Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Recovery Journals > Amphetamines R&A Journals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamines R&A Journals Post your recovery Journal for community support, advice and tracking progress.

Old 11-02-2012, 19:55

24 y/o Male from United States
dshrute13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Amphetamines have finally lost there worth.

My pet giraffe is no stranger to Amphetamine, and he thinks that they are no longer worth the mind-twisting comedown that he gets from them. He remembers back in the day when he could pop 60mg XR and feel amazingly euphoric, energetic, and social all day long. Not to mention focused! My pet giraffe can draw the most intricate, abstract drawings when on a good dose. However nowadays he finds himself having to take more and more just to feel half as good as he used to. Which isn't a problem in and of itself because tolerance is just something one has to realize will happen over a long enough time of use. But it's these wicked comedowns that he can't handle anymore. The Amphetamine psychosis started out not too bad. Just slight feelings of paranoia that would come in waves for no longer than a day. But now my pet giraffe spends up to 3 days fighting a battle in his mind trying to convince himself that what he's hearing isn't real. The worst part is he knows the thoughts are only happening because of the psychosis, but he can't shake them. Not to mention the olfactory hallucinations (smell hallucinations) which make it even harder to put the crazy thoughts to rest. All said and done when the amphetamine psychosis finally wears off my pet giraffe is back to normal...wanting to dose again. It's a vicious cycle that he is struggling to break every day. My pet giraffe does not recommend ever taking Amphetamines for anything other then studying. You really do not want to experience amp-psychosis from what I have heard. "The road of amphetamine abuse is full of surprises. Fun at first, but a constant hell later."-My pet giraffe.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:14

21 y/o Male from United States
Sirch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Re: Amphetamines have finally lost there worth.

That's crazy, because there is most definitely physical and psychological dependance here. The only thing I can say for your giraffe, is to maybe hide the pills? That probably won't help much, but there are only 2 other options I see that are realisticl. 1) simply having the mental strength to one day say "this is enough, this will no longer continue from here on out"And 2) hit rock bottom. Well, he could also try to start seeing a psychiatrist, but that would also be hard for your giraffe. One. More option is to maybe have him read multiple cases where an addiction such as your giraffe's have completely destroyed said people's lives. Maybe reading those will open his eyes, and allow him to actully say on his own "this is enough, this will no longer continue from here on out". I hope I was at least some help, I wish your giraffe the best of luck on his journey to healing.
Old 14-03-2012, 03:04

24 y/o Male from United States
dshrute13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

My pet giraffe has started seeing a psychiatrist since the original post date. Things are starting to look up for him.
Old 19-03-2012, 01:03
Banned

36 y/o Male from United States
Kidx needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshrute13 View Post
My pet giraffe is no stranger to Amphetamine, and he thinks that they are no longer worth the mind-twisting comedown that he gets from them. He remembers back in the day when he could pop 60mg XR and feel amazingly euphoric, energetic, and social all day long. Not to mention focused! My pet giraffe can draw the most intricate, abstract drawings when on a good dose. However nowadays he finds himself having to take more and more just to feel half as good as he used to. Which isn't a problem in and of itself because tolerance is just something one has to realize will happen over a long enough time of use. But it's these wicked comedowns that he can't handle anymore. The Amphetamine psychosis started out not too bad. Just slight feelings of paranoia that would come in waves for no longer than a day. But now my pet giraffe spends up to 3 days fighting a battle in his mind trying to convince himself that what he's hearing isn't real. The worst part is he knows the thoughts are only happening because of the psychosis, but he can't shake them. Not to mention the olfactory hallucinations (smell hallucinations) which make it even harder to put the crazy thoughts to rest. All said and done when the amphetamine psychosis finally wears off my pet giraffe is back to normal...wanting to dose again. It's a vicious cycle that he is struggling to break every day. My pet giraffe does not recommend ever taking Amphetamines for anything other then studying. You really do not want to experience amp-psychosis from what I have heard. "The road of amphetamine abuse is full of surprises. Fun at first, but a constant hell later."-My pet giraffe.
Damn, it seems like you're proud that you abused your meds, and planned to abuse them all along. How are you getting enough prescribed to be able to take so many?
Old 26-03-2012, 18:26

Male from Earth
angryJackel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidx View Post
Damn, it seems like you're proud that you abused your meds, and planned to abuse them all along. How are you getting enough prescribed to be able to take so many?
I don't think his giraffe is necessarily proud of it bro. I freaking love my meds, but I can tell you honestly I wish I could function without them. The energy and euphoria is truly amazing, I don't see why it shouldn't have some kind of fond memory of the experience. I miss my first few days on ADHD meds when I felt like a god and could practice my bass guitar for hours and write music until the inevitable comedown.
Old 27-03-2012, 18:38
Palladium Member

Female from USA - Washington
sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.sassyspy must live here.
Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6 Points: 1,697, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidx View Post
MANY people take them initially to get high and for no other reason, so they do get them to 'abuse' them.
You don't always need a prescription to get them, they are readily available on the street.

He doesn't sound proud to me, seems more regretful than anything else.

Additionally, his later post indicates he is getting help for the problem.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, drugs-forum

Sitelinks: Information: