg absolutly loved it far too much!!!
I too was smikung about three grams a day for six minths, the problem for me and it seems alot of other people is ease of
availability and guranteed potency,
I had to stop when I became so weak and it was pricey almost ordered some pure chems so glad I didn't dread to
Think where I would be now, apart from on my bong every hour or so ignoring my family hiding away to smoke and sleep
Fucking horrible person I turned into spending half my wages on the stuff
Today is day six off the blend but it's not been easy a little help from codeine for the shakes , muscle pain, insomnia etc
Not reccomending any one does same but I gotta sleep got kids wife no rest for the wicked the self inflicted don't get much
Simpify

zedhead added 24 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

OOps!!!!!!

Also day five at the pharmacy collecting codeine bumped into a mate whos mate had some real good weed sounded good
But last time it didnt get me stoned whilst on incense this is starting to be the same for all of us. Thc is weak as shit
compared to the likes of am2201 !!

But luckily my tolerance had lowered enuff by day five.

I Got stoned thank fuck bloody eyes body high the lot slept like a baby.
munchis ...
I did have lots of stomach cramps/pain, so today off to pharmacy to get enema to sort this shit for real, not in stock collect
Tommorow! End up with ibs relief hyoscine butylbromide and natural senna laxative makes uuuu go fast like ayrton senna12 hours later I can feel relief is gonna happen so sooooooon

By fir
Now u good people

very honest description of the negative effects addiction to blends can have on a personal relationships, thankyou for sharing, good luck with the quitting

Last edited by zedhead; 01-04-2012 at 23:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03
Silver Member

Male from Australia
SandyACL is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

They say that you don't recover from addiction by stopping the use, but by creating a new life where it's easier to not use. So yeah, I guess the best way to deal with it is to not focus on the fact that you're withdrawing (easier said than done).

Friends are really a vital part of the withdrawal phase (the good ones). You need all the support that you can get. Especially that the risk of relapse starts with the emotions, mental, then physical, surrounding yourself with your loved ones to help you deal with the situation seems strategic. And watch out for your own high-risk situations. They have this acronym called HALT - hunger, anger, loneliness and tiredness (but surely they vary with different people). List them down and have a plan on what to do in case you have these attacks.

interesting addition of HALT, good to point out need for a plan
Old 02-04-2012, 01:39
Silver Member

L says she is feeling much improved tonight. L ate a good dinner, smoked a few tokes of marijuana and was actually able to feel the effects of it. The shakes only lasted a few hours and she is still unable to smell anything. She is sure that too will return. L hopes she has not done any long term damage to her body. L was very stupid in her thinking. God made marijuana, our bodies know how to process it. The mad hatter was man made and man is driven by greed. Get people addicted and you will get rich. L guesses she must be feeling a bit angry about this now. Interesting. Wonder if that is another withdrawal symptom or just realization of what she did to herself.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:03
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
SystemOverload is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1 Points: 57, Level: 1

swim did notice a ton of regret almost about use. swim think it isn't a symptom of the compound, it is just when you finally stop swim sees how big of a hold it really gets around all aspects of life.
Old 02-04-2012, 13:41
Silver Member

L feels pretty good today. Thanks to all who read my posts, good luck to all who are going through this and encouragement to those who are about to give this up.

L vision is improved today and her sense of smell has returned. No shakes or any ill effects at the present time. From reading the many posts on here L can assuming that within the next 6 months or so her sense of well being will return. The cloudiness of her brain is what L is worried about the most.
Old 02-04-2012, 14:59
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

The cloudiness fades, as myself and many others have experienced. Remember that telling yourself "I have damaged my brain" because you are feeling the side affects of RCs (mental fog, confusion, paranoia, anxiety) will only make you feel worse, and become a cycle.

Eat lots of fruit, take the full range of vitamins, use Valerian Root for relaxation, and see a doctor! All of these things have greatly aided me. (Doctor for checking your health/bloodwork, they won't really be able to advise you on Research Chems - but always take your doctor's word over a stranger on the internet. Unless personal research shows otherwise.)

good supportive post, esp not obsessing about the cloudiness, good point & the vitamins & valerian
Old 02-04-2012, 16:17
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
eatingleg4peanut is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

SWIM has a strange relationship with RC's. They are his primary drug used for recreational fun. SWIM experienced what seemed to be a very strong psychological addiction the first time complete tolerance occurred. SWIM was in a state of panic for a good week following and was pretty miserable. However after a week tolerance was gone and swim could get high again, be it MJ or RC's. Since then SWIM has reached the level of complete tolerance many times and has to take time off to get the ability to get high from a RC but has never again experienced a psychological withdraw like the first time. SWIM has though about this alot, and has a theory that may apply to others or may be unique to him.

Theory: The first time swim started using heavy enough to reach full tolerance was during a period of heavy depression for SWIM, and staying high was a way to avoid dealing with what was wrong. So when Swim stopped being able to escape his reality he was forced to deal with what was going on in his life, which felt like too much to handle and was intensified by months of abuse. Swim has since had a clear head having worked out his personal issues but still likes using quite often for fun rather than necessity. He has become fully tolerant many times since but has never again felt the horrid psychological withdrawals he felt the first time, and he now believes it was his problem to began with that caused such a withdraw.

SWIM feels this occurrence would have happen had he had as easy access to cannabis just the same. Had SWIM been able to go to his local convenience store and buy a pack of weed as easy as he bought pack of blend he feels it would be the same story in a different drugs thread. SWIM was talking to his nephew about the withdraw after the fact and was very surprised to learn that his nephew (a all day/night MJ smoker) had very similar story’s to withdraw from MJ that swim had that first time with RC and stories very similar to some of the “warning” “stay away” “addiction” threads about RC’s on this site.

SWIM feels that the process of becoming psychologically addicted to cannabinoids is expedited with using RC’s rather than cannabis however. He feels this could be as simple as the effects of RC’s can be much more intense than that of cannabis, and can actually completely separate you from your everyday problems and put you into a frame of mind that can be completely different than your undrugged state of mind. In SWIMS experience this can be an extremely tempting consciousness especially if dealing with depression or other life negative.

SWIM would like me to add that he has not had any physical withdraw symptoms. He actually goes to the doctor often (once a month) and has had not one negative health impact that has been observed.

good to point out the psychological aspect of avoiding real life issues, they dont go away, they just get postponed and often intensified
Very good point. You can become totally seperated from your problems with these RC's
Old 03-04-2012, 14:44
Silver Member

L is feeling almost like her oldself again. The mental fogginess seems to be lifting. L only had one episode of hot/cold sweat yesterday. Was able to eat full meals and drink diet coke. Oh how L missed her diet coke. Maybe tommorrow L will actually be able to enjoy drinking coffee. L vows never to touch artificial weed again. This is L's story She hopes it helps another through the withdrawal. Just knowing that L wasnt alone in this was a great help. Thank you to all who read and listened to Ls story. L is signing off now.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:01

Male from USA - Georgia
Cold Turkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%

Wow it sounds a lot like someone I don't know named "Near." Just like it, actually, especially the part about waking up in the middle of the night to take a toke just to pass right back out. Pre-work usage. Luckily the effects were so short lived that they had faded (mostly, probably, that is) by the time Near got to work and Near never felt the need to bring them to work. But as soon as Near got off work Near would go back to smoking those RCs and a beer, maybe stay up for 2 or 3 hours before the sleep, wake, smoke cycle started for the evening. Near's feelings of hopelessness, once suppressed, were beginning to become amplified. Near was experiencing suicidal thoughts that were getting stronger each week.

The funny thing is that Near was having all of the withdrawal symptoms mentioned here while using the RCs. Uncontrollable sweating and blushing if triggered, lack of appetite. After a week and a half Near still has the symptoms but they are mostly dissipated. Near had to quit smoking cigarettes simultaneously so that co-workers wouldn't suspect the real reason why Near's chronic coughing had suddenly cleared up and why Near's demeanor had changed somewhat.

The sad thing is that the only reason that Near stopped is because Near's state made it an illegal substance. Near is glad that Near was forced to get sober for a while. After several prior years of self medicating with MJ and then RC Near is 100% clean and has a different perspective. Near is going to seek treatment for the mental issues that brought Near to the chronic MJ and RC usage in the first place and hopes that if L is still having any kind of trouble that L will do the same.
Old 09-04-2012, 14:50
Silver Member

L is doing good. Completely off the RC for 11 days now and L's emotional state has leveled out. L still has the occasional hot flash or foggy feeling but for the most part L is fine. L would not reccomend quitting cold turkey unless you have a medical professional to help you through it. Cold turkey worked for L but not without great risk. PLEASE if you are reading this and thinking about using RC's DONT!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 15:07
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Zhekarius is captain of the psychonauts.Zhekarius is captain of the psychonauts.Zhekarius is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 818, Level: 4 Points: 818, Level: 4 Points: 818, Level: 4
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Ooh, my friend has had some intense experiences resulting from mad hatter, it's a fairly strong blend if you aren't careful, I'm glad to hear you were able to get through your experience and are alright, what seems to get a lot of people from what I've observed is treating the stuff upon the initial use as if it were just "fake weed" and I actually think that term is dangerously close to being harmful, because it really should not be considered to be in any capacity "weed", and should be regarded as a separate substance, as it is, a synthetic cannabis, while the blends with jwh don't seem to be as bad, the more potent blends such as AM and HU should be treated with caution, both because of levels of potency and because of the potential for addiction, my friend's experience has taught him that during his time of abuse while he didn't have the psychological need to go pawning off his things to obtain more, when it was available, and when extra money was available to buy more, it would not end up lasting very long from the initial time of purchase, usually not more than 48 hours depending on the amount, and while at first this amount was only around 0.3 grams, it quickly grew due to a combination of peer pressure from a horrible influence of a friend that is now in prison due to his spice use getting so absurdly out of control that he held his mother hostage because she refused to supply his drug use, though he was also a schizo affective who had abruptly stopped taking all of his medication and began flushing it down the toilet, as well as a bit of a narcissist so he wasn't exactly the type of person that really was inclined to listen to what other people thought and the sure addictive property of the stronger strands of spice out there, particularly for my friend AM-2201 which he has since found a way to quit outright, though it was a bit of an extreme way of quitting, my friend has written a thread about the experience here on the forum.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabinoid addiction, herbal incense, withdrawal journal