Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 29-02-2012, 22:03
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Etizolam withdrawal?

How long will it be following the last dose that etizolam withdrawal starts to peak&fade from short term use?

Saddo has used 40mg Etilaam (etizolam) for 2 weeks precisely. Currently 16 hours since last dose. Some mild WD signs, the jitteriness, lethargy and fatigue. Sleep was also incredibly poor (woke up multiple times) due to the last dose being 0.5mg which wasn't enough to be noticable. SWIM feels jumpy but not anxious. Also mild appetite suppression.

Saddoplans to use one dose max of phenibut to help alleviate symptoms at some point.

Now 20 hours since.. and SWIM feels 90% normal or so. There may be insomnia later but, perhaps his quick mini taper and 2 weeks use only wasn't enough to cause much of a problem. He did feel a lot worse yesterday.

Last edited by Cuberun; 29-02-2012 at 23:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-02-2012, 23:49
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
Re: Etizolam withdrawal?

If I had to guess (and I could be wrong), 2 weeks is probably not long enough to cause the most severe of benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms. I definitely don't want to misguide you since obviously WDing from this particular class of drugs can be dangerous, but etizolam has a half-life of only about 6 hours so my guess is if you're already feeling better from yesterday, you're probably on the upswing. I'm sorry that I can't locate any sources right now, but to the best of my recollection I believe that I've read in a number of places it takes a fair amount longer than 2 weeks to develop a significant physical dependence to benzos, but don't quote me on that. In any event, keep us posted and I hope you continue to feel better. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

It is simply impossible for anyone to answer (reasonably) confidently such direct questions with so little information. 40mgs over two weeks, how? consistent doses at consistent intervals? sporadic doses whenever it felt necessary? something else?

Self-assessment can be problematic, especially if one has a decent idea of what to expect. Is that the nature of Saddo's purported withdrawal symptoms?

What about coadministration with another medication, particularly those with possible interactions (such as fluvoxamine)--this could drastically change the expected pharmacokinetic profile in Saddo's case. This, itself, could render the information from many controlled studies anywhere from still applicable to completely null and void, you see.

Not that I want to give you a sense of hopelessness, just an appreciation for all the considerations that would need to go into even a complete shot in the dark. Having said all that, there doesn't seem to be much a wealth of research in the area by any stretch, but what has been done would apparently be in Saddo's favor (insofar as it is still applicable, at least), check out the following paper from the archives:

Low tolerance and dependence liabilities of etizolam: molecular, functional, and pharmacological correlates

Again: don't necessarily downplay symptoms that Saddo might otherwise consider severe just because that study would suggest low dependence liability. In other words, the uncertainty here is great enough that the available research should not overrule any decision to seek medical help (hopefully it doesn't get to this point, of course).

Take care

Post Quality Evaluations:
Excellent well-rounded advice plus the research angle that in no way detracts from individual experience(s).
useful citation and link to forum resource
Old 01-03-2012, 04:02

31 y/o Male from United States
hyperkondriac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I wish you the best. I take Xanax every day but I don't believe 2mg a day will cause withdrawls. I have never heard of Etizolam until now. I will have to research. Best of Luck!

alprazolam and etizolam are different drugs with different symptoms of addiction and so on, contributes very little to the thread
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples View Post
It is simply impossible for anyone to answer (reasonably) confidently such direct questions with so little information. 40mgs over two weeks, how? consistent doses at consistent intervals? sporadic doses whenever it felt necessary? something else?

Self-assessment can be problematic, especially if one has a decent idea of what to expect. Is that the nature of Saddo's purported withdrawal symptoms?

What about coadministration with another medication, particularly those with possible interactions (such as fluvoxamine)--this could drastically change the expected pharmacokinetic profile in Saddo's case. This, itself, could render the information from many controlled studies anywhere from still applicable to completely null and void, you see.

Not that I want to give you a sense of hopelessness, just an appreciation for all the considerations that would need to go into even a complete shot in the dark. Having said all that, there doesn't seem to be much a wealth of research in the area by any stretch, but what has been done would apparently be in Saddo's favor (insofar as it is still applicable, at least), check out the following paper from the archives:

Low tolerance and dependence liabilities of etizolam: molecular, functional, and pharmacological correlates

Again: don't necessarily downplay symptoms that Saddo might otherwise consider severe just because that study would suggest low dependence liability. In other words, the uncertainty here is great enough that the available research should not overrule any decision to seek medical help (hopefully it doesn't get to this point, of course).

Take care

I'm not looking for people to assess my individual situation. I'm looking for people's own experiences with withdrawaling from etizolam. If you get plenty of reports then you can make averages and guidelines. I suppose, to draw ones own conclusions.,

There is indeed not much research. That's why threads like these give a better perspective than say, wikipedia saying the halflife is 6 hours then that it's 8 hours due to a metabolite. Some day, someone will google this thread, laying in bed during an etizolam withdrawal and be comforted by knowledge.

Currently have insomnia which is an unpleasant symptom, being awake still at 8 am.. but it's easy enough to power through when not accompanied by dysphoria and anxiety. Would probably be able to sleep if there was something as simple as OTC doxylamine around here (unisom).

Last edited by Cuberun; 01-03-2012 at 08:32.
Old 02-03-2012, 16:34
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuberun View Post
I'm not looking for people to assess my individual situation. I'm looking for people's own experiences with withdrawaling from etizolam. If you get plenty of reports then you can make averages and guidelines. I suppose, to draw ones own conclusions.,
Ah, I was a little thrown off I suppose because the way you asked indicated to me that you thought the answer was straight-forward or you expected a straight-forward answer, my mistake there.

However (and not to bicker), experience reports are meant to be as detailed as possible. For instance, they typically give an account of the experience periodically, with a granularity of hours (if not, finer) after initial dose, often with some pretext from before the initial dose, and sometimes continue even after suspicion that the last dose has worn off; they also indicate which, if any, other substances may have had an effect. While this still doesn't usually control enough variables to be particularly scientific, it can of course help others know what they might expect. This is why I was puzzled by the brevity of your original post. Even if people add their own experiences in the same brevity, how do you expect to come up with e.g., averages, or anything useful to someone who can't possibly know how similar their situation is to any one of the experiences? That hypothetical person should also not downplay their own symptoms in light of others' reported experiences, right?

Quote:
There is indeed not much research. That's why threads like these give a better perspective than say, wikipedia saying the halflife is 6 hours then that it's 8 hours due to a metabolite. Some day, someone will google this thread, laying in bed during an etizolam withdrawal and be comforted by knowledge.
Granted, the wikipedia article may have been edited, but the summarized half life is 6 hours; the elimination half life of etizolam, itself, is reported as 3.5 hours, while the half life of its active metabolite is 8 hours. There should be nothing confusing about that...

Quote:
Currently have insomnia which is an unpleasant symptom, being awake still at 8 am.. but it's easy enough to power through when not accompanied by dysphoria and anxiety. Would probably be able to sleep if there was something as simple as OTC doxylamine around here (unisom).
What about diphenhydramine/Benedryl? Molecularly, they are extremely similar substances, both have sedating and antihistaminergic properties, diphenhydramine being more antihistaminergic and doxylamine being more sedating, but still doxylamine is only second to diphenhydramine in terms of antihistaminergic action, and diphenhydramine hydrochloride is also sold in a formulation of Unisom for its ability to cause drowsiness (which is ridiculously overpriced, so I'd suggest grabbing a different formulation of diphenhydramine, probably one advertised to treat allergies, and simply use the equivalent dose for sleep; I think it's 50mg but you should double check that because I personally can't stand either of these substances and haven't used them in a long time).

I don't expect your (rebound) insomnia should last more than a few days at most going off of studies based on similar medications, but remember those are conducted at therapeutic, controlled doses only. Keep us posted, especially if it doesn't improve (or worsens!).

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:38
Gold Member

Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples View Post
Granted, the wikipedia article may have been edited, but the summarized half life is 6 hours; the elimination half life of etizolam, itself, is reported as 3.5 hours, while the half life of its active metabolite is 8 hours. There should be nothing confusing about that...

What about diphenhydramine/Benedryl?

I don't expect your (rebound) insomnia should last more than a few days at most going off of studies based on similar medications, but remember those are conducted at therapeutic, controlled doses only. Keep us posted, especially if it doesn't improve (or worsens!).

Good luck!
Codename 47 does not like diphenhydramine. 47 much prefers doxylamine. Diphenhydramine causes too many nasty side effects compared to doxylamine. 47 does not really require advice on it. Doxylamine Kirkland generics are indeed available for a pittance. 47 received his supply of doxylamine which helped ease the insomnia, although relatively mild anxiety was still present.

To conclude for anyone WDing from short term etizolam use here is 47's take on it:
The half-life of wikipedia really has no indication towards withdrawal duration and peak therefor it's relatively useless for all intents and purposes.

From 47's experience now withdrawaling twice from short term use (enough to cause withdrawal effects)

The peak of the withdrawal starts at around 32-35 hours POST final dose at which point anxiety (controllable) arouse on top of sleep disturbance.. From short term use the withdrawal lasts starting from t+24h (peak t+35h) to +t90h- sleep should return to normal after about 100h (baseline).

Your Mileage May Vary, but stay calm- it's not a terribly long haul as with clonazepam or with the initial anxiety intensity levels of alprazolam.
Recommend OTC doxylamine 50mg to deal with insomnia (don't go crazy with it as it has deleriant effects in higher doses rather than sedative effects).

Last edited by Cuberun; 12-03-2012 at 06:51.
Old 12-03-2012, 18:16
Gold Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Codename 47 does not like diphenhydramine. 47 much prefers doxylamine. Diphenhydramine causes too many nasty side effects compared to doxylamine. 47 does not really require advice on it. Doxylamine Kirkland generics are indeed available for a pittance. 47 received his supply of doxylamine which helped ease the insomnia, although relatively mild anxiety was still present.
I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood what you meant by...

Quote:
Would probably be able to sleep if there was something as simple as OTC doxylamine around here (unisom).
I am making the assumption that you and 47 are shopping in an area covered by the same jurisdiction, so I may be wrong on that point, but if I'm not: now you say they are in fact available, and for cheap--am I misunderstanding something? The only thing I can think is maybe a prescription is required for it? But if diphenhydramine isn't also behind the counter, I can't imagine the reasoning there... I only mentioned diphenhydramine, of course, because it's so molecularly and pharmcologically similar to doxylamine succinate. Of course some people do have the experience you describe; I've already said that I can't stand either of those substances (the effects are similar enough for me). I'm sorry, I tend to pick up on when people mention trouble sleeping and try to help as much as I can. That really does begin to diverge from the original topic, though I only meant it as an aside, a potential tip if you hadn't already realized the possibility. Finally, although you said 47 was not interested in my advice (at least regarding diphenhydramine/doxylamine succinate), feel free to message me if, say, 47 (or yourself) feels at his wit's end and thinks I may be able to help.

Quote:
To conclude for anyone WDing from short term etizolam use here is 47's take on it:
The half-life of wikipedia really has no indication towards withdrawal duration and peak therefor it's relatively useless for all intents and purposes.
I'm really not quite sure I follow you on this point (well, firstly, surely you mean the half life of etizolam, as listed on wikipedia!); It seems a little tenuous, though I suppose that's to be expected from any claim derived from a subjective experience, yet delivered with such verisimilitude...

Perhaps it would help if me understand if you could you make a comparison from, say, a benzo, where the half life is much more indictive of the withdrawal duration and peak? The paper I linked earlier goes into very much detail on the withdrawal from lorazepam and etizolam (albeit in mice, but the study focused on the effects specifically on GABAA ionotrophic receptor complexes--exactly the same as those found in the human brain...). It never mentions the half life of these medications as a factor at all in the nature of the withdrawal symptoms... I'd appreciate it if you could clarify this confusion for me!

Thanks!
Old 26-03-2012, 09:30

Male from Fiji
gravytrain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

SWIM is currently going through what he perceives to be withdrawal symptoms from Etizolam.

Background is SWIM has been taking it fairly consistently, recreationally, in varying dosages for 1-1.5 months. Usually these dosages have been fairly large. 5-10 mg, per dosage, and sometimes as high as 25mg in a 24 hour period, and occasionally combined with alcohol.

Yesterday having not consumed Etizolam for roughly 4 days or so, which after feeling pretty bad all day, SWIM experienced a mild panic attack.

Generally slightly increased heartrate, anxiety levels, severely decreased appetite, general sense of unease, irritability, and some rather irrational paranoia is being experienced stilll, and has been for a little while. Slight clouded conciousness also being experienced.. kind of feels like a Mental Fog in SWIM's head, that he cannot actually pin to effecting anything in day to day life, but is more just a feeling.

More info about etizolam (form, dosing, etc.) needed
Old 30-03-2012, 15:12
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
LifeSucceedsDeath is captain of the psychonauts.LifeSucceedsDeath is captain of the psychonauts.LifeSucceedsDeath is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

@gravytrain: Did the individual distinguish what form the Etizolam he abused was in? It comes in many different forms; powder's of varying purity, "pellets", and pharmaceutical preparations (1mg pills is all I know of); without this information your post isn’t as relevant. **Although without a source no post can ever be fully relevant, please do the best you can as we must make do without source data.**

**--- I’ve gone through very similar experiences myself with verified brand name “Etilaam” pills, and also with powder of *unknown* [stated 99%+ from a reputable vendor, but I never got it tested] purity. The powder however, when compared to the pills, I would verify as probably near pure using a liquid (propylene glycol) dosing method for accuracy. I’m working on an in depth report of withdrawal effects in comparison to experiences with Lorazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, and Zopiclone withdrawal, and will post at a later date. ---**

Etizolam powder: the unprocessed/ untreated end product that results after completing any of the several published syntheses that lead to the Etizolam molecule. This is one of the harder compounds to produce, you can never trust a source to be giving you what they claim, even if they show you documents of GC/MS, HPLC, or other tests used to determine an accurate composition reading (purity and impurities), because most businesses, websites, individuals, etc. retailing novel compounds under research like Etizolam don’t have the money to analyze the materials themselves, and usually just pass on the information given to them upon purchase from whichever chemical wholesaler supplies them (or better yet, a laboratory which is large enough to own analysis equipment like this -> I don’t actually know the main labs, but I’d put my money on this not being the case, as equipment like this is millions of dollars and businesses save money wherever possible). Therefore, the purity information can be inaccurate, out of date (expired), etc. and unless personally sending a properly packaged sample of your purchase to a reputable lab for testing, you will never be sure of the actual purity. Nevertheless, if you have experience with other samples or pills of known accuracy/purity, then reference to that should still be accepted as useful information.

"Pellets": these are an untrustworthy product in their nature because they circumvent the known legitimacy of pharmaceutical preparations which require incredibly expensive machinery to maintain [very critical] accurate measurements (homogenization equipment is very $$$). “Pellet” products are never backed by verified pharmaceutical manufacturer’s, and so lack any form of measurement standards or accuracy.

Furthermore, I believe the Etizolam patent (Etilaam?) has long been open for generic products to be made, so creating “pellets” for study indicates that even more corners were cut to save money in an already incredibly lucrative industry – especially considering *REAL* ‘Etilaam brand’ pills can be bought online for LESS than “pellets”. Because of this, there seems to be (to me at least with my knowledge) no accurate standards or legitimacy, making pellets unfit for reference or comment here. Even “pellets” within the same batch can have inaccuracies in their measurement large enough to deem their use non-relevant to scientific study (homogenization machinery to create consistent powders, not to mention the further equipment to press accurately measured pills, is incredibly expensive, and I'm assuming that the standard pharmaceutical equipment isn't used with "pellet" production), and thus should not be considered scientific here (that's not to say of no use though).

Pharmaceutical pill preparations, brand or generic (with relevant source info you can verify): In the world of pharmaceuticals, 1mg pill preparations don’t allow individual differences of content over 1-10micrograms of pure chemical (I’m guessing from memory, sorry if I’m off – point is they have verifiable, universal standards in reference, and thus maintain relevance to scientific study). This is required for creating valid “experience reports”. Unfortunately, this too cannot be confirmed by many posters, as there are phoneys (selling “Etilaam” or other brand/generic pills) circulating the web.

The point of posting this is to make this known to everyone previously unaware of it, to encourage a “buyer beware” mindset in researchers, and to remind posters to include enough detail in their posts so that someone can actually help them.

Also, the days of "SWIM" are over so avoid it in other posts you make. If you can clear up the form of Etizolam "whoever that was" was taking, (*form only* -> no sources!) that will become a more helpful and informative post. Also, I’ve had similar experiences but will post at a later date, hopefully with the above clarified. Welcome to drugs-forum and considering it's your first, nice post!

LSD
Old 30-03-2012, 17:44
Silver Member

Male from Poland
magister is a decent psychonaut.

SWIM is glad to have found another valuable post on this forum which has helped SWIM so much before.

SWIM finds himself in the same boat as the original poster. 2 weeks ago to the day SWIM received a sample or 'Intas Pharmaceuticals' blister packs of 1mg tablets. SWIM has never regularily taken benzos of any kind, SWIM did a few tomazpams a few years back, and when SWIM was a teen SWIM could buy valium over the counter when SWIM lived in the 3rd world country in the late 80's....but despite that SWIM was such a heavy hashish smoker that the valiums were of little interest other than an occasional diversion. So no addiction developed....anyway...

So these were available on the internet from a trusted vendor and seemed quite inexpensive. SWIM has been going thru a stressful period and considered it might be really nice to have some temporary alleviation of that stress so SWIM could just get on with things.
Well they actually made SWIM quite woozy and drowsy to the point of being of little value during the day as SWIM would start to nod off and would have to drink alot of coffee to get things done. At night it was different SWIM could take a full tablet and jump on the sofa, but found that SWIM usually only watched about 10 minutes of a movie or T.V. before falling right off to sleep.

Now SWIM has been waking up feeling a bit more anxious than usual. SWIM is a bit of a worrier anyhow, so SWIM has just been taking a half tablet to calm down. Then during the day SWIM will often take another half tab here or there and finish the day off with a full tab. SWIM has tended to loose count but SWIM guesses SWIM has averaged about 4-5 tablets a day. There may have even been a 6 tablet day in there but SWIM hopes not cause it frankly scares SWIM.

This morning SWIM had cold-sweat type of faint feeling. SWIM used to get these back about 4-5 years ago when SWIM drank more booze. SWIM usually just eat some sugary food and lay down and it passes within 4-5 minutes. SWIM doesn't know if this is related. What SWIM knows is that by the time SWIM realised a whole week had passed and SWIM had used them every day that SWIM might actually develop some type of benzo addiction. Having had an opiate addiction before, the very last thing SWIM wants is a benzo addiction, which actually apparently can be phyically dangerous as one can experience seizures.

So here SWIM is now at the 2 week mark. SWIM realises he really has to make a serious effort. SWIM phoned up a drug advice hotline and asked them about benzo addiction, apparently alot like with heroin addiction they try and move addicts to longer lasting benzos and then tapper off. SWIM thinks SWIM might get quick a panic attack if SWIM does a full jump from the 4 tablets a day that SWIM has been using. Apparently 1mg is about equal to 10mg of valium and the advice line told SWIM that 40mg of valium a day is quite alot, although some are on up to 80 a day just to feel normal.

SWIM is thinking SWIM will take very careful note of my use from now. Do 3, 2.5, 2, 1.5 etc. The reason is SWIM's relatives are in town this week so SWIM really cannot do a full jump right now. Next week SWIM is on SWIMs own so SWIM could attempt it then. The idea is to do a taper. SWIM is hoping the original poster or anyone else who has experience with specifically Etizolam could provide some advice and guidance.

Many Thanks....
Old 31-03-2012, 01:51

Male from Fiji
gravytrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSucceedsDeath View Post
@gravytrain: Did the individual distinguish what form the Etizolam he abused was in? It comes in many different forms; powder's of varying purity, "pellets", and pharmaceutical preparations (1mg pills is all I know of); without this information your post isn’t as relevant. **Although without a source no post can ever be fully relevant, please do the best you can as we must make do without source data.**
**--- I’ve gone through very similar experiences myself with verified brand name “Etilaam” pills, and also with powder of *unknown* [stated 99%+ from a reputable vendor, but I never got it tested] purity. The powder however, when compared to the pills, I would verify as probably near pure using a liquid (propylene glycol) dosing method for accuracy. I’m working on an in depth report of withdrawal effects in comparison to experiences with Lorazepam, clonazepam, diazepam, and Zopiclone withdrawal, and will post at a later date. ---**

The point of posting this is to make this known to everyone previously unaware of it, to encourage a “buyer beware” mindset in researchers, and to remind posters to include enough detail in their posts so that someone can actually help them.

Also, the days of "SWIM" are over so avoid it in other posts you make. If you can clear up the form of Etizolam "whoever that was" was taking, (*form only* -> no sources!) that will become a more helpful and informative post. Also, I’ve had similar experiences but will post at a later date, hopefully with the above clarified. Welcome to drugs-forum and considering it's your first, nice post!
[/QUOTE]

It started off as powder, which was when a liking for this particular drug first began. However, due to the nature of powder and no drug scales at hand, this powder didn't last long, and as such any usage was sporadic, but very hard hitting, which after waking up, no withdrawals (or noticeable?) were ever felt. It's only since using the 'Etilaam' branded 1mg pellets that any noticeable withdrawals were felt. But then the switch from powder to tablets was made, and doses were generally dropped to smaller amounts, but at a higher frequency which I fear is what may have bought on a certain amount of dependence.

A couple of days had passed since last posting, where I noticed a substantial reduction in perceived withdrawal symptoms. However, due to being under the influence of other compounds, I gave myself a reason to become convinced that something seriously bad would happen to me unless I took some Etizolam to calm me down, which looking back in hindsight I probably didn't need at all, and was just a lack of willpower/anxiety due to consuming a different drug whilst in the knowledge I may still have bee withdrawing from Etizolam. This happened two days in a row, one day I believe to me 3mg, and on another, 5mg. However, I'm going to show more willpower, and give myself a lot less reason to 'fall back' onto them during this week. But if last attempt was anything to go bye, it doesn't appear to me as if the most severe withdrawals last particularly long - luckily (well, in my case at least, for someone who'd been taking it regular/semi-regularly for 1-1.5 months). I will update how I feel during the middle of next week sometime, in which I'd have hopefully kept clean of Etizolam in the mean time.

And thank you for your kind welcome.

gravytrain added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

And apologies for making a mess of the quotes in that post, I'd edit it but I lack the permissions as a newbie.

Last edited by gravytrain; 31-03-2012 at 01:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2012, 16:01
Silver Member

Male from Poland

Thanks for the update GravyTrain, I hope it goes well for you.

I know what you mean by lack of willpower/anxiety and just taking a pill cause you think u need it.
In fact I was doing ok so far today having just had 2 1/2 tabs but got a sudden thought like
"I might get nervous while out doing the shopping" thought, so just had another 1/2...so 1.5mg so
far today. As long as I stay at 3mg or less I will consider it a successful first step in getting this
one under control. It give me a guage to calibrate further reduction and better judgement of the
timing of the final jump. In fact this morning I woke feeling quite positive I could deal with the jump
right here and now,, but this thought was a trojan horse cause it then made me think it was therefore
ok to have a 1/2 tab. "I can quit anytime, therefore I will take again today, just like the past X days"

I am trying to taper now, as my 2 week honeymoon is over and I decided I don't want to be married
to this one. First is careful notation of exactly how much is used per day. During the honeymoon
phase it was too easy to eat them like candy. I am spacing 1/2 tabs divided thru the day. I want
to make sure I am ok on 3,2,1 etc. But am also worried about letting 2 weeks of use become 3 weeks.
Old 31-03-2012, 16:24
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
knightsmith is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2
Activity: 9.4% Activity: 9.4% Activity: 9.4%

I'm interested in this thread, as i've started using etizolam as a substitute for benzo fury, to get out of the habit. My research had me believe it to be non-addictive, i'm on 1mg tablet per day, will I be fine (not addicted) as long as I do not increase the dosage? (risk miminization)
Old 31-03-2012, 17:36
Gold Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsmith View Post
i've started using etizolam as a substitute for benzo fury, to get out of the habit.
Do you mean to ease withdrawal, or something? These drugs are not at all similar... the "benzo" in "benzo fury" is misleading, it comes from the shortening of benzofuran, not benzodiazepine; benzo fury is 6-ABP, more chemically related to MDA, and it should have stimulating and psychedelic effects if anything, not sedating or anxiolytic effects like etizolam...

Maintaining a low dose isn't likely to cause dependence but it's always possible. I'm still confused about what you're trying to do... shouldn't the long-term goal be to taper off? if you're quitting from a habit?

Important clarification on a stupidly named product

Last edited by Phenoxide; 30-04-2012 at 10:33. Reason: typos (6-ABP -> 6-APB)
Old 31-03-2012, 17:53
Silver Member

Benzo fury is 6-APB, and I know isn't linked to benzodiazepines. I've been needing something to relax, and found that etizolam was recommended, so I decided to replace 6-APB with that 1 pill per day. So far I feel better. To taper from BF would probably be more harm than good, as I feel my mental health dminishing daily.

benzo fury is not the correct name for 6-apb, more a colloquialism than anything.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 30-04-2012 at 10:33. Reason: typos (apb6 -> 6-APB)
Old 31-03-2012, 19:15
Gold Member

Male from United States

Ok, I was just confused because of the word 'substitute'. Also, I meant tapering off of etizolam--I haven't read a whole lot about 6-APB, but from its structure, its likely mechanisms of action, and the fact that you've mentioned it as a daily habit, I assume it likely has withdrawal symptoms characterized by anxiety, hence the use of etizolam for its anxiolytic properties, do I have that right?

Unless 6-APB happens to be particularly neurotoxic (perhaps suggested by your feelings about how it has affected your mental health, but this of course doesn't require neurotoxicity), which could cause a very drawn-out withdrawal syndrome, the anxiety should subside and thus you shouldn't have to take (or worry about taking) etizolam long term, right?

While so far it looks as though therapeutic use of etizolam is rather safe relative to comparable use (of many) of the benzodiazepines, it's probably worth pointing out that even in countries where etizolam is an approved medication, it does still require a prescription. Maybe I'm still misreading what you're saying, but it sounds like the intended use is therapeutic and characterized by a concern for your own health rather than recreation. In that case, if you want to take advantage of its current status as an unscheduled/non-controlled substance, particularly without any professional medical oversight, I can only suggest the most cautious regimen. Granted, using a low dose is cautious (0.5mg may have been a better starting dose, but I get the impression that 1mg pellets are much easier to find than 0.5mg ones, and that's not a terribly large dose), but indefinite use isn't. It seems like a general rule of any medication is that it should only be used so long as it's necessary.

Hope that helps.

A truly splendid description of relevant questions, and risk(s) involved. Great safe and knowledgeable counsel!
Old 31-03-2012, 20:00
Silver Member

The etizolam pilla re 1mg, and i'm sorry for confusing you. Basically I used benzo fury as a crutch, to try and get my life back, I had been ill, no energy, didn't want to sleep my life away. Now i'm feeling myself practically rambling on, and tense.

The use of the etizolam, is to relieve anxiety, to calm things down, and to use something less risky, over using benzo fury. Its so I can gather my thoughts and regroup.

I will not taper off benzo fury, I have stopped it, I used the last ones. The etizolam is there to help me along. I have self medicated in the past, by diazepam, and knowing its NOT a drug to get hooked on, I managed ok, and this time I felt etizolam was less risky than perhaps going for the diazepam. This is not intended for long term, and I am looking into getting help, I just have to wait for a bit to see whats going on there. This is not for recreational use. I bought the etizolam off legal high sites, ironic.

knightsmith added 39 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Forgot to say thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your thoughts.

Price discussion, even with legal highs, is against the rules, please edit your post
price discussion is against the forum rules

Last edited by Phenoxide; 30-04-2012 at 10:39. Reason: prices
Old 03-04-2012, 11:09
Silver Member

Male from Poland

Well I did my 1st day after 2 weeks of eating 'etis' like candy.

Divided 1mg in 1/2 and spaced it out, was going to keep it to just 3mg a day, but by the time night rolled around I just wanted that extra 1/2 to give me that nice cushy feeling and to drift off to sleep. So a 3.5
day. However the next day I was able to keep it to just 3mg in 1 day.

At least I know where I am now. It was tempting to just take one whenever the slightest whim passes thru your thoughts. How to not latch on to that thought, move on to something else.

However on Monday, going back to work or something made it difficult, I had alot of stress and had a 4mg day.
There is alot of work on Wednesday and Thursday, so I will do my best. I know I can do better.

Many of the times I take it it is not like I am feeling an terrible amount of anxiety or anything. It is more out of boredom. In fact I have come to the conclusion that yes although it does reduce anxiety it also makes you sort of nod off or take short cat naps. I need to study for exams so it really sucks to keep falling asleep.

My family clears off on Thursday so I have a long Easter weekend to try and do a jump. I don't think I am physically addicted yet as its been just over 2 weeks of daily use. I also can feel that my tolerance has decreased from just a week ago when I was popping them with wild abandon. A 1/2 tab makes a noticable difference when last week I would take 1.5 or 2 to get the same. The thing is that there is a psychological addiction that is already established...like "normal life is so boring why not just take one". The thoughts of worrying about ETI dependance also causes anxiety which increases my desire to take one, so I sort of have to sneak the taper/jump on myself.

I don't think it will be hard to do a 2.5mg and then a 2mg day. Then I can jump, hopefully during Easter. I will stock up on movies to watch and just pull an all-nighter.

I think ETI are probably safer than other benzos but I do think they can get addictive, anyhow I am on the cusp and I don't really want to find out.

My kratom use ballooned out of control about 5 years ago and I had to go on an opiate substitution Subutex, and benzo addiction is worse so definately worried. Alot of these legal research chems have risks and while yes our drug policy is screwed up and these that innovate these molecules to make them legal are giving options it is also causing new problems for people who develop abuse issues and alot of drug-support services have never heard of these things.

Ideally I would just like to use ETI every now and again, but I have never been one to be like that. If I could just get on a safer daily use drug like pot, but for some reason it makes me paranoid and worry. At times I have tried to force myself to smoke pot daily so I would not want to use other things....but the paranoia just makes me want other things: opiates/ benzos. Not sure why some friends smoke pot and it makes them so chilled out, it makes my thoughts run wild.

Price discussion is against the forum rules
I like this post's inherent honesty following the removal of price discussion..

Last edited by Phenoxide; 03-04-2012 at 12:57. Reason: prices
Old 15-04-2012, 00:42
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Slayerkorn is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

I bought this stuff called etilaam. It comes in 1mg blister backs and is a medium-blue color. Helps me fall asleep but doesn't feel like the more traditional benzos I've taken in the past (xanax, valium, ativan). Is this stuff legit etizolam or no?

Off-topic, not helpful to OP
Old 15-04-2012, 01:39
Gold Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerkorn View Post
I bought this stuff called etilaam. It comes in 1mg blister backs and is a medium-blue color. Helps me fall asleep but doesn't feel like the more traditional benzos I've taken in the past (xanax, valium, ativan). Is this stuff legit etizolam or no?
If you are at least sure what you bought was "Etilaam", then yes, this is a brand name of etizolam. Not everyone experiences it the same, but it is often compared to alprazolam in experience--just without as much of a mind fog/cloudiness of thoughts. If that's what you were expecting, then it's reasonable that you might conclude it didn't feel like alprazolam (or diazepam or lorazepam). Other than that, I don't think anybody can conclusively tell you what you have without running the appropriate tests.

If you notice side effects like blepharospasm, then that would be a good indicator that it is etizolam (though this is still not 100% conclusive, of course).
Old 15-04-2012, 14:07
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Slayerkorn is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1 Points: 102, Level: 1

No blepharospasms or anything like that, but I did notice the anti-anxiety effects while I was at work along with slight loss of motor control that I had to over-correct for with willpower. How would I test and see if the pills I have are real?
Old 18-04-2012, 01:55
Gold Member

Male from Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsmith View Post
this time I felt etizolam was less risky than perhaps going for the diazepam.
Not sure if I'm taking this out of context but-

Valium is definitely the less risky of the two. It is much more predictable and doesn't have a euphoric high that etizolam can produce. Etizolam is not the best choice therapeutically due to its borderline recreational effects. Valium would be better. Furthermore, etizolam dependency and tolerance develops much quicker than valium in my fieldmouse's experience.

Regarding etilaam-
this is what fieldmouse has been using. He finds them to be very good in general. The fieldmouse has now acquired 250mg of etizolam powder which is of even better quality. He will however use it sparingly, at 1-2 days a week maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerkorn View Post
No blepharospasms or anything like that, but I did notice the anti-anxiety effects while I was at work along with slight loss of motor control that I had to over-correct for with willpower. How would I test and see if the pills I have are real?
if they came as etilaam in blisters fieldmouse is 99.9% sure they're legit.. haven't been any fake etilaam going around.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:25
Silver Member

Male from Poland

Is there a risk of seizure if someone had been using etizolam for 1 month everyday and then suddenly stopped?
Old 19-04-2012, 13:05
Gold Member

Male from Ireland

For a young normal healthy male no. On an individual rare case basis yes dependant on dose sizing it's a possibility. Go to a doctor and initiate a valium taper as it's shitty to have withdrawal cold turkey regardless. That this person is asking whether or not there's a risk of seizure makes it fairly likely that there's going to be a serious anxiety/panic attack about getting a seizure... my fieldmouse has been there- major anxiety attack is not nice.

Share this on:

Tags
5-htp, alcohol, alcohol abuse, amitryptyline, benzo, benzodiazepine, benzodiazepine withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, clonazepam, codeine, diazepam, diphenhydramine, downers, downers addiction, etizolam, etizolam addiction, etizolam experiences, etizolam withdrawal, gaba receptor, gbl, gbl abuse, insomnia, kava kava, l-theanine, mirtazapine, opiate, oxazepam, oxycodone, phenergan, phenibut, pill, quetiapine, thienodiazepine, valerian root