Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Deliriant antihistamines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Deliriant antihistamines Diphenhydramine, cyclizine and other antihistamines.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United States
Probing Tranquility is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: The Dangers of Deliriant Psychedelics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJaw View Post
Note from SWIM's friend

Always remember the Magic comes Alive at night!! in a dark room! SWIM has done it in the day and seen nothing. So the Dark brings the Magic out!
definately, swim saw huge creatures crawling on his ceiling, a horde of midgets that had faces like baraka from mortal kombat, and when mixed with dxm swim was laying in bed staring at his wall where a portal opened up and squirlls and deer were jumping out of it, they looked like they were soap bubbles. sorry about spelling or grammer swim is sorta nodding out.
Old 27-10-2008, 16:12

25 y/o Male from United States
ZombieCarWash is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

drammamine and benedryl, diphenhydramine and diphenhydrinate i think, idk im probably spelling it wrong, anyway, yeah there pretty strange. I had a really bad experince the one time i had a strong trip on them, i highly reccomend that people dont abuse this drug. Being deleriant is really incredibly crazy, its really unlike tripping on anything else, the visualy and auditory hallucinations were much stronger than when i took about 6 tabs of acid over a period of 6 hours. Where as things on acid are distorted and look like there moving, hallucinations on drammamine/benedryl (there both pretty much an identical drug so im just going to say drammamine from now on) are actually there. A drammamine trip usually is very dysphoric, and basicly you feel like shit the whole time, though this is something i can tolerate to experience such crazy real hallucinations. Also it makes your body feel like it weighs a million fucking pounds, which is very strange, that has to do with the depletion of a certain neurotransmitter needed to tell your body to move. Overall drammamine is definitely not a fun type of trip, but it sure is mindfucking.

Now the bad part. Drammamine might seem like a pretty harmless drug, and thats what i thaught before i had a seizure in school from it. I took a small dose, i dont remember the dramamine dose ranges and such, but it was like what i can describe as a first plataue of drammamine, kind of like an entry level dose, deffinitely tripping, but not too fucked up at all. well apparently, as ive heard from plenttttty of people and read of in erowid logs a lot, drammamine is the type of thing that seems to have a mind of its own. I know about 3 people who have done drammamine, and each of them ended up freaking out because the bottle all the pills were in is gone halfway through the trip. Drammamine has a strange power over people, making them redose when there already tripping to hard. I really cant explain it, i swear i never ever wanted to take more, i was fine where i was, and it was my first real drammamine trip, i was going to take it steady with a weak introductory trip, and then maybe do more a week later or so. well i was slightly tripping before school started, i was excited to go to school tripping, feeling like i had myself under control, and considering i had never been to school stoned or anything. Well im sitting on my couch waiting for the bus to come, i was having slight weird auditory hallucinations, and i was seeing the infamous "drammamine jelly on the walls" and i notice that the clock keeps flickering, and going from 7:15 to 7:20 then ten minutes later suddenly skips another 5 minutes or so, i didnt think much of it other than that it was a pretty cool small hallucination.
I get to school and everything starts to get really intense, i get up to leave my first period class after we are dismissed and i could bearly move. It felt exactly like having hugeeee cinderblock weights attatched to my feet. My short term memmory was completely fried, and my friends were laughing as i tried to attempt sentances. overall the drammamine didnt feel positive, it had a really uneasy feeling inside of me, but i was having fun.
In the halway going to my next class i go to walk down the stairs which were moving quite a bit at the time, i almost trip and then i regain my balance in the crowd of students going to there classes.

after that i remember nothing but waking up in a stretcher outside of my school screaming my lungs out. it was a pretty disturbing experience, i started to fight the paramedics apparently, they restrained me, and i started screaming because i couldnt move my legs, it was really scary.
i calmed down in the ambulance, in and out of conciousness untill i started coming down a little bit 4 hours later, bearly able to walk, with an iv and all, feeling like a fucking moron in the hospital.

Apparently i had a seizure at school, in front of a lot of people, it was really fucked up. luckily im out of school now though, and i dont have to deal with fucking assholes.

When i got home from the hospital i looked in the bottle that had contained all of the drammamine, it had originally contained at least 70 pills, now it was down to about 30.
after looking into the bottle i had a sudden flash back. just for a split second i remember swallowing a handful for no reason, multiple times.
considering theres about 32 pills i dont remember taking that are completely gone, what ive peiced togather is that when i was seeing the clock skipping minutes, i wasnt just sitting on the couch, i was slipping out of conciousness, and zombie walking downstairs, taking more wihtout any mind at all, walking back upstairs sitting down and then slipping back into reality. I had absoloutly no intention of taking more, i wasnt trying to get more fucked up by just swallowing a shitload of pills, i would never do something like that, im not that kind of person. I had studied drammamine for weeks before attempting this small trip. I had read that people accidently end up taking more without thinking, but i couldnt imagine that happening to me, because im very cautious abotu that kind of thing, and i always have control over myself during trips, i just couldnt imagine that happening.

Being delerious isnt fun, it is really really interesting the things you see an hear, though the drammamine feels awful throughout the whole trip. As crazy as drammamine may seem, its just too risky.

A month later my friend tried it not knowing that thats what caused my seizure. she ended up calling me freaking out because a lot of pills were missing, i told her not to do drammamine again, and that if she goes to sleep she'll probably be ok, and she was. I cant stress though, how incredibly strange it all was, you probably think you wont end up taking way too much without knowing but you will, i had hidden the pills from myself and everything, somehow i got to them very quickly not even in my own mind.

ive never ever had a seizure in my life other than from that, and while im guessing its a relatively rare effect considering i hadnt ever heard of it in an erowid log, its still possible, and quite a risk. luckily i had no problems after my siezure, and left healthy and with a lesson completely learned about the power of drugs.

I dont regret my experience, but it was incredibly stupid, please dont do drammamine, its really not worth it

sorry this reply was so scattered i was working on a bunch of other things and kept coming back to it

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good story, and cool name. Just don't self-incriminate!
Very interesting story.
Old 27-10-2008, 17:26
Banned

Male
Panthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline MedlinePanthers007 must mainline Medline
Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7 Points: 2,850, Level: 7

Ahem!
================================================== =======

You need to go and read the rules you agreed to when you joined these forums. Especially the rules regarding self-incrimination - as you are in violation of this rule. As a newbie, you can't yet edit your posts, so a moderator has been notified to assist you. The rules are here:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/ann....php?f=184&a=1
Old 19-11-2008, 20:48

23 y/o Female
Masami is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

I can see where many of you are coming from saying deliriants such as these are "true hallucinogens." However this is, at the very least, not always the case. I've seem some extremely far-fetched shit on such drugs, and I knew better than to believe they were real. Now, it would be harder to differenciate between reality and what your mind is perceiving when you're seeing realistic things like people, insects, etc. But when you start to see bizzare, colorfull patters (as I often have when in a dark room on dram) you simply know better. I've had trips where I was rather lost, and I've also had trips where I knew the exact nature of what I was seeing, for the entire duration of the trip. I think that when it comes down to it, you'll only believe what you're seeing is real if you allow yourself to.
Old 30-11-2008, 17:07
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from USA - New York
helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.helikophis really knows their shit.
Points: 1,992, Level: 6 Points: 1,992, Level: 6 Points: 1,992, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by polloloco001 View Post
the next thing i know my parents are asking me whats wrong with me because i was talkign to myself quite loudly and went into their room at like 2 in the morning babbling about how life is like a nightmare. i tried to play it off like i was talking to a friend, but my friends werent there. my dad sat me down and talked to me for a couple hours and i kind of came down after a while and convinced him i had smoked a cigarette that i bummed and it had probably been laced with pcp. he bought it and i got off scott free
I have a feeling this is one of the ways drug myths come about. Somebody lies to get out of trouble, somebody else believes them and tells other people.
Old 31-03-2009, 01:49

Male
Dragonus18 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

SWIM remembers once, after passing out after taking 600+mg of diphen, he woke up, and he thought his parents were talking to him or something, then he realized no one was there, so he went downstairs, where his parents actually were, and again, he hallucinated them talking, he didn't remember what they said, and asked his mother what she had just told him, only to be told she said nothing to him, SWIM quickly realized what was going on, and went back up to his room to sleep, things such as this can have very bad effects if one is not careful
Old 31-03-2009, 03:40
Titanium Member

Female from United States
sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

A large dose of dramamine, and it's chemical cousins, can cause delirium and hallucinations similar to those caused by Jimson Weed and Belladonna which contain tropine alkaloids such as atropine and scopolamine.

Also Datura.

The hallucinations are so utterly vivid and real to the person that they will not be able to distinguish reality from what they believe is happening.

This is why SWIM does not enjoy these items. Anyone else notice the things you see are scary and nightmarish like bugs, blood, broken glass ect. It's like your brain is telling you this shit is EVIL.
Old 24-04-2009, 10:34
Banned

26 y/o Male
its just a ride needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandoz1943 View Post
A large dose of dramamine, and it's chemical cousins, can cause delirium and hallucinations similar to those caused by Jimson Weed and Belladonna which contain tropine alkaloids such as atropine and scopolamine.

Also Datura.

The hallucinations are so utterly vivid and real to the person that they will not be able to distinguish reality from what they believe is happening.

This is why SWIM does not enjoy these items. Anyone else notice the things you see are scary and nightmarish like bugs, blood, broken glass ect. It's like your brain is telling you this shit is EVIL.

it will make you delerious but swim has to say mabey its not your brain showing you the stuff is evil mabey its your brain just picking up on your anixetys and unconcious fears like someone could easily see somthing nightmarish on an acid trip or any other trip but the nature of this stuff as you have said is very real i know when i was on it the hallucenations seemed quite real not cartoonish and mabey that is why things seem more scary than on other trips to swim it seems very much like a dream like mabey the nature of this trip is more related to dreams and the mind that way like how dxm kind of makes you confront death and such through almost "feeling" it like your actually expirencing it mabey this stuff makes your brain function in the way a person dreaming heavily does where all your thoughts are more abstract and everything just "does" make sense for no reason mabey its showing that cognition and reason and rationalizing can go out the door swim can say that he sees very little spiritual vale in it but can say it helped him get inside his head a little better makes you understand why mabey someone with say shizophrenia acts the way they do a little bit just a nother part of what swim calls "the wilderness of the mind" but i do agree very bad to take alot bad for you too go with dxm in swims opinion if swiy want to "trip"

but a very good point sandoz
Old 13-05-2009, 18:31

29 y/o Male from Brazil
tripfromthetropics is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

Swim has a bad habit on antihistamines, he take it almost everyday for 3 years but only with low doses like 100 to 200 mg of dramamine or 50mg of promethazine, he curiously have some nice feelings when on it, he knows that extremely high doses(dangerous!) of it can make you feel discomfort and hallucinate.
Old 26-10-2009, 23:48

23 y/o Male
niggaprecious is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandbulbous View Post
Personally I wouldn't class anticholinergic deleriants as psychedelics. Pyschedelic means mind manefesting, and these type of drugs don't teach you anything (other than to stay away from anticholinergics(
AMEN.
Deliriants are not psychedelics, they are a sub-category of hallucinogens
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14

25 y/o Female
LysergicButterfly is a decent psychonaut.LysergicButterfly is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 168, Level: 2 Points: 168, Level: 2 Points: 168, Level: 2

Here is just my two pence,

You all say that there is nothing to learn from deleriants, however, we must remember that people have been using deleriants for spiritual purposes for hundreds of years e.g. Witches using Bella Donna. Just because something isn't pleasant doesn't mean that there is nothing to learn from it.
I think there is merit in these drugs and think that the reason they have bad rep is that, they are very easy to get hold of and a dumb kid thinks they'll have a "cool trip" and take it without a second thought.

People who truly want to experience the zenith of the altered state, research their chemical and do all the right things are never heard of because it doesn't make as good a story as teenagers taking these drugs thinking they were safe and then going crazy.

SWIM would like to go to zenith of the altered state on a deleriant drug, however she would research for a very long time, go up in small doses incredibly slowly...months at a time slowly and have a trusted sitter at all times, even in the smaller doses.
Other swimmers may see this as reckless and stupid but it's a place SWIM would honestly like to go to, not for a very long time and not until she has more experience under her belt. SWIM is not naturally a reckless person with drugs either which is why she can honestly trust her judgement.

SWIM wants to see where the mind can truly take you, even if it is only once and will probably only be once. There are responsible ways to experience these drugs and SWIM has questioned her reason for wanting to do them many times and will continue to do so.

The rules for deleriants are the same as all drugs,
1. Research your drug
2. Weigh your dose correctly
3. Start very small
4. Have a sober sitter with you
5. Make sure you are in the right mind state before continuing with the experience.

As SWIM has said on here before there is nothing wrong or unhealthy about wanting to experience darker states just do it as safely as possible. There are risks in all drugs.

Fantastic post about responsible use. Thanks.
Well said. Any mind-altering drug can lead to epiphany.
Good , responsible info.
Very smart. If more people would take this approach to expanding their minds then we wouldn't have so many problems with the drugs that are out there.
Old 04-11-2009, 18:09

26 y/o Male from United States
Probing Tranquility is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2

Is there any evidence that these deliriants can cause long term damage? Swims intro to Psych class was talking about how kids are taking dramamine and other related drugs to trip and any info on long term effects would be great. Swim still has the urge to puke remembering how dramamine taste when you try to wash them down with mountain dew, omg its the worst taste ever...
Old 27-11-2009, 02:40
Silver Member

29 y/o Female from Canada
Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.Rin_Weh is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3 Points: 456, Level: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatelka View Post
Crash: Please provide references for your statement that long term diphenhydramine use can lead to schizophrenia, unless you can do so, your statement is ill-informed myth making of a dangerous sort
Even if the statement isn't true I don't see how it's a dangerous notion to imply long term use may lead to psychological problems.
It isn't far fetched to ponder the idea.
Many people who've abused it for long enough will tell you they feel something about the way their mind works has changed for the worse, it may not be schizophrenic tendancies that occur but there is definately the mourning of the mind that used to be.
I'm not speaking for everyone obviously but y'know....chemical abuse does change the neuroplasticity of one's brain, as does thought, so it isn't far fetched that it could lead to long term damage.
As a teenager I scoffed at the notion of weed triggering those who may be pre-disposed to schizophrenic tendancies but alas! Science!

No harm is theorizing. Could prevent someone from abusing it. *shrug*

Rin_Weh added 7 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysergicButterfly View Post
Here is just my two pence,

You all say that there is nothing to learn from deleriants, however, we must remember that people have been using deleriants for spiritual purposes for hundreds of years e.g. Witches using Bella Donna. Just because something isn't pleasant doesn't mean that there is nothing to learn from it.
I think there is merit in these drugs and think that the reason they have bad rep is that, they are very easy to get hold of and a dumb kid thinks they'll have a "cool trip" and take it without a second thought.

People who truly want to experience the zenith of the altered state, research their chemical and do all the right things are never heard of because it doesn't make as good a story as teenagers taking these drugs thinking they were safe and then going crazy.

SWIM would like to go to zenith of the altered state on a deleriant drug, however she would research for a very long time, go up in small doses incredibly slowly...months at a time slowly and have a trusted sitter at all times, even in the smaller doses.
Other swimmers may see this as reckless and stupid but it's a place SWIM would honestly like to go to, not for a very long time and not until she has more experience under her belt. SWIM is not naturally a reckless person with drugs either which is why she can honestly trust her judgement.

SWIM wants to see where the mind can truly take you, even if it is only once and will probably only be once. There are responsible ways to experience these drugs and SWIM has questioned her reason for wanting to do them many times and will continue to do so.

The rules for deleriants are the same as all drugs,
1. Research your drug
2. Weigh your dose correctly
3. Start very small
4. Have a sober sitter with you
5. Make sure you are in the right mind state before continuing with the experience.

As SWIM has said on here before there is nothing wrong or unhealthy about wanting to experience darker states just do it as safely as possible. There are risks in all drugs.
Mhm, but even a shaman will not use his or her ally plant on a regular basis. How many of us use our drug for the intent of healing another's ill fortune? How many of us use our drugs to heal the sick or recover their animal spirit?
I don't know, so I won't say this is the way it is but I sense a difference in harvesting,preparing with care and ritualy smoking a plant ally for the good of someone else -vs- cracking open a bottle and popping a few pills to see if God will tell me something he couldn't otherwise get across unless I was heavily chemically induced.
I know plants/pills, both drugs, I'm a hypocrite, I know but whether someone's getting high for fun, spirituality or depression- it all impacts the spirit somehow and I think one reason is just as relevant as the next guy's reason.

I'm all over the place here. I am unable to organize my thoughts.

Last edited by Rin_Weh; 27-11-2009 at 02:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 27-11-2009, 03:49

Male
chrisjames13 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1

SWIM took 12-18 of the 50mg of these diphenhydramine or benadryl on 4 occasions and had insane trips all 4 times that scared the shit out of SWIM.

(12pills-50mg) The first time SWIM's ears popped and everything sounded peculiar or like SWIM was in a fish bowl he states. Then SWIM put on one shoe and one flip flop and went for a walk that was a difficult journey, forgot why he went for a walk when he did and then went back. SWIM dumped out half a bottle of mountain dew without knowing it right in front of his own eyes. SWIM brushed his teeth with shampoo. SWIM saw smoke coming off of toilet paper and the walls melting. SWIM felt like SWIM was going to die.

(15pills-50mg) The second time SWIM says he saw some lockers turn into bubbles and his pillow dissapeared and then would reapear out of nowhere or huge bursts of bubbles. SWIM saw a homeboys face turn into an evil mask that changed into all different sorts of distortions and sinister looking faces.

(15pills-50mg) The third time SWIM could not understand any conversations and was talking completely giberish everything that SWIM picked up or set down seemed to always be falling out of SWIMs hands he reports but however upon re-examiniation the item is still there and this continued to happen. SWIM could not organize anything and would completely forgot what things were for. SWIM saw the lockers begin to dance in unison and smoke coming off of everything. Walking is always a task on this crap - hallways go on for ages. SWIM had trouble urinating and this sucked majorly. Terrible feeling. SWIM is beginning to really dislike this drug and finds himself having death trips on it. Extreme paranoia and seeing people that aren't there.

(18pills-50mg) The fourth time SWIM reports carrying on a complete convesation with 5 of his homeboys who weren't even there. It was as if they completely vanished in the middle of a hilarious exchange between the 6 of us. SWIM could not believe this was happening and freaked out. SWIM reports these being the most real hallucinations; even more real than those on 2c-e, mescaline, and Shrooms. SWIM blacked out several times and had to be told all the crazy shit SWIM did. SWIM trashed his stuff and almost got into a fight without even knowing it. SWIM was having auditory hallucinations hearing voices in his head telling him the most bizarre shit. None of it made sense. SWIM tried to read a book because SWIM thought SWIM was going crazy and never going to be normal again. The words would fly off the page and melt away. Later that night SWIM had chest pain, shallow breathing, nausea and leg cramps so severe this time that SWIM is not touching this shit ever again. It was too real. SWIM is not ever doing this shit again.

Last edited by chrisjames13; 27-11-2009 at 04:03. Reason: left out drug description
Old 08-03-2010, 01:53

69 y/o Male
CNSActive is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Re: the dangers of deliriant psychedelics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideoheadache View Post
I would be interested to know if dramamine, or any other deleriant psychedelics are useful in mixing with other drugs.
I posted a short note in another thread earlier about the urinary retention side effect of these OTC antihistamines. These are all very powerful anticholinergic drugs that all share this. I was taking fairly large amounts (2 tablets) at bedtime for sleep & after some months wound up having to go to the ER to get cathetrized because I could not urinate. No fun at all.
Old 12-03-2010, 22:47

24 y/o Male from United States
themidnighttoker is a decent psychonaut.themidnighttoker is a decent psychonaut.
Re: the dangers of deliriant psychedelics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNSActive View Post
I posted a short note in another thread earlier about the urinary retention side effect of these OTC antihistamines. These are all very powerful anticholinergic drugs that all share this. I was taking fairly large amounts (2 tablets) at bedtime for sleep & after some months wound up having to go to the ER to get cathetrized because I could not urinate. No fun at all.
SWIM has read about this kind of thing happening before, and no, it does not sound fun at all. SWIM sympathizes to the unfortunates who experience this, as I know SWIM would be very uncomfortable.

This is the report SWIM read from Erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=31586
Old 16-06-2010, 23:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
MrMunchies is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2 Points: 173, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

On dramamine, i thought my friend next to me was my girlfriend ,i ended up almost making out with him several times, but when I looked at his face and realized it was him i would freak out and start screaming because I thought my girlfreind was now dead and he had taken over her body....sadly, I still do dramamine.

Re-read the rules, especially the one on self incrimination.
Old 17-06-2010, 16:28
Banned

Male
Johnnynapples is an unknown quantity at this point

Far from any psychedelics swiy has every tried.

Let me tell you about daisy the ducks stories on diphenhydramine.

One day daisy the duck decided to take a bunch of unisom " diphenhydramine 50mgs gel caps" to trip. Daisy the duck decided its best to take 500 to begin with then dose up as time progresses. Daisy the duck begin to watch a movie, a little later found out it would be hard to focus. Daisy the duck decided to take more because the effects were not so harsh but forgot the time needed to kick in. Daisy the duck then took another 150 mgs of diphenhydramine. Daisy the duck then begin to slip out of reality. Daisy the duck thought that the crock pot heated the world and that it needed to be on to keep everyone safe. Daisy the duck plugged it in and slept with a crock pot. Daisy also tried lighting cigarettes that were pencils, daisy then blacked out having many out of body happenings.

Daisy finally woke up in the morning and was confused about the crock pot, and had also noticed pop cans taped to the wall " which daisy will never know why" and a "WHOLE" empty bottle that once contained 25 diphenhydramine gel caps lying next to her.

So by daisy the ducks story I could say that the dangers of deliriants like diphenhydramine would be something like this....

1. You could have an od but thats the least of your worries.
2. You could go into a self destructing trip.
3. wake up with missing body parts " dont say that cant happen because ask anyone who has really tripped on this stuff anythings possible.
4. ectt, oh and users are at a elevated risk of dementia.

Kick back and swim should, just roll up a fat one.

cheers
Old 22-07-2010, 03:00

25 y/o Male from United States
qcksilver89 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

my first serious trip landed me in a mental health facility for a week... there were a bunch of guys breaking into my parents car. i'm going to read through these responses, but seriously, don't be stupid- i have a record for mental health issues now- so when doctors see that- i can't get meds i NEED to function.
Old 13-10-2011, 21:12

Male from United States
sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.

In high school my pet honey badger had a weird drug habit. She was broke and couldn't afford nice drugs, so she spent a lot of time shoplifting OTC medications such as couch syrup (which she extracted the dxm out of), coricidin pills (which are extremely dangerous), and dramamine and diphenhydramine (which are very familiar in their effects and practically the same thing). She usually ate several spoonfuls of coffee grounds to counteract the drowsiness whenever she took dramamine or diphenhydramine. She frequently mixed these substances with each other and also with marijuana and alcohol.

One of the hardest trips she's ever had was on 16 coricidin and 24 benadryl, a couple of bowls of good MJ, and a couple of shots of whiskey. For some reason, she thought it wasn't going to affect her and she tried to go to sleep. She thought she was almost asleep, then she started hear things - really bizarre audio hallucinations. It was like arguments between ridiculous people in her head. Lots of it was gibberish but it was hilarious. When she opened her eyes, the black light shining out from her closet looked incredible on her walls. She started to see letters develop and scroll across her wall. Some of the letters were in the normal english alphabet, others were russian looking, and still others were like heiroglyphics. If she stared at the letters too long they would dissipate like oil moving in water, and move to the outside of her periphery - which was frustrating because she could not read much of the text.

She developed a fierce tolerance to diphenhydramine, and this might sound hard to believe but she once ate 2 boxes (48 pills equalling 1200 milligrams, and felt absolutely nothing, not even tired). One time when I mixed alcohol, dxm, and dramamine, I saw spiders and scorpions crawling out of the wall. They were like ghosts though, because i could almost see completely through them. They crawled out of so many different corners of my room, from under the trashcan, out of the corners of the ceiling, they burrowed through the carpet, they came from my bed, out of my backpack, through the windows - EVERYWHERE. They were crawling towards me and when they got to me they crawled all over me, and they usually disappeared after awhile. This sure sounds terrifying, but for some reason, I kind of enjoyed this at the time, probably because I was absolutely insane as a teenager, perhaps masochistic, and also it was one of the first times I saw things that weren't actually there in reality. So I enjoyed it even though it was scary.

These hallucinations are impossible to control and they are such that half the time you don't realize they are not real even though they are bizarre. One time I was lying in bed, thinking that it wasn't affecting me at all, and tons of spiders started falling from the ceiling with white parachutes. The AC was on , and it was blowing them at a strange angle. I was kind of grossed out, and pulled the covers up over me, but I didn't question its reality, I just thought "god, this annoying." It took me awhile to realize that this was not real.

Another example is talking to people who aren't there. I've had probably hour long conversations with people I haven't even seen in years. It'd be like for 5 minutes I'd think they were there, and then I'd look up and they'd be gone, and I'd think to myself wait - where am I, what am I doing again? "Oh yeaaaaa, I'm tripping right now" - then I'd realize that I couldn't have been talking to them, but then I'd soon forget again in my stupor and the person or people would reappear and the conversations would resume. I was once at a ski resort on a lot of this stuff with my friend. My friend hadn't sat next to me, he didn't really know what diphenhydramine was or how it affected people, he just knew he couldn't take it because he had an antihistamine allergy. He said that I was talking to him as if he was right next to me - he watched me have an imaginary conversation with him for minutes as people looked at me strangely. He occasionally got my attention so that I could see that he wasn't sitting right next to me, but several seats away, and that I was wierding out the people around me.

On multiple occasions I thought my mom had come into my room and asked, "...are you okay" and t hen my answer would always be like yea mom i'm fine, then she'd ask "Are you high, you look like you're on something, i'm worried about you." I had this imaginary conversation COUNTLESS times, and the irony is that sometimes my mom would hear me saying "no mom! I promise I'm not high!!" when SHE WASN"T TALKING TO ME and then this would cause her to come in and talk to me and then inevitably ask me if I was high. She would bring this up the next day, about how I was talking to imaginary people in my room.

THis was really terrifying, but perhaps the most terrifying was when I saw my neighbor walking around my yard really fast with a handgun and a random doberman was following him...I tried to talk to him but he dismissed me and practically ran off, I saw him later again that night and he told me that the cops were coming and that I should get back inside unless I wanted trouble and looked at me like he knew everything I had been doing. I've also had visions of that exact same doberman walking around my house, and occasionally growling at things, but then getting really happy and scratching itself.

I've also seen doors suddenly open or shut close, which is pretty disturbing. Things rolling across my desk, like pencils, and I put my hand out to try to prevent them from falling and they either disappear or go straight through it.

I mostly stopped doing these drugs when I found out that my little sister knew what I was doing and had started abusing the OTC meds the exact same way...it just scared me and I felt like a terrible influence. If I had had access to other hallucinogens like LSD or mushrooms I definitely would have done that instead. I can't imagine what these drugs do to your brain, but I imagine it can't be good. I actually have no idea about the pharmacology/ mechanism of action of diphenhydramine specifically and would love to know more. I definitely would not recommend this drug to anybody. For one it fucked up my sleep habits really badly for a long time. Secondly, there's nothing deep or rewarding about this drug, its just simply disorienting and frankly a little bit scary. No euphoria either. None.

sveedish added 9 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Oh also, I think I developed an allergic reaction from doing it so much. I've talked to my sister and she now has developed the same reaction from diphenhydramine. Whenever I take it, it becomes really difficult to breathe, I feel like I have restless leg syndrome...i feel panicky. Its been many years since I've tried to get "high" on it, but the last few times I took more than the recommended dosage to help me get to sleep, like say maybe between 100 milligrams and 200 milligrams, I broke out in itching and burning hives on my stomach. The first time it happened I couldn't believe it, because I've taken it so many times with impunity, and also because antihistamines typically are given FOR allergic reactions to block the histamine which causes the smooth muscles in the throat to constrict. SO i attributed the reaction to something else, but I took diphenhydramine a few times afterwards and had the same reaction, so obviously I haven't taken it since.

Last edited by sveedish; 13-10-2011 at 21:12. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01
Banned

22 y/o Male from United States
JohnnyKnox is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by polloloco001 View Post
so i was once on diphenydramine (benadryl) and i was really trippin
out. and im sitting in my parents house on the computer and i swear i
see some people walking past the window outside. and i thought i heard
one of them say "theres somebody in there be quiet". so i wait a minute
and try to decide if its really happening. i decide it might be so i go
out to check it out. i walk out the side of door of my parents house
and look in the backyard. its dark out but i am kind of looking back
there trying to light up a cigarette and i hear somebody say "im
tihnking of jsut kicking his ass right now, what could he do? theres
like 4 of us." i flip out and go inside and start having a terrible
trip. i go upstairs and totally lose myself in my mnd. the next thing i
know my parents are asking me whats wrong with me because i was talkign
to myself quite loudly and went into their room at like 2 in the
morning babbling about how life is like a nightmare. i tried to play it
off like i was talking to a friend, but my friends werent there. my dad
sat me down and talked to me for a couple hours and i kind of came down
after a while and convinced him i had smoked a cigarette that i bummed
and it had probably been laced with pcp. he bought it and i got off
scott free but i still dont know whether those people were real.
diphenhydramine is a strange one. the hallucinations are too real, and
it should only be taken in a really really safe environment.

A smoke laced with PCP ? hmm that sounds legit.
Only scary thing about this is the delusions, more than hallucinations. I have heard about people taking to many unisoms and end up killing their wife or someone because he thought they were bad people
Actually the hallucinations are like that of a mirage .

Oh and If jim the cat can add his two bits...
keep firearms hidden and locked up and away.
Jim has heard of people who took large doses and they had themselves believing they had to kill theirselves to make a point.

JohnnyKnox added 7 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

Jim the cat has one last bit to put in for those of you who know someone who is interested in this substance. Jim has been on this substance for basically 2 years steady. Jim has been to every level and ran through them all

BUT BUT

Diphenhydramine is used in allergy medications or sleeping aids.
Generally diphenhydramine will dehydrate you so badly that it could mess with your breathing. For example DPH dries up mucus , and somewhere in your airways becomes dried up and your body trys to clear all of that dry mucus.
Usually someone could come down with a serious, deep crackling cough.
Jim has been there and this happens to be the worst.
drink plenty of water!

Last edited by JohnnyKnox; 04-02-2012 at 08:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 31-03-2012, 07:22

21 y/o Male from United States
MeSH should review received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Deliriants, such as Diphenhydramine are definitely something to look into. Make sure you do your research and know what you are getting yourself into. They are not your typical drug, and can have serious consequences. That being said, I have learned much about myself and life through the use of such drugs. They are very interesting to say the least.
Old 31-03-2012, 14:35
Silver Member

DiacetylEntertainment is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Dangers of Deliriants

I know this is an extremely old post, but the man in the corner of my closet thought it to be good to mention to any readers interested in trying diphenhydramine/dimenhydrinate that these delerients are not for recreational purposes, no matter what dose or what enviournment they are taken in.

IN SHORT, BENADRYL OR DRAMAMINE ARE NOT RECREATIONAL DRUGS, THEY ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BECOME A "QUICK FIX" FOR THAT BORING SATURDAY NIGHT WHERE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS HAPPEN TO BE BROKE.

Many people happen to find the psychoactive properties from DXM, an OTC drug that can produce euphoria and be used for recreational purposes, and happen to assume the same of diphenhydraming/dimenhydrinate. DXM and diphenhydraming/dimenhydrinate are two completley different classes of drugs.

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS AND HEED THE MAN IN MY CLOSESTS WARNING TO ALL YOU PSYCHONAUTS OUT THERE AND STILL WISH TO TRY IT, GO AHEAD. IT IS QUITE AN EXPERIENCE AS WELL AS ANOTHER NOTCH ON YOUR PSYCHOACTIVE BELT. USE IN A CONTROLLED SETTING WHERE YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO FOR THE NEXT DAY. FOR ALL OF YOU KIDDIES OUT THERE WHO ARE STILL AT HOME WITH MOM AND DAD, WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE GONE FOR A WEEKEND, YOU ARE AT A FRIENDS HOUSE FOR THE NIGHT, OR YOU MOVE OUT AND GROW UP.

ALSO, NEVER USE >600mg (a whole box of benadryl). THIS IS COMMING FROM EXPERIENCE.

FINALLY, LAST BUT NOT LEAST, REMEMBER THAT <1% OF PEOPLE WHO TRY THIS, EXPECIALLY AT ~600mg, COME OUT OF THE EXPERIENCE SAYING THEY ENJOYED IT. IT IS OFTEN DYSPHORIC AND GENERALLY UNCOMFORTABLE.

Please do be safe all of you, thank you for reading.
From one psychonaut to another.

Well-meant but potentially harmful advice on maximum dose. Anticholinergic toxicity has been reported with doses as low as 400mg.

Last edited by DiacetylEntertainment; 31-03-2012 at 14:39. Reason: Couple typos
Old 17-05-2013, 05:59

FlapJackrage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: The Dangers of Deliriants

I was wondering if anybody knew if drinking coffee while taking this could be lethal or cause harm. I'm not sure if taking an upper and a downer could be lethal or not.

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamines, cyclizine, cyclizine side effects, deleriant, deliriant, deliriants, dimenhydrinate, dimenhydrinate and body load, dimenhydrinate side effects, diphenhydramine, diphenhydramine side effects, drug, effects of deliriants, psychedelic, psychedelics