Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxymorphone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 29-03-2012, 17:49

Male from United States
Drummer16 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Help need answer to simple questions fast

Ok for those of you getting the generic 7.5 or 15 mg Oxymorphone ER, do these crush ok like the old formula Opana ER?

Also, how would you rate their effectiveness and quality? Are they noticeably different or what are your experiences with the generic ERs?

Drummer16 added 665 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Screw it, I called my doc a week early and asked them to start a prior auth to switch me to 180 15mg generic ERs a month and 120 10mg generic IRs a month. I am sure he'll say no, but what choice do I have? Zohydro?

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use a descriptive thread title

Last edited by Drummer16; 29-03-2012 at 17:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2012, 20:33

Male from United States
Re: Help need answer to simple questions fast

Can anyone attest to the quality and crushability of the generic Opanas please?

Drummer16 added 1399 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

K, I will continue having a conversation with myself since I guess no one likes me or no one knows the answer. I think I figured out the answer. It seems to be confirmed that the generic 15s are half-moon shaped, crushable, and are not affected by the new reformulation. I have heard multiple people attest to them being a lot of powder though. Sucks, as I will need 2 of these 15's and 2 10mg IRs to get out of bed. I am going to be packed to the brim with powder by the end of the day.

Last edited by Drummer16; 01-04-2012 at 20:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2012, 23:24
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
slayer180 is a decent psychonaut.slayer180 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Honestly don't know the answer. Maybe no one here gets those.

(begin off topic rant...)

Consider yourself lucky, my new ins wont cover any more than 60 opana er per month. It is not enough, not even close.

Get 30's right now and would be nice to switch to 120x15mg generics but they wont cover it. Not sure what to do. Certainly not gonna panic over it but do want to continue using this med for daily necessary pain relief.

Being in bed a good part of the day really sucks when functionality is easily achieved with the right meds administered the right way. Do doctors and ins companies not get this? Maybe things are so far gone and messed up that they trust no one and really don't want to help, its all about making and saving money.

People who just want to function and have legit issues where the meds help so much get treated like absolute shit, even falsely accused of drug seeking and abandoned by those who are most able to help. Its so wrong. Wish there was some punishment we could hand out.

Its crazy, if everything were legal and over the counter I would just pick what it would take to achieve functionality every day, fast and first thing in the morning bam get right, get out of pain, and get on with a productive day.

The way it is now just sucks, undermedicated struggling, lingering debilitating pain, non productive, in bed often and losing the progress made on physical condition that was worked so hard on. Must fight on but things could be so much easier and better if the doctors and ins companies would just help out and cover a bit more.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer180 View Post
Honestly don't know the answer. Maybe no one here gets those.

(begin off topic rant...)

Consider yourself lucky, my new ins wont cover any more than 60 opana er per month. It is not enough, not even close.

Get 30's right now and would be nice to switch to 120x15mg generics but they wont cover it. Not sure what to do. Certainly not gonna panic over it but do want to continue using this med for daily necessary pain relief.

Being in bed a good part of the day really sucks when functionality is easily achieved with the right meds administered the right way. Do doctors and ins companies not get this? Maybe things are so far gone and messed up that they trust no one and really don't want to help, its all about making and saving money.

People who just want to function and have legit issues where the meds help so much get treated like absolute shit, even falsely accused of drug seeking and abandoned by those who are most able to help. Its so wrong. Wish there was some punishment we could hand out.

Its crazy, if everything were legal and over the counter I would just pick what it would take to achieve functionality every day, fast and first thing in the morning bam get right, get out of pain, and get on with a productive day.

The way it is now just sucks, undermedicated struggling, lingering debilitating pain, non productive, in bed often and losing the progress made on physical condition that was worked so hard on. Must fight on but things could be so much easier and better if the doctors and ins companies would just help out and cover a bit more.
Well, my insurance doesn't cover it either. That's why I gotta get a prior auth from the doc, if he'll let me (one auth should cover me until 2013 when they all are generic). I have a feeling that dispensing this many pills is not going to be appealing to him. SO, I am going to try my hardest to beg for the prior auth to save money, but we'll see. I am so confused because I am reading like info on rxlist.com and they say there are new 15mg Opana ER that are round with the E imprint. I dunno if this is just misinformation or what, but I certainly hope the generics didn't have to follow the reformulation. There would have to be some news on that, right? As far as I know the generics have a moon on them lol. I wish someone who has gotten them recently would just let me know

(start rant)

I am so with you, though. This totally sucks. Why do they have to make it so hard? Why can't it be like the old days when you just go to the store and pick up a bottle of liquid heroin and a bottle of liquid cocaine and be on your way? If they just made drugs legal, the people that don't use them now still won't use them, and the people that do won't have to go deal with this shit or worse, buy illegal drugs. We could put 1/4 the money from the war on drugs into rehab programs and education programs, and save the rest! They can make you sign a form at the store agreeing that you are taking addicting dangerous substances. Instead, people have to buy heroin off the streets because pain pills are so hard and expensive. They have to buy heroin with additives that are probably killing them slowly. Think of all the harmful effects of people using impure drugs, all the crime as a result of the sale and manufacturing, and all the money the government is losing by not letting people just buy them. What a stupid country saying what I can and cannot do! I live under the moral principle that people should be able to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect others.

I have pain and anxiety and there are things in this world that make it go away. Why is it so hard and expensive to obtain such things?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:07

Male from United States

I love my doctor. I now have 180 15mg ER generics this month and 120 10 mg IRs. I must say, I like them better than the name brand already, except for the way they taste and smell. There is no coating to suck off. They crush up as good as an IR. My god, I am in love. The reformulation only helped me.
Old 11-04-2012, 00:48

Male from United States
Kubrik is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

SWIM had tried it all with the new opana.

They are worse than the new OCs.

Best method SWIM has found is to pancake the pill with pliers and cut into strips with wire cutters and dissolve in mouth. There is no way on earth to snort these things. They actually stretch like bubblegum when you cut them with wire cutters!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02

Male from United States

Wow, that is crazy. Glad I switched away from those.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Methadone withdrawals is there...
Last post by Oberyn
2 Replies, 115 Views
Longest you've stayed up on a...
Last post by laron16
0 Replies, 1 Views
Greetings, and I'm kicking...
Last post by Oberyn
12 Replies, 578 Views
joint rubbed on live buds to...