Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids Cannabinoids & smoking blends.

Old 17-03-2012, 18:20

Male from United States
TequilaSunrise99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Am-2201 addiction...Seeking advice

Hello. I'm a new member here at DF and have come here to help address my pet's addiction to AM-2201. He has experienced significant physical and psychological effects from daily abuse of this compound.

My pet's use of AM-2201 began in June of 2011 - tolerance built quickly and my pet was dosing every 20-30 minutes all day, 18-20 hours a day. My pet was going through 10g in about 3 weeks time - not the worst addiction ever based on these forums, but not an insignificant sum either. Much of the issue stemmed from the need to self-medicate due to inherent mental health issues (major depression, anxiety) that my pet has had all his life. My pet had previously abused JWH-018 in powder form in the past before the DEA ban and quickly fell into a trap with the AM-2201 due to it's extreme potency and extremely short duration.

Very soon after starting use of AM-2201, my pet experienced significant changes in his gastrointestinal function. He became unable to hold down any solid food and was stuck eating only Carnation instant breakfast - with such a poor diet, my pet lost 1/3 of his body weight and has lost all hunger sensation in his brain - he knows he must eat, but he has no appetite, despite the fact he's essentially starving to death. Attempts to eat normally yield disaster - vomiting for hours on end.Other effects were similar to others - cloudy thinking, muscle coordination issues, ect.

I cut my pet off of this sadistic compound last Saturday after a brief relapse due to some personal issues. Here we are a week later and my pet still cannot eat solid food and is experiencing the same issues as before. It was my hope he would find some relief after cessation, but this does not seem to be the case. My pet is nearly at the point of being hospitalized due to the weight loss as his body his beginning to eat itself alive in starvation mode. My pet tells me his kidneys and liver hurt badly.

Has anyone else's pet experienced a similar issue? If so, how long did it take for gasto activity to resume to something near normal? Also, how do I tell the vet about this - I'm afraid my pet is going to end up in the pound for years and years and will prompt the state board of health to open an investigation given the rarity of this compound. My pet has been to the vet dozens of times for these symptoms, but as of yet the truth remains under wraps about the true cause of the problem not knowing how to approach it without risking incarceration of my pet.

Thank you all for your insight into this issue.
Old 20-03-2012, 12:26
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
travilanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My friend had something similar. His regular eating routine has just recently returned to completely normal after being clean for 6 months. But I think what you're experiencing might be about the same as what he experienced and it went something like this......

A couple days after cessation, appetite returned for a brief time and food finally tasted and felt good again. Then after about 3 days or so, he found that his appetite returned to what it had been a few days earlier. He was hungry, and had some desire to eat, but almost anything he ate would give him devastating heartburn. Heartburn that was impossible to live through. This went on for a little over 2 weeks, and then on the 3rd week of sobriety (I think) his heartburn went away and he was more capable of holding food down again.

It took him 6 months to gain back the weight that he lost during his starvation period. It still hasn't all returned. He still needs to gain about 5-10 pounds. (Small guy. Normal size and weight is 5"5 and 130 pounds. While abusing am-2201 he got down to 103 pounds.)

He was able to get himself through it with these 3 things...1.) Mashed potatoes, and lots of them. They didn't cause heartburn, and are not hard on the stomach at all. They caused him very little nausea. 2.) Deli meat. He kept cold deli cut, ham and turkey in his fridge for several weeks. It was cold, so it was nice, and a bit soothing. And because of the lack of heat, it didn't cause heartburn and he was able to keep it down. 3.) Chamomile tea. He used the strongest chamomile tea he could find to help him curve both his anxiety, and the terrible pain in his chest/stomach. It may seem like something that would be a bit too subtle, but if you find the strongest chamomile tea you can, I am certain that it will help. It will also help with sleep as well. It's alot stronger than you would think it is.

My guess is that you'll be able to eat more normal again in a couple more weeks. But for the time being I strongly recommend getting some potatoes, deli meat, and chamomile tea. Also get some dandelion tea for you liver.

Stay strong and don't relapse. You need to be clean of this stuff. Even if it wasn't killing you, I can assure that it won't be there forever. And the longer you are addicted then the worse the withdrawals could be.
Old 28-03-2012, 18:47

Male from United States

A followup here for all who are interested:

After significant research, I've come across an explanation for my pet's issues. As I understand it, his symptoms correlate nearly exactly with a disorder called gastroparesis, or delayed emptying of the stomach - this disorder is caused by several issues, one being damage to the vagus nerve that controls the stomach by "narcotics". Other causes are surgical mistakes (never had surgery) and diabetes. He definitely doesn't have diabetes per the doctor, so I'm left believing this might have something to do w/ the former cause given his history with AM-2201. I have a feeling the doctor is withholding the diagnosis from him fearing exacerbation of his depression since he's prescribed all the tests and meds (amitryptyline, lorazepam, domperidone) pertaining to this issue already, but hasn't actually told him he has the disorder. The doctor HAS admitted delayed digestion...can't figure out why this diagnosis was not rendered directly.

As it turns out some of the solutions he found for caloric intake are the recommended solutions for this disorder (liquid meal replacements, namely instant breakfast). Food's high in fat and fiber make the problem worse. There is no cure for this disorder and those with the disease have to eat bizarre diets consisting of specific pureed vegetables, saltine crackers, and other crazy crap. Animal fats and most fiber is restricted. This one is a life-long management disease...not good.

If anyone knows someone with similar issues with weight loss and appetite related to this drug, I would suggest having them talk to the Dr. about this disorder.

TequilaSunrise99 added 674 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

An additional followup here as well -

I reached out to Roger Pertwee, Professor of Neuropharmacology at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland. Professor Pertwee published an article back in 2001 on the the effects of cannabinoid agonists on gastric motility (the movement of the muscles of the gastric tract). His research included several RCs and their effects on gastric motility. A full text copy of his publication can be found at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...v048p00859.pdf

In my email to Professor Pertwee, I explained my issues and asked whether there is evidence of normalization of these issues after cessation. He explained that while there is evidence of reversal, there is an observable direct relationship between the potency of the agonist and recovery time - he also stated there is a chance some of these effects may be permanent...too little research has been done on the issue to make a definite determination. His research included RCs much less potent than AM-2201 so it can be inferred that this compound carries with it some significant risk.

I believe this information should be a very significant warning to those currently using, or thinking of using this compound.

Please take care.

Last edited by TequilaSunrise99; 28-03-2012 at 18:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-03-2012, 03:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
zedhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I think my cats best friend has been smoking am2201 in ablend called mary joy warning pleass any advice
Old 30-03-2012, 03:41

Male from United States

It would be highly advisable to stop smoking that blend immediately or risk serious, possibly permanent gastrointestinal problems at the very least. AM-2201 is just too potent to mess with...this and the fact that it is highly psychologically addictive and brings with it other issues (depression namely), it would be my suggestion to advise him to get straight as soon as possible.
Old 30-03-2012, 12:06
Gold Member

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.salviablue really knows their shit.
Points: 2,637, Level: 7 Points: 2,637, Level: 7 Points: 2,637, Level: 7

That article referred to by TequilaSunrise69 can now be found here in the DF file archives.
Old 05-04-2012, 21:41

Male from Earth
Getstoned is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

swim again stopped with am 2201 and smoke weed and hash with no problems, first time the withdrawl was a bit heavy but with weed and hash it's ok
Old 23-09-2012, 14:18

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
insense monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Man am I glad to have found this thread!

My mate has exactly the same issues as everyone else and truly believe this is one of the most insidious substances on this planet! He is shocked at his fiendish behaviour over this drug and is the first time he would crave the substance knowing that it was causing major internal neurological damage. The main symptoms he began to experience were 'drunk walk', unable to walk in a straight line and feeling major vertigo. Numbness in the right side of his body, mainly right leg and arm which was very concerning. Completely surpressed appetite, could only manage one meal a day, and that was a struggle. Intense weight loss, approx 25 pounds (he's not a big guy, height 5ft 6, normal weight approx 145 pounds). Major depression & anxiety when not using the drug (he also has a diagnosis of bipolar disorder). A constant feeling of waiting for 'something to happen', this was bizzare!). And finally inability to sleep, was only managing 3/4 hours per night and this was with compulsive redosing every 30 minutes or so!

To add, all that was at the height of his 1 year addiction to this atrocious substance. He was using blends and consumed approx 20g of blend per week, not sure how much am2201 was in the blends though. Anyway the thing that finally woke him up was the realisation the constant redosing would not make him feel good, just feeling 'normal'. I can happily say it's been just over a week for him being clean of this drug now and all the above symptoms have reduced remarkably. The main withdrawal symptoms he experienced was INTENSE shivering, and vertigo, i.e head spinning furiously whenever he would get up & walk. Not to mention the crazy brain foggines he experiened which has completely gone now.

I found a few supplements helped him in recovery immensely. These being high doses of milk thistle to repair the liver, calcium tablets to help rebuild bone strength, zinc tablets and vitamin b complex. Not to mention plenty of fresh fruit and veg, plus mild exercise.

This has been a remarkable journey for him, and he has now made the decision to cease all drug use and has never felt better. So all those struggling take hope in the above that you will recover eventually.

Thanks for reading, if you want any advice or questions just hit me up on here.
Old 24-09-2012, 04:58
Silver Member

^Good for your friend. It feels great after the withdrawal has passed and you don't need it anymore.

The weirdest part of this drug is the sense of waiting for something to happen like you mentioned. It's so bizarre. You are convinced that something big is going to happen and soon, but you don't know what it is at all. You know it's coming, and coming soon. But you can never be certain what or when.

A very strange drug, and my friend is also very glad to be rid of it forever.
Old 25-09-2012, 13:28

Defintely man.

He found the waiting for something to happen such a bizzare experience. I should add he only started experienceing this about 8/9 months into his addiction, before then it was a couple pinches in a pipe and that would make him euphoric and happy for an hour or so, then it seemed that out of nowhere he was smoking to feel normal and that's when the waiting for something to happen started.

I forgot to mention he was also at the time taking 400mg Carbamazepine, and 2/3mg Etizolam, 10g Kratom per day for the duration of his addiction. This most likely would have had some combination effect but can't be certain.

Being clean of this substance is such an amazing feeling, he can actually start thinking again and hold down a decent conversation with someone, something that was near impossible while taking the am-2201! He is extremely thankful to be returning back to his 'old self', something he honestly believed would never happen while on this nasty chemical. He also experienced what I would call 'eye wiggles' where he could not focus on a still object or TV without being dizzy and his eyes darting around like a madman. This disappeared within 5 days or so, gradually getting better each day. Also his cognitive thinking ability was SEVERELY impaired during the final weeks of his addiction.

One thing I hope with time, is that he can smoke marijuana now & again with friends after a few months of being clean, but after browsing these forums he is quite concerned that other people found all the nasty symptoms of the am-2201 returning when smoking weed. Guess he won't know until he tries it! I'll report back on here when he does, and hopefully have some good news.
Old 29-09-2012, 05:22

Male from United States
Greekus_Maximus should review received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

i think it makes you dehydrated and weakens your immune system. i could go on about my experience but it would take to long, but yea drink lots of water and get your electrolytes and take dialy vitamins see if it helps any and good luck to anyone trying to quit. i went from a paraniod low self esteem no future plans fuck up loser into a fucking rockstar that feels like hes the best shit ever i work out 3 times a week im in the best shape ever. im so confidant around females now i feel like a genius. i know why the fuck i walked to the kitchen or anywhere for that matter. thought i had fucked myself for life but honestly i dont have any regrets cause i needed that rock bottom to know it was wrong. good luck people and i honestly think anyone that preaches about spice being anything other than fucking satan in drug form is a piece of shit loser anyway, im done.
Old 01-10-2012, 23:59

Lol my mate was pretty much the same, had to hit rock bottom to realize how fucked up he was before bouncing back. And ditto with the self esteem issues, he's been single for a few years now & within a couple weeks of quitting this shit has managed to find himself a new girlfriend. She will be his new drug from now on, until the expected day she starts pissing him off, but hoping that won't be for a long time. I agree this drug is Satan incarnate in drug form, would like to see warnings from vendors at the absolute minimum, but I don't think that will happen.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52

Male from United States
simplydusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

My friend recently overcame a very, VERY serious addiction to AM-2201. The story starts out the same as most, 1G could last a few weeks, even a month at first, by the end of his addiction, he was smoking up to 30G of AM-2201 a week, by sprinkling the substance on damiana and freebasing it. It was ridiculous how much this kid could smoke. He literally would smoke himself to sleep and would fall asleep with his piece in hand many of the times. I was unable to wake him at times due to his extreme usage and I thought for sure one day I would find him dead when I came over. I felt like he was literally smoking himself into a coma 2-3 times a day. He had the most ridiculous sleep cycle, and would maybe get 1-3 hours of sleep as a result of his usage maybe once or twice a day. My friend experienced many of the same symptoms as previous posters have mentioned. My friend ate MAYBE once every other day, as opposed to eating 5-6 times a day at the beginning of his AM-2201 usage. My friend lost nearly 20lbs in the final month of his addiction and basically had to stop only because of the difficulty in finding an AM-2201 supplier. My friend told me that it took him about 2 months before he finally felt "normal" again and was able to eat 2-3 full meals per day, and regained full cognitive functioning, including actually having a memory. I could tell my friend things and 3 minutes later he was unable to remember what I had told him. My friend was afraid that he had likely done permanent brain damage, but feels now (6 months sober from AM-2201) that he is back to normal. My friend does feel like his memory is still somewhat spotty, but this could be due to other drug usage (MJ). I guess the point of my post is for anyone who is worried about their AM-2201 addiction, and whether things will ever get "back to normal", I'm here to say, they will. Also, after about 3-4 months of cessation from AM-2201 my friend was finally able to start feeling the typical effects of marijuana. My friend was worried that he could never enjoy MJ again, but he is able to at this point. My friend says there are times that he still craves the AM-2201 high, but knows that even smoking a bowl or two (if available) would likely put him back in the same situation. If I can give anyone any advice about this drug, it is to never get involved. My friend even read this message board and would laugh at the people that he thought were "pussies" because they couldn't "handle" the drug. He now knows how stupid he was and how much the drug consumed his life. If anyone is reading this, or concerned about the drug, STAY AWAY. I promise you that NOTHING good will come from AM-2201 usage.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:44
Silver Member

Stay strong brother. I support your friend's sobriety with all my heart and am EXTREMELY happy that things are going better for him.

My friend however did not escape quite so unscathed. Even after a year and a half of sobriety (at least a complete year with no drug intake at all except for Zantac) he still can not get high from plant cannabis like he used to. He is certain he did permanent damage to his receptors. So please people....be careful with these sub stances. You may ruin something forever that you used to love with all your heart. It's not worth it.
Old 08-12-2012, 14:38

Hi just to update.. I've been clean of am-2201 for 3 months now and yesterday had my first good smoke of strong Thai weed,so it seems my receptors have gone back to pre am2201 usage. Got extremely high off a small joint so hang in there people ;-)
Old 08-12-2012, 14:52

Male from Earth
Sgmfrd should review received reputation comments.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydusty View Post
My friend even read this message board and would laugh at the people that he thought were "pussies" because they couldn't "handle" the drug. He now knows how stupid he was and how much the drug consumed his life. If anyone is reading this, or concerned about the drug, STAY AWAY. I promise you that NOTHING good will come from AM-2201 usage.
Its not about handling the drug (well that some extends too since, AM-2201 can kick you to psychedelic hell) but its also about the discipline to use it wisely. SWIM uses about 200mg of AM once every 2-3 month and has not found any long term side-effect. Be it any drug when you are using it 24/7 it is asking for trouble. I know these substances are super addictive but with right mindset its not impossible to use them in regulation. Its hard but not impossible.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 09-12-2012, 22:00

Male from United States
kelendral is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Excellent Thread!

I'm not even going to bother with SWIM/etc since I've stopped. Well, if you can consider the past 36 hours stopped.

I suppose I should start at the beginning. My family has a very well documented history of addictive and substance abusive personalities. I myself had a major problem with alcohol about 20 years ago and only kicked that addiction strangely enough by smoking weed and tripping on LSD a few times (after the trips just didn't want to drink anymore).
5'10" - 220 pounds - April 2011 - m - age 39 - married 10+ years.
At this point I had not smoked MJ in about 12 years. Cigarettes in about 10 years.
So my uncle confiscates some MJ from his son. He gives it to me to dispose of because for some reason it seems to now be my job in the family, disposing of the substances we abuse. I though what the hell, it's only a little weed, smoked it and enjoyed it. Thought nothing of it, didn't go hunting for any since it is illegal and well, do have to worry about the potential odd drug test for work. Then I heard about the legal spice blends and how one could buy them in local head shops. Well, away we go.
I hit my local shop and ask what the guy recommends. At this point the clerk recommends D2E Climaxxx 3 star Power Plant. So I buy a gram, take it home and think what the hell, let's give it a hit, so I loaded up a bowl. Now other than the small amount of MJ I had smoked a few weeks earlier I had not touched any drugs except an occasional drink [very rare as I don't really like it much since I quit abusing it]. I hit that shit and wow, I honestly thought reality had broken down and all of the potential multi-verses were combining and I had to pick out the correct reality from what I was experiencing. At this point I locked myself in the bathroom and convinced my wife I was really sick and to just leave me alone for the rest of the night.
After I finally came down I was floored and awed by how powerful that shit was. It was amazing. Even with the scared paranoia that I might not be able to get reality to coalesce again it was good. I did realize that I had hit way to much.
The next day I decide to get up the nerve to try it again but much more respectfully with a much smaller dose. I never thought 'legal' stuff could be this powerful. I had a great time. I hit it after everyone went to bed and just watched TV played video games and ate snacks. I've never been one for long nights of sleep (average about 4-6hours per night). Thus no one even knew what I was doing.
I made this my evening routine. I'd wait for everyone to go to bed and fall asleep. Go in outside or to a hidden spot in the garage, get high, come back in and veg for the night. I always felt like I was chasing that psychedelic reality break. I really wanted that sensation and feeling of almost being able to choose which reality to live within. I'd hit the edge of it a few times, but never quite as far as that first run. Of course this may also be due to the fact I was trying to prevent going to the point of being completely sick and out of control part of it. Eventually no matter how much I smoked I could never again even get that strong high.
As this was going on I was stockpiling like a fiend. After all the writing was on the wall more bans would eventually come and I wanted to be sure buy a nice supply before things started getting illegal.
This nightly smoking and stockpiling continued through the rest of 2011 without issue.
By January 2012 I had quite a nice stockpile of D2E since I would go and buy 10+ grams each week even though I was only smoking like 1-2g a week with the small once or twice a night hits.
I decided to pick up some other blends as D2E was becoming harder to get and I wanted to save what I had while seeing if anything else could give me the same levels of high. I ended up stockpiling the following: "D2E 3star blends only, MNG Season's Beatings, MNG Jeffrey, Code Black Blue Label". I literally had so much stockpiled I needed an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of how much I had and where it was stored.
All was going decent and I felt I was in total control. Then after some time, I was having a really bad day at work (mind you I work from home). I decided fuck it and fuck them I'm taking a break and relaxing. BIG MISTAKE. I'm not even clear as to when this occurred as it is all in the fog. Once I decided to relinquish the slight bit of restraint I had (I was already starting to get to the point of wishing everyone would go to bed early so I could get high) that was all she wrote. From that point on the usage regularly increased until it was daily near all day, every day. Mixing between the listed blends. However, at this point my family still did not know what was going on.
So, OK, great I started to lose a little weight. Well, needed to explain that so I changed up my diet a bit and claimed I was trying to as minimally as possible adjust and lose weight. Most of the family seems to have believed this at that point so my dropping weight could at least be somewhat explained.
Still at this point I felt I was still in control. Although I had not tried to stop and was starting to experience some of the other issues they didn't seem important. I was losing more and more weight. Eating very little and the only way I could eat anything at all was if I would get high first. Even then food was really just not appealing.
A few more months go by and my usage has increased dramatically. My supplies are dwindling. Stockpiles that I originally estimated based on my original usage would last years were dwindling to nothing in no time. I'm not using to get high anymore. Just to not be sick and get through the day. The wife catches me, but does not know the full extent. I'm experiencing more and more issues. My skin has feeling but yet feels numb at the same time. Like I can put my hand on my head with fingers touching my forehead. I can feel my finger and my hand on my head, but it also has that undertone of feeling that you get when your jaw is numb from Novocain and you touch it. You know you touched yourself, but it isn't right. The sensation is wrong. Getting soft stools/diarrhea quite often (near daily). Very easily fly into uncontrolled rages to the point where I'm damaging shit in the house. Fighting quite a bit with the wife over stupid shit, and I'm talking extreme angry yelling far beyond reasonable for the actions. Getting occasion chest pains and worried may be a heart issue.
So, with all this going on and all of it getting worse I finally broke down yesterday Friday night after a major fight with my wife yet again and decided that is it. I really did try that night not to have any but could not do it. I took my last toke around 5am Saturday morning just to be able to get any sleep at all after being up most of the night.
My symptoms in the past month have included no solid stools at all (all liquid even with daily use of Imodium), blood in stool (2 occasions), often feeling the need to make a BM even though nothing would come out, chest pains, sweats, chills, shakes, inability to sleep for more than 30-60 min without dosing, no real joy from dosing, no real high from dosing, constant compulsion to re-dose (sometimes even immediately after dosing), aches in limbs, random numbness, overall odd/numb sensation, extreme effort required to get or maintain an erection, little to no joy from orgasm, extreme rage, violent/suicidal/scary thoughts (eg "you could go upstairs, kill everyone & yourself to end this), inability to eat anything even immediately following dosing, memory impairment, extreme lack of motivation, coughing up huge amounts of phlegm (stringy shit in it), feeling like there is a constant slick of goo/phlegm all down the back of my throat to the point sometimes so thick it would actually make me gag till I coughed/puked some out. I've even noticed that sometimes I'll just smoke and then stand their like a mindless drone (out in the garage in my hidden smoke spot). All I have been doing lately is getting high, fighting, and waiting for death. Ive heard other say waiting and not knowing what for, I knew what for. I wanted the end, peace. Heck, for the past 3 or 4 month I've been living on the couch because I just didn't want to be anywhere or do anything.

I have no idea how I have not been written up or fired from my job. I know comparative to previous years my level of work this past year has been horribly lacking. Kind of hard to do detail technical work when your brain can barely remember something from a few minutes ago.

The current state of my health is horrible:
5'10" - 161 pounds - Dec 2012 - m - age 40.
The only thing I've managed to eat in the past week is some handfuls of dry fruit loops. I eat like a baby for crying out loud, a few loops and I am unable to eat any more.

I know I can't do this shit anymore it is killing me. Thank you to everyone who have shared your stories as it all day yesterday and today I've spent reading them and gaining hope from them.

It will 36 hours (1.5 days) since I last toked this shit. I've been fighting the urge by reading your stories and words of encouragement towards each other and would like to thank you all for sharing. I was unable to even get off the couch. I'm still experiencing the chills/sweats but not as bad as yesterday. I did cheat last night to get to sleep and took Benedryl (normally saved for emergency allergic reactions) instead of my normal allergy medication and about twice the dose after I had been up for 24 hours. That allowed me to get a whopping 2.5 hours of sleep. It sucks when You can feel hungry (which started a little bit today) and yet putting any type of food in your mouth and chewing it seem like the most disgusting act possible. I still haven't managed to eat anything close to a even 1/4 of a real meal yet. Hoping tomorrow will be better. I didn't take my normal allergy meds again today in order to again substitute Benedryl tonight again for the drowsy factor.

I know I need to do something about my stash as I have well over a grand worth of product still around hidden away in its secret places. It calls to me. I keep thinking I want just a puff. Just enough to make the chills and shakes stop.

At this point I think my wife has realized some of the things that have been going on with me may be due to the substance since at some point she did catch me smoking (forget when exactly, during the fog). She does not know how much I've spent on the shit ($$$$), or that I'm not actually suffering from the flu right now. She think at this moment I am sick with the flu since our kid was sick a few days ago. She has several times in the past few weeks though asked me about the shit and suggested I should stop. I just don't want her to know that I know I've gotten myself hooked on the shit.

Again, I would just like to thank everyone for sharing and encouraging each other. Seeing others have made it through and recovered well does give hope which has been severely lacking recently.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you for this brave and honest post. I really hope things start to turn around for you soon. Please don't be too hard on yourself; this is a hell of a habit to kick.

Last edited by kelendral; 09-12-2012 at 22:06.
Old 09-12-2012, 22:46

Male from Earth

Very touching post Kelendral. When I read that it reminded me about myself 3 years ago. I was just finished with high school,no job or any duties for 8 months. I had found these blends a bit before that and fell in love right away like you did. It was like some kind of magic. Every night I would be in my psychedelic bubble listening to music,reading and playing games. At that time I still lived with my parents.

Forward couple months I am completely hooked on stuff, I would sleep until 5pm everyday. Then I just waited for my parents to go sleep so I could smoke more and more and more until morning. So basically that was my life
for next 5 months. I had zero social interaction or anything,just smoking and my nightly adventures in my mind. I was living zombie basically. I had lost 18 pounds during this period and weighted about 120 pounds that time.

I would be super aggressive if my supply ended and I couldn't get more right away. Waiting 2 days for next hit felt like hell.

My life felt completely turn-over however, when I went to army. I needed to quit cold turkey and during my time there I didn't want to take risk and smoke. After 6 months when I got out I was completely new person. I started hit gym daily,study and enrolled to school. I was myself again,not a living zombie and I felt happiness all over me.

So thats my story how I got out of cannabinoid hell. I know this may sound horrible for you at the moment but I believe only way for you to quit is to go cold turkey and get rid of your stock.

But don't lose hope, I kicked the habit but I still smoke occasionally these day without it affecting my life or studies negatively. Once 3 months I buy myself 3g of some blend and enjoy smoking it before bed. Most of time I end up smoking it straight in 1 week but usually thats enough of cannabinoids for me since on that time frame bad things start to kick in (memory loss,appetite loss,low energy) already. Then I go another 2-3 months without and repeat. This routine has worked pretty well for me and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to quit and still wants to smoke occasionally.

Peace out everyone and take care.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:26

Male from United States

Thanks for the kind words Sgmfrd.

Still holding on. Sweats and chills are still really bad. I'll be so happy when this is all over.

I miss sleeping with my wife. I know she hates that I've not shared our bed for more than an hour a night on the few nights over the past few months if I've even gone up there. I feel so bad having put her through this and she doesn't even know half of the reason I've been so angry lately. I've literally blamed her at times for "ruining" my life because of the stupidest shit. I'm surprised she has stuck with me.

Dinner tonight was still another miserable failure of me not even being able to eat my wife's cooking and so having to "eat" in my office again so I could dump the food in the trash without getting noticed.

I did manage to eat a little this past hour. Managed to almost finish (all broth, most noodles) of a cup of Maruchan Instant Lunch. It sickens me to think even finishing most of a cup of soup seems like an accomplishment if one manages to eat it and has the luck to keep it down.

I never want to go through this shit again. I want to smoke so bad right now but then the last 44.5 hours will have been for nothing. I keep having those "one puff won't hurt and you'll feel a lot better" thoughts. Except we all know they are shit. The high is not fun anymore, not even a high anymore. I swear if I knew I could call the police and have them come and take/destroy my shit for me without getting busted I would. I'll have to see if I can find someone to come help me get rid of that shit tomorrow as it is far to tempting knowing it is there. At this point I don't even care about the cost of what I'll be throwing away. I just want to be sure it gets destroyed and not redistributed to someone else as I would not want to be the one responsible for putting anyone through this hell. Especially once everyone goes to bed. They've all been in bed for the past 3+ hours and it has been just calling and calling. Had to come on here and post just to get it out and remind myself I don't want to use. At least not today.

EDIT/Update:
I actually fell asleep naturally, no drug, no benedryl, sometime just before I had a full 48 hours. Slept for about 2 hours.
I really wish these sweats and chills would stop. One minute being burning hot and sweating like a I could flow a river of sweat from my body, then being freezing cold. Those who've made it through, how long do the sweats/chills last.
Overall when I was first up this morning I actually felt a little better, but not a whole lot. I do feel as though my head is a bit clearer today.
Unfortunately chipped a tooth now need to rush out and get a it fixed/probably root canal.

Last edited by kelendral; 10-12-2012 at 19:39.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06
Silver Member

Stay strong man. You will get through it. The chills and sweats should go away after a couple more days, but other problems will persist. My friend didn't eat a full meal for about 3 weeks after he quit.

Have you tried eating mashed potatoes? Or some cold deli meat? That's what got my friend through his withdrawals.

In another day or so you will probably start coughing a lot as your body starts to get rid of all the crud in your lungs and throat. That won't last long though and your lungs will feel infinitely better. The stuff you spit out will be pretty nasty though, even alarming when you think about you put something so nasty into your lungs.

But you will make it through if you can get some food down, get a little sleep, and just stay strong. Just keep reminding yourself that you want to be rid of this forever. A serious cannabinoid addiction is no kind of life to live.
Old 11-12-2012, 13:10

Male from United States

I'll be so happy when my body starts controlling its temperature better. This hot/cold sweating/freezing stuff is so distracting it makes everything nearly impossible.

Ended up getting the root canal. Have no idea what the dentist must have thought about the waves of sweat.

Never really been able to eat mashed potatoes. Been finding myself that the the stronger the taste the more palatable I'm finding some foods. Either strong sweet or strong tangy. Been eating pepperoni slices, salami, dry fruit loops, and soup. I even ate completely (yes, all broth and noodles this time) at once an entire cup of that Maruchan lunch stuff.

I've been coughing shit up for weeks so that won't surprise me. I don't know but it seems pretty gross, knowing that the only thing I am coughing up is shit from my dosing since I don't even smoke normal cigarettes (did not pick that habit back up thankfully).

I slept for almost 4 hours last night and when I woke up I almost felt clear headed and functional. Sweats and chills even managed to seem calmer for the first hour or so after I woke up, but as I've been up things have gone down the chills/sweats route again.
Old 11-12-2012, 17:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
LEGAL EAGLE is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Kelendral i've been there. One piece of advise i give to you is to eat better foods. I know how it is when eating a whole cup o noodles is an accomplishment, but there's not alot of nourishment there. You need to take lots of vitamins to counter act your lack of appetite, and when you do eat, eat good things. Whatever vegetables you enjoy, fresh, deli meat is easy to eat, drinks were easier for me to eat so things like smoothies with protein and such are a good idea. Since you can't eat alot you should at least make sure what you eat is as nutricious as possible if you want to get better sooner. Blend your own smoothies with fresh fruit, juice, protein, and greek yogurt, maybe some sherbert for texture.

I also recommend popsicles (sugar free), in case you are having trouble keeping hydrated, staying hydrated is important, drink a lot of water or as i said if that's difficult, try popsicles or something. But try to make the food you eat as nutrient dense as possible, you aren't going to feel any better eating a few handfulls of fruit loops. Since strong tastes are good maybe your favorite form of chinese food.

Also GET AND SMOKE MARIJUANA if you can, not sure if you can or not. But it will GREATLY help with that 'urge to smoke', even if you dont get high anymore, that's not the point. the point is to satisfy that 'get high' craving, and to make your pains more manageable, MJ is by far the best medicine you can get for your condition, unfortunately it probably won't get you high at the moment but that's not your goal here you just want to get past the stomach pains and such.
Old 12-12-2012, 17:31

Male from United States

Well, I had a longer post typed but the Token Expired and refreshing I somehow managed to lose the text. So here is a brief update.

Feeling much better overall today. Sweats/chill far less frequent and intense. Seems more like waves now. Might be fine for a little while with just slight hot/cold then go into the more intense waves of sweats/chills but even those are not as bad as today.

Managed to eat 2 sandwiches and some other food yesterday. Finding that as the numb/odd feelings go and food seems to have more taste and be more palatable now.

Hydrated hasn't been to much of a problem since I've been drinking Gatorade for a while now.

Slept for almost 5 hours last night without the use of anything. It is the longest I've slept in ages. I imagine that has to have contributed to my feeling a little more like a human today.

Anyone else notice muscle aches. Like I went for a little walk earlier and my legs ache. You'd think I hadn't walked at all in ages. Guess that's just left over from the body eating itself and not really being fed/exercised properly. After all, not exactly normal to lose 60 pounds without proprer dieting and exercise. While I did need to lose that I would never recommend Synthetic Cannabinoids as a diet plan. Actually now I guess I could afford to do some exercising and maybe even put a few pounds back on. Even my dentist had asked if I had been sick as I lost so much weight.

Anyone thinking about getting off this shit, DO IT!. The sooner you stop, it is that much sooner you'll start to feel more like a human again.

Update Dec 13.
Feeling much better today. Having much better luck with a wider variety of foods as well. Damn I forgot what it was like to have some energy and motive ability. I've accomplished more for work today alone than I have in the past month (how I did not get fired is beyond me).

Last edited by kelendral; 14-12-2012 at 00:55.
Old 14-12-2012, 19:26
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
EzekielCain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1 Points: 68, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

This is a tricky compound and from testing with various animals I can absolutely testify that it's dangerous, especially with everyday use. Everything that's been discussed here has been witnessed in testing from the body aches to abnormal appetite and intestinal problems. There are also instances with permanent issues, not life threatening but annoying (one test animal using cannabinoids daily has developed an eye twitch on a daily basis. It has gone on for months now)

There is sound advise here. Your body is telling you something. Go get a check up and be honest with the Dr about what you've used. You'll most likely be prescribed one or two things that will help you balance out.

You should never quit anything cold Turkey. That'll put your body into shock and literally drive you to being ill.

My advise is to ween yourself down to the point of not needing it anymore. The same goes for any substance. You've got to respect these tools. The second people start treating it like marijuana or just something to get fuked up on is when it bites them hard. This isn't weed. It never claims to be. In fact, it claims nothing at all. These are chemicals which haven't been researched for prolonged periods of time. There's a certain amount of risk to be assumed when you're putting yourself in the drivers seat and being a pioneer in these things.

I think you're on the road though. You stopped it before it grabbed ahold of you. Find yourself something that can fill that void. See a Dr and get yourself some peace of mind and be well. We're all rooting for you!!

Last edited by EzekielCain; 14-12-2012 at 19:32.
Old 14-12-2012, 21:36

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzekielCain View Post
This is a tricky compound and from testing with various animals I can absolutely testify that it's dangerous, especially with everyday use. Everything that's been discussed here has been witnessed in testing from the body aches to abnormal appetite and intestinal problems. There are also instances with permanent issues, not life threatening but annoying (one test animal using cannabinoids daily has developed an eye twitch on a daily basis. It has gone on for months now)

There is sound advise here. Your body is telling you something. Go get a check up and be honest with the Dr about what you've used. You'll most likely be prescribed one or two things that will help you balance out.

You should never quit anything cold Turkey. That'll put your body into shock and literally drive you to being ill.

My advise is to ween yourself down to the point of not needing it anymore. The same goes for any substance. You've got to respect these tools. The second people start treating it like marijuana or just something to get fuked up on is when it bites them hard. This isn't weed. It never claims to be. In fact, it claims nothing at all. These are chemicals which haven't been researched for prolonged periods of time. There's a certain amount of risk to be assumed when you're putting yourself in the drivers seat and being a pioneer in these things.

I think you're on the road though. You stopped it before it grabbed ahold of you. Find yourself something that can fill that void. See a Dr and get yourself some peace of mind and be well. We're all rooting for you!!
You should quit cold turkey. After reading hundreds of posts about cannabinoid addiction going cold turkey is basically only way to quit. And no going cold turkey doesn't make you ill. This isn't opiate we are talking about. Recovery starts quite fast,after even 3 days you start feel normal. Give it 2 weeks and you are almost on normal state.

Share this on:

Tags
am-2201, am-2201 addiction, am-2201 long term effects, am-2201 withdrawal, cannabinoid addiction, cannabinoid tolerance, cannabinoid withdrawal, cannabinoids, research chemicals, smoking blends, synthetic cannabinoid addiction, synthetic cannabinoid withdrawal, synthetic cannabinoids, synthetic marijuana