Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Research Chemicals Piperazines, Phenethylamines, Tryptamines & other designer drugs.

Old 25-01-2012, 10:33
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline
Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11 Points: 5,823, Level: 11
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Ethylphenidate Drug Info

Thing is most of the main vendors now a days employ top lawyers and chemists to check the science against the laws, they are not fools anymore. Well they are, but they seem to be considerably more well informed than they used to be when vendors were frequently raided and charged.

The likelihood of a random person being caught with ethylphenidate and getting charged is basically impossible. They brought it from a UK registered company. Theres no basis for a charge in court for posession of a drug thats not illegal, unless it has been purposely sold or used in a harmful or negligant way to someone else resulting in severe harm/death, which is why all vendors have to use the "not for human consumption" tag.

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 11-02-2012 at 07:38.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
kitsunedemon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

My fish Klaus' is on the SARI Trazodone, and had recently purchased some Racemic Ethylphenidate. What do people think about taking Ethylphenidate while on a daily SARI. Stay away completely? Or would it be possible? He would probably come down with Etizolam or Ambien.
Old 06-02-2012, 17:42
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
LifeSucceedsDeath is on the way upLifeSucceedsDeath is on the way upLifeSucceedsDeath is on the way up
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

It's going to be hard to portray a clear sense of this drugs pharmacological profile as reports will vary. As stated above some vendors may be purifying to the l-isomer. Perhaps some are selling purified D-ethylphenidate? It's important to note that you shouldn't trust something to be what someone says it is, especially if it's from a new, not so trusted/reputed public vendor; getting it analyzed is the only way. Starting with very small amounts is always a great idea (aside from a 1mg allergy/safety test, I'd say, if snorting, start at 5mg for recreation, or 10mg if oral and wait 20 minutes before more - if it's the d-isomer it could be twice as strong).

In a dream I had last night I found 2 plastic baggies with Ethylphenidate's chemical data: one was a white, slightly powdery substance with actually opaque crystals on closer inspection, while the other was a clear crystalline substance. My chemistry teacher (in my dream) informed me that they were indeed >99% purity, but I was skeptical even though he's fairly trustworthy. Maybe the white crystals were simply covered with their own powder? After reading this thread it made me think that there might be variation in the d/l isomers among the different vendors. Does anyone know if there could be a colour variation between isomers?

I'll post a report of my dream when I have more time, I remember it very well. Also, Ethylphenidate is not listed on Canada's drug act, and with no analog law for methylphenidate you should have no legal troubles here. (Check the CDSA Sch.III)

Post Quality Evaluations:
Correct information about legal status in Canada and very good advice about very small initial dose. Always a good idea for RCs, but for EPH the variable reactions reported make it even more important
Old 09-02-2012, 18:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
mjolnir69 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I too have heard several anecdotes of ethylphenidate being employed in various manners of use.....

One story from a couple years back related to a product which was definitely the freebase and vaporised beautifully, like I assume good quality meth should, but really in terms of physiological effects was severely lacking.... Maybe a very very slight stimulant boost but given that this particular individual had started on a(n ultimately self destructive life changing - for the worse!) MDPV habit it was very very underwhelming...

A story I heard more recently involved product from an EU vendor which was declared to be the freebase but the crystalline nature of the compound, and the fact that it was pretty freely soluble in water and that solution had a slightly acidic pH leads me to conclude that my friend must have been given the HCl salt... Vaporisation resulted in pretty harsh smoke, with a slight licorice taste as has been noted by others, but really not what he would like to be pumping through his lungs! However as he has done in the past with mdpv adding a couple drops propylene glycol makes for a much smoother smoke.... Physiological response was that of slight stimulation - both a mood lift and body high which could be channeled into cleaning the house or chatting online etc.... With some benzos/alcohol/ghb this could have potential as a recreational stimulant but from what i hear the dosing would always be towards the lower end of the spectrum, maybe 10-25mg vaped (some product is invariably wasted) and top ups maybe of similar dose, but I couldn't comment on time needed to redose/compulsiveness etc until i heard further from my friend....

The stories i have heard of intranasal use have commonly reported intense burning to the point of sever discomfort, which may be great enough to actually rule out thos ROA for others...

Hope this can be of some use!

.MJ69
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Synesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline MedlineSynesthesiac must mainline Medline

A lot of UK vendors are stocking the (what they claim is) racemic ethylphenidate, which has distinctive crystal texture,composed of definite solid crystals, that have to be broken up to power form for insufflation. This product seems to go down well with users in general. There's been surprisingly little evidence of the stronger dextro isomer as of yet.

Another form of ethylphenidate on the market (from fewer suppliers than the racemic thats flooded the UK atm, but is none-the-less still on the market) has a totally different texture to that of similar UK vendors ethylphen, it's extremely fine powder. The best comparison is flours texture, it's extremely fine. And you seem to need a higher dosage of this to get the same mental effects that the racemic gives, but the side effects seem more pronounced. Oddly the effects seem different, almost negligably different, but in terms of aprodisiac qualities the 'fluffy' one seems less strong. May be just me though. Texture and appearance are not the most accurate ways to identify properties of a drug.

Maybe labs that have separated the good/active dextro isomer from the racemate, are left with 50-50 of each are selling both separately via different outlets; some vendors may be selling the far less potent levo isomer without giving buyers this info. If that's the case it would not surprise me at all that some ethylphenidate batches people have reported as bunk (most reports from 2004-2011 claim it's barely active). The companies left with the levo isomer can still sell it to anyone as 99.x% pure ethylphenidate, because that’s still technically what it is.

On another note, I have samples of three disctinctively different appearance + effect batches here (could even possibly be Racemic, Levo, Dextro) how do I do about testing which one is which?

For all your input to this thread given so far - also very informative and interesting new post you provided!

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 11-02-2012 at 10:30. Reason: phrasing / stimulants making me a perfectionist
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38
Silver Member

sinnerek21 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
After reading this thread it made me think that there might be variation in the d/l isomers among the different vendors. Does anyone know if there could be a colour variation between isomers?

I've talked in person with the owner of the most trusted UK rc website (he lives 15 minutes away from me) (everyone should know who that is). He told me that at the beginning when Ethylphenidate showed up on the market, it was synthesised with L-isomer, but only recently vendors went for D-isomer, which works much, much better. The old ethylphenidate was in powder form, while the new "racemic ethylphenidate" is in snow-white crystal form. The vendor also provided analysis which makes him a reliable source.

New Racemic Ethylphenidate (
d-threo-ethylphenidate and d-erythro-ethylphenidate) is the most euphoric stimulant widely available on the RC market right now.

For someone above who asked: It's perfectly soluble in water, at 500mg/1ml ratio (tested myself, as I injected it)

good info from the insiders

Last edited by sinnerek21; 10-02-2012 at 17:39.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnerek21 View Post

I've talked in person with the owner of the most trusted UK rc website (he lives 15 minutes away from me) (everyone should know who that is). He told me that at the beginning when Ethylphenidate showed up on the market, it was synthesised with L-isomer, but The old ethylphenidate was in powder form, while the new "racemic ethylphenidate" is in snow-white crystal form. The vendor also provided analysis which makes him a reliable source.

New Racemic Ethylphenidate (
d-threo-ethylphenidate and d-erythro-ethylphenidate) is the most euphoric stimulant widely available on the RC market right now.

For someone above who asked: It's perfectly soluble in water, at 500mg/1ml ratio (tested myself, as I injected it)

You say 'only recently vendors went for D-isomer, which works much, much better.' but then say that the new 'racemic ethylphenidate' is what is now on the market? The levo isomer is negligibly active, the racemic will have equal amounts of dextro and levo, so surely the racemic is half as strong as the pure dextro isomer. Correct?

If so why would they make it racemic at all, but instead just optically purify it and get the pure dextro isomer as the result?
Its a 50% + yield but you are left with a product over 200% better in effects, I would think.

Ok so im going to try to make sense of some of this chemistry, as different people have said different things throughout the thread and to me elsewhere. The only people i really trust for correct answers (so many naive know-it-all armchair wikipedia wannabe scientists about) are a couple of people on this forum. Some are points that are either true or false and some are questions.

1) Racemic
ethylphenidate is the usual end product from synthesis.

2)
Racemic chems always contain equal quantities of dextrorotatory and levorotatory isomers.

3) The levo isomer of ethylphenidate has negligable positive recreational effects but retains some side effects (similar to the levo isomer of methylphenidate)

4) The dexro isomer is responsible for the main desired effects.

5) notation for: racemic = (d) / levo = (r) and dextro = (s) ?

6) Q: therefore levo is notated (r)-ethylphenidate HCl ?

7) Q: thusly the dextro (s)-ethylphenidate HCl ?

8) Is (S)-ethyl 2-phenyl-2-((S)-piperidin-2-yl)acetate HCl just the longer UIPAC name for the normal dextro ethylphenidate, or something completely different (noticed the two (s)'s)?

9) Can I check via any relatively simple way if it's the dextro, levo or racemic isomer?

Starting chem ALevel evening class next year so will start to be a bit more clued up then!

[This post may be better suited for chemistry forum, move it @ your discretion mods]

Last edited by Synesthesiac; 11-02-2012 at 10:38. Reason: stims making me compulsive
Old 12-02-2012, 17:32
Silver Member

Quote:
You say 'only recently vendors went for D-isomer, which works much, much better.' but then say that the new 'racemic ethylphenidate' is what is now on the market? The levo isomer is negligibly active, the racemic will have equal amounts of dextro and levo, so surely the racemic is half as strong as the pure dextro isomer. Correct?
There are different ways Ethylphenidate can be synthesised, which result in either different ratios of four isomers or in a specific stereoisomer (Am I right?). The first batch was primarily the inactive l-threo isomer, instead dl-threo isomer. I'm not a chemist, I'm just saying what I've been told and what people on other forums have reported.

People in this thread actually asked before why vendors went for l-isomer instead dl-isomer at the beginning.

Let me know if you find anything.

Quote:
If so why would they make it racemic at all, but instead just optically purify it and get the pure dextro isomer as the result? Its a 50% + yield but you are left with a product over 200% better in effects, I would think.
Costs? Too much hustle? Don't ask me.

Quote:
so many naive know-it-all armchair wikipedia wannabe scientists about
Are you pointing at me?

Last edited by sinnerek21; 12-02-2012 at 18:12.
Old 12-02-2012, 17:39

Male from United States
Raskolnikov should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Your post got me wondering about the ethylphenidate on the market. Swim recalls snorting roughly 60 mg of ethylphenidate and noticing "some" but negligible effects. Swim thought that ethylphenidate would be comparable to methylphenidate, which means 20 mg is a good therapeutic dose. Anyway after reading about the dextro, levo, and racemic isomers, swim asked swim's RC supplier friend what swit was using at the moment, he responded, "mixed". Swim is assuming he mean's racemic. Swim also asked if they had plans to isolate the dextro-ethylphenidate in the future and was told that there were no immediate plans, but it was a possibility. Swim suspects that they will never offer dextro, unless they mark it up a lot. Otherwise they'll offer racemic so they don't lose half their yield.
Old 12-02-2012, 18:02
About DF,Various & German
Co-Moderator

Male from Earth
Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.Mersann really knows their shit.
Points: 2,220, Level: 7 Points: 2,220, Level: 7 Points: 2,220, Level: 7
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

If the levo-isomer is negligibly active (assuming it doesn't present other health problems), why are you so keen on having the isomers separated? It would only matter for the dosage, i.e. the racemic mixture would require twice as much material, wouldn't it?

To me, isolation of one isomer would make more sense, if the isomers had different psychoactive effects, rather than one isomer not being active.

Could someone enlighten me as to why that would still be favorable?

Edit:

Okay, as I just read, it seems to have some side-effects.
Old 13-02-2012, 03:51
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.
Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthesiac View Post

If so why would they make it racemic at all, but instead just optically purify it and get the pure dextro isomer as the result?
Its a 50% + yield but you are left with a product over 200% better in effects, I would think.

Ok so im going to try to make sense of some of this chemistry, as different people have said different things throughout the thread and to me elsewhere. The only people i really trust for correct answers (so many naive know-it-all armchair wikipedia wannabe scientists about) are a couple of people on this forum. Some are points that are either true or false and some are questions.

1) Racemic
ethylphenidate is the usual end product from synthesis.

2)
Racemic chems always contain equal quantities of dextrorotatory and levorotatory isomers.

3) The levo isomer of ethylphenidate has negligable positive recreational effects but retains some side effects (similar to the levo isomer of methylphenidate)

4) The dexro isomer is responsible for the main desired effects.

5) notation for: racemic = (d) / levo = (r) and dextro = (s) ?

6) Q: therefore levo is notated (r)-ethylphenidate HCl ?

7) Q: thusly the dextro (s)-ethylphenidate HCl ?

8) Is (S)-ethyl 2-phenyl-2-((S)-piperidin-2-yl)acetate HCl just the longer UIPAC name for the normal dextro ethylphenidate, or something completely different (noticed the two (s)'s)?

9) Can I check via any relatively simple way if it's the dextro, levo or racemic isomer?

Starting chem ALevel evening class next year so will start to be a bit more clued up then!

[This post may be better suited for chemistry forum, move it @ your discretion mods]

Testing the material to determine which enatiomers are present can be done by an experienced chemist with a somewhat inexpensive polarimeter...this does not say whether or not it has S or R configuration.....some S configured molecules have + rotation and others have - rotation, there is no correlation between optical rotation((+,-) and configuraton(S,R)....the d\l was replaced with (+,-) some time ago because it gets confused with capitol D,L(fischer projections) but continues to be used extensively in the industry

Hands_CleaN added 14 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Ethylphenidate has two chiral centers, so the S,S prelog designations just mean both chiral centers have S configuration, it has nothing to do with optical rotation(+,-) or (d,l).

Hands_CleaN added 407 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:
There are different ways Ethylphenidate can be synthesised, which result in either different ratios of four isomers or in a specific stereoisomer (Am I right?). The first batch was primarily the inactive l-threo isomer, instead dl-threo isomer. I'm not a chemist, I'm just saying what I've been told and what people on other forums have reported.

People in this thread actually asked before why vendors went for l-isomer instead dl-isomer at the beginning.

Let me know if you find anything.

Costs? Too much hustle? Don't ask me.

Are you pointing at me?
Achiral starting material, reactants, solvents, and catalysts will always give a 50\50 mix of enantiomers, molecules with two chiral centers in a row could give a 50\50 mixture of cis and trans isomers but in practice this does not normally occur. Designing synthesis for trans or cis isomerism is well understood and documented. Any cis configued racemic ethylphenidate(kinetic products) wouldn't be stable with acids or bases, they will epimerise to racemic threo\trans(thermodynamic products).

thanks for answering at least a few of the chemistry questions
Great post - glad to see you posting here again.

Last edited by Hands_CleaN; 13-02-2012 at 03:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-02-2012, 06:20

Male from United States

Anyway gents, swim will be able to sample some of the 'mixed' or 'racemic' in a few days. Swim will probably start with 50 mg insufflated and begin objective observation. Will let you all know how it goes.

cheers,
Old 14-02-2012, 15:13

Male from United Kingdom
Michael905 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim Insufflated about 30 mg of Ethylphenidate. An hour Before hand swim consumed 1mg of Etizolam and a small dose of opium.

Within 5-10 minutes

Swim has a notice distinct feeling of Euphoria, significant lost in appetite, slight drowsiness, mild stimulation, slight increased concentration and a low desire to redoes. This substance feels like a more euphoric version of Methylphenidate. . Its effects have a mild, gentle amphetamine-like stimulation. Rather nice. Definitely has recreational potential.

So far, Ethylphenidate seems to be an excellent appetite suppressor but Maybe too euphoric to treat attention deficit disorder.

I am less concerned about the side effects of this research chemical since this chemical has been presence for many years with the combination of alcohol and Methylphenidate. And little danger has been reported with this combination.

Is this a logical speculation? anyone?
Old 14-02-2012, 21:36

Male from United States

Ok, Swim obtained said sample of "mixed" ethylphenidate. Swim often takes 54 mg concerta-methylphenidate, so swim may have a minor tolerance to stimulants of this ilk. Anyway, assuming that this mixture of ethylphenidate has an equal amount of levo and dextro isomers, 60 mg should give roughly 30 mg of the good dextro-ethylphenidate.

Swim insufflated 60mg, and holy shit, insufflation is its own altered state-the burn was excruciating, almost religious for about 45-60 seconds. Swim was going to post this with the whole shulgin-esque T+15, etc., however, it'll be easier to just write in essay form for this brief post. Swim was assuming he/she wouldn't have many noticeable effects from the initial 60mg, seeing as swim barely feels the 54 mg concertas anymore; having been prescribed them for so long.

Anyway, Swim feels great, energetic, not overly anxious- which is usually the case when swim uses stimulants. Swim thought for sure he'd/she'd need an immediate booster to the initial dose, however swim feels good at this dose.

Swim can fathom that people who dig stimulants a lot, would have an urge to re-dose often, but swim is content. As noted, much earlier swim had a few experiences with ethylphenidate a few months ago, although couldn't accurately assess it due to many variables. This time, swim will say thumb's up for ethylphenidate!

Pros: Obtainable as a pure substance (relatively speaking)
It's pretty darn euphoric, obviously has the stimulant/motivation effects
however, swim's head is a bit "active" for lack of a better term, so
so focusing on one task would be quite difficult and not fun, which is
NOT the case for methylphenidate where swim is easily able to focus
on the task at hand. This is much more recreational than
methylphenidate due to the lack of anxiety/paranoia in swim's case.

Cons: It's pretty much just a regular stimulant- can never be THAT fun, but
swim still finds it interesting and relatively innocuous.

cheers
Old 15-02-2012, 14:19

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael905 View Post
Swim Insufflated about 30 mg of Ethylphenidate. An hour Before hand swim consumed 1mg of Etizolam and a small dose of opium.

Within 5-10 minutes

Swim has a notice distinct feeling of Euphoria, significant lost in appetite, slight drowsiness, mild stimulation, slight increased concentration and a low desire to redoes. This substance feels like a more euphoric version of Methylphenidate. . Its effects have a mild, gentle amphetamine-like stimulation. Rather nice. Definitely has recreational potential.

So far, Ethylphenidate seems to be an excellent appetite suppressor but Maybe too euphoric to treat attention deficit disorder.

Swim is less concerned about the side effects of this research chemical since this chemical has been presence for many years with the combination of alcohol and Methylphenidate. And little danger has been reported with this combination.

Is this a logical speculation? anyone?
****er...just want restate my question as Swim is deeply curious; Ethylphenidate surely is a relatively safe Research Chemical having been presence of many years in the combination of Methylphenidate & alcohol. And there has been no reported dangers with this combination. ***

Can someone tell me whether this is a probable assumption??
Old 17-02-2012, 05:06
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.Hands_CleaN really adds to the discussion.
Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4 Points: 779, Level: 4
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

As for ethylphenidate itself I can't say, but it is not persistant in humas; the ester moiety is quickly converted to ethanol and the free acid(ritalinic acid) by hydrolytic enzymes....these metabolites are actually less toxic than methylphenidate metabolites-which produce ritalinic acid and methanol.....

Last edited by Hands_CleaN; 17-02-2012 at 05:09. Reason: spelling
Old 28-02-2012, 17:19

Male from United Kingdom

Interesting stuff. cheers! x
Old 05-03-2012, 18:51
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
LifeSucceedsDeath is on the way upLifeSucceedsDeath is on the way upLifeSucceedsDeath is on the way up
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Hands_Clean contributed a great point on the lowered toxicity between Ethyl and Methylphenidate's metabolites; methanol in the body, and its hepatic conversion to formate, produces very toxic effects in high enough amounts - ethanol is much more tolerable. Some side effects of long term methylphenidate use also relate to some effects of methanol ingestion (via conversion to formate), such as: abdominal pain, nausea, chest pain, palpitations, headache, lethargy/ fatigue, twitching/ticks/uncontrolled body movements, and changes in mental state like restlessness/ anxiety.
Any thoughts to whether methanol could be a potential culprit, or even a contributing factor of these negative side-effects?

The body can effectively and safely handle certain levels of methanol - such as the methanol levels present in mostly all of the food we eat - and it is metabolically excreted without harm in these circumstances. Medscape states,

"The minimal lethal dose of methanol in adults is believed to be 1mg/kg of body weight. Exact rates of morbidity and mortality from methanol intoxication are not available."

Molar mass: Methylphenidate (MPH) - 233.31g/mol; methanol - 32.04g/mol.

32.04/233.31 = 0.137 (rounded) --> assuming the methanol formed in vivo comes fully from MPH (pretty certain).

Since 30% of MPH is the minimum amount excreted unchanged in the urine (highly variable based on urinary pH; lower pH can lead to up to 80% unchanged MPH excreted in urine), the 0.137mg of methanol produced/mg of MPH becomes 0.096mg methanol/mg MPH minimum, and a 100mg dose of MPH might, therefore, metabolize into a *possible* 9.6mg of methanol. However, urinary excretion ranges from 30% minimum, to around 60 to 80%. 60% would leave 0.0548mg methanol/mg MPH, or 5.5mg after a dose of 100mg, and 80% leaving 2.74mg/100mg MPH. In any normal instance, this would be a tolerable amount considering most humans' metabolism, and so EPH shouldn't be considered less harmful than MPH on these grounds. *I'm by no means sufficiently knowledgeable in biochemical interactions to make a statement like this, however, so please note that this post is pure speculation.*

MPH has been around for decades with a fairly good safety profile, but EPH has not undergone the same experience and thus should be treated as more dangerous anyways (it has been theorized as having similar toxicity at "medicinal" doses, and higher cardiac toxicity as doses escalate. Look into the implications of its significantly higher selectivity toward dopamine inhibition and lowered effect on norepinephrine transporters - also cocaine/cocaethylene relationship).

Further, care should be taken in the practice of vaporizing/smoking; as with MPH, "When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of nitroxides."

LSD
Old 09-03-2012, 15:26
Silver Member

Good info, but I think you cannot apply it to pure Ethylphenidate which is sold online, because you can't accurately measure the dose of Ethylphenidate by mixing alcohol with methylphenidate.

I've heard that Ethylphenidate is more cardiotoxic than it's sister-methylphenidate. Also, I've heard something about EPH being more neurotoxic and leads to dopamine depletion faster than MPH. True? I don't know, it's based on observations and comparison to other stimulants, which share the same way of acting on the brain.

It may seem that EPH is harder to overdose on due to it's weak activity on norepinephrine which would result in less pressure on CNS, right?

From my experiments with 5g of EPH 2-3 months ago, I've noticed short duration in both side effects and positive effects, fading away after about 50mins since administration. As the euphoria goes away, so does pounding heart, sweatiness, high bp, jaw clenching etc.

I went through 5 grams of crystal EPH in 3 days without much sleep or food and I haven't noticed any lethal side effects, other than water retention visible on my head, knees, hands, feet, stomach. I also took small breaks during my binge and used Etizolam/Zopiclone to calm down the CNS. I'm sure I got good quality EPH, as I ordered from the most reliable european vendor who placed photocpied analysis on his website for each chemical sold.

It's worh mentioning that it's way to fiendish for what it is, much more than amphetamines, nearly as much as mephedrone. The reason for that was probably very harsh comedown after going above 1g, and it only got worse with each redose. Many RC enthusiasts I know, really love EPH, though I don't know what experience they have or who they really are, as most of them are my MSN mates.

I think it may become a problem soon and government will make an excuse for EPH being similar to MPH, and ban it, assuming both chemicals share the same chances of harm to people's health. It won't be a big deal since MPH already is a schedule 2 drug in UK, with potential for abuse and addiction.

They already plan a temporary ban on methoxetamine, which will last 12 months, during which investigation will take place, as it's supposedly as harmful as ketamine. If they do, MXE will never come back, that's for sure, and once they ban it, they will do the same shit with other RCs.
Old 15-03-2012, 08:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
Hellestopholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Ooooooh yeah it really burns the hell out of the sinuses. I will Never snort that again. Diluted with at least a couple ml of water seems to reduce caustic-ness for your choice of ROA

Hellestopholes added 16 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

whoops.... I was replying to mjolnir69's nasal burn comments!

Hellestopholes added 3 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

I think if a person is careful about doses and makes sure they eat healthily and SLEEP at night, it's not too bad......though addictive potential IS present. We found it about as addictive as heavy caffeine use.

To high of a dose can cause frightening side effects so moderation is vital.

Last edited by Hellestopholes; 15-03-2012 at 08:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-03-2012, 10:02
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Afoaf is really interested in freebasing it.

The burn is too bad for snorting and he is not about to start banging drugs into his arm at this stage of his life.

He was told just vaping this straight on a lightbulb won't be active. He really wants to hear from people who have had success freebasing it.

He loves this stims(not really a stim), great eurphoria and no jitters and jaw. Plus penis is fine on it, libido feels great and it's very pleasant with phenibut.

But it BURNS BURNS BURNS!!!!!!
Old 15-03-2012, 10:45
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

I would be very careful if one was to inject this stuff. I experimented a couple of shots in the 40-100mg range and it was an intense dopamine rush, the main high lasting for about an hour or 1,5h, followed by multiple hours of negative residual stimulation which really require benzos in my opinion. The comedown is a bitch, physically very stressing.

Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT miss this stuff, it's really poisonous under the skin. I missed maybe 0,2ml out of a ~1ml 100mg shot and it hurt like hell for a couple of hours. I massaged the injection site with hot towel vigorously and it finally healed a day or two later.

Overall, I would strongly advice against injecting ethylphenidate at all, it's very moreish because of the short duration. And probably toxic. However, vasoconstriction was smaller than I expected, much smaller than from an average shot of street speed. Racey heart, yes, but with tolerable vasoconstriction.
Old 29-03-2012, 14:15
Silver Member

I completely agree with fehs, this chemical is WAY too moreish for what it is, especially when you inject. The biggest drawback is that terrifying comedown...

When I went over 2 grams in 10 hours (injected), even benzos didn't sedate me enough to take the anxiety out... I kept taking more benzos to the point of blacking out, and even then the comedown was still present.

This stuff is pretty hardcore in binges and I can see people fucking up their health over it fairly soon.

Quote:
But it BURNS BURNS BURNS!!!!!!
They already sell it in powder form, which doesn't burn your nose at all.
Old 29-03-2012, 17:07
Palladium Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
When I went over 2 grams in 10 hours (injected), even benzos didn't sedate me enough to take the anxiety out...
With dosages like that I'm not surprised benzos did nothing, thats a huge dose to take in ten hours! It would take me over two days of constant binging to do two grams.

Quote:
They already sell it in powder form, which doesn't burn your nose at all.
That batch is dodgy. It has a numbing sensation, on your nose if snorted or your mouth if smoked, and does not evaporate cleanly. The crystalline batches (that we have NMR data for) do evaporate cleanly.
Old 29-03-2012, 22:06
Silver Member

I think the only difference is losing the recrystalization process. The end up product is actually in powder form (prior recrystalization), so the quality is surely the same. What changes is losing the additional costs and extra work of recrystalizing the powder.

I myself used both, and both batches give exactly the same effects at the same dosages.

Share this on:

Tags
ethylphenidate, methylphenidate analogues, research chemicals, stimulant research chemicals, stimulants