Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 21-03-2012, 20:08
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Re: Stocking up for my cold turkey

Yup, 2 8mg is all you need. Some people do it comfortably with only 1 8mg tablet/film. Suboxone is crazy potent stuff. The films are better, because there isn't as much saliva build up while you wait for them to dissolve, and they can be split (cut) more accurately.

Anyway, the goal is to get "okay", then taper from there quickly. You will probably not feel great the first day on Suboxone, but you can function. It would probably be a good idea to do your dope in the morning, then start the Suboxone the next morning. Only do the one dose of dope in the morning.

2mg to start, with another 2mg in 3 or 4 hours if needed. I wouldn't go over 6mg the first day, and 4mg really should be fine. Like I said, you're not gonna feel GREAT regardless; you won't be sick, though.

Then just go down slow from there, & finish it up in 5-7 days.

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good valid info for the OP the have the detox as fast&easy as possible.
Old 21-03-2012, 20:24
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%

dopefromie,
aside to every thing Kailey_elise said above I want to provide you with further info on buprenorphine (subutex, suboxone).
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...sharing+thread
this here:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=160680
and this one:
https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=76991,
a general thread about opiate detox.

Good luck
and be sure about the way you want to go BEFORE you proceed.
We are with you in this.

TBBW
Old 22-03-2012, 03:08
Titanium Member

31 y/o Female from United States
MoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way up
Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

At the peak of my habit (last Christmas) I was on 100+ mg of oxycodone per day. I went to a detox center and they did a 5 day rapid Suboxone taper. They started with 16 mg on day one; I admit I was pretty high on that but didn't really realize it at the time because it felt different than a pill high. It went 16, 12, 8, 4, then 2. Personally, I felt absolutely no symptoms while in detox. But remember, everyone is different.

When you're on as much dope as I was, I think it's inevitable that you get a little sick, Suboxone or not. Two days after quitting the Suboxone I got sick as a dog for a few days. I am just thankful that it wasn't as bad or as long-lasting as it would've been had I gone cold turkey.
Old 22-03-2012, 06:36
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
dopefromie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2 Points: 216, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

the guy with the suboxone was a flake..i am still trying to locate some through my circle of "friends" i have a ton of xanax now though..

dopefromie added 36 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

its pretty fuckin sad that im telling myself i need al this shit to come off of it...cold turkey is possible... i just went out and bought another g...i dont understand how i can continue doing this to myself when i now how stupid it is...

Last edited by dopefromie; 22-03-2012 at 06:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-03-2012, 07:19
Titanium Member

47 y/o Male from United States
brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 553, Level: 3 Points: 553, Level: 3 Points: 553, Level: 3

If I may be so vain ... allow me to suggest reading my posts upthread once more ... esp. the part about how you're doing what addicts do, and how hard getting clean is to do on your own, and why this position you're in right now is so dangerous.

Dude ... opioids are BIGGER than us. More powerful than us. They can kick our asses, no problem. This ain't just happening to YOU, it's happened to damn near every single one of us you see posting on this board. You've admitted that kicking speed was nothing compared to heroin, and that is DAMN TRUE. Don't get me wrong, they're both hella addictive, and meth has similar relapse rates over time, but when it comes to acute detox phase ... heroin is on a completely different level.

You are going down a road you DO NOT want to go down brother. It's time to get REAL REAL serious. I don't wanna sound melodramatic, but your life is at stake here. You need to really start pondering your options, and put 'em ALL on the table. That may include the option of going to your loved ones and telling 'em you need money for a suboxone taper. For SURE it better include the option of telling them what's going on in general.

Keep posting brother!
Old 22-03-2012, 17:02
Silver Member

Ya man i know your right its just getting myself to do the stuff...there is no way i can involve my family in this..absolutely no way. And All meth does s cause a lil depression when you stop, the lifestyle is more a habbit than anything.. I just need to find some subs....i got a lot of people on it..i think ill find some sooner or later
Old 23-03-2012, 06:27
Titanium Member

brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.brettjv probably knows what they are talking about.

Well, if you absolutely can't involve the family ... find some meetings dude. You need face-to-face help, man. People who you feel accountable to. It's just too hard otherwise ... at least, that's what I think.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
Old 24-03-2012, 15:04
Silver Member

I ran outa dope just now....of course im picking up more...why do they make suboxone and methadone and shit that helps people so damn hard to get ahold of....It should be free for people who want to stop and change their lives..$700 To get treated on suboxone?? Ridiculous and of course the methadone clinic i found that was cheap is like 30 miles from here and id have to drive there every day, which woul cost a fortune in gas....the government doesnt want people to get better....

dopefromie added 37 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Got ahold of some 10 mg methadone....how much of these do i need to take to feel good while kickin? ill google in the mean time..bt so far all ive found is people trying to get high

dopefromie added 531 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

i know have 6 10 mg methadone pills....anyone know if this will be enough to kick my habit

dopefromie added 653 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

at what doses would i do the rapid methadone detox..i have 6 10 mg tabsets..i can get at least 2-3 more....or i might be able to get 3, 8 mg suboxone tablets later today..we will see...

the only reason i havnt started the methadone is because i cant find good info on what kinda dosing to take..most doses i Search up are very high, one guy on theses forums suggested something like..

5/5/5/2.5/2.5/2.5/1/1/1 or something like that...will 5 mg of methadone be enough to make me feel ok?

Any other info on a good methadone dosing. Again. I for sure have 80 mg's worth maybe 90 ...in pill form

Last edited by dopefromie; 24-03-2012 at 15:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-03-2012, 15:07
Titanium Member

Obviously Dope you'll want to do as little methadone as possible to 'cover' you. If you're real lucky, 1 of the 10mg pills will take the edge off (edit: um ... 5mg ... that's probably asking too much ).

I have to say I'd probably want a little more than 60mg to try taper off of, but you certainly could have a go at a quick taper here using those 6.

AFA the government goes ... well, Obama is trying to get everyone health coverage, but his political opposition is dead-set on vilifying him for trying to do so, along with attempting to block his plan at every step. Someone has to pay the $700, and they don't want their billionaire buddies to have to pay higher taxes so that the government can afford to help out people like you.

Most Democrats in the government would like to see a national single-payer health-care system for all Americans (like Medicare for all), which would of course cover something like a suboxone detox for a struggling addict who wants to get clean.

Just saw your edits: 2-3 more would make it a bit easier I think. One other thing ... DON'T TAKE the methadone until you find out about the Subs. Or if you've already started the methadone, cancel your sub order. Switching from methadone to subs is HORRIBLE, and personally if it were me I'd prefer to taper on subs (other may disagree) but for sure you want to just pick one or the other.
Old 24-03-2012, 23:04
Silver Member

i have a way to get subs but its over an hour away..

dopefromie added 222 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Ok SWEET!!.. I picked up on Four 8mg Suboxone strips...so that should help me through this whole thing..and ill just get rid of the methadone elsewhere..

Last edited by dopefromie; 24-03-2012 at 23:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-03-2012, 23:26
Silver Member

22 y/o Female from United States
pinky808 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopefromie View Post
i have a way to get subs but its over an hour away..

dopefromie added 222 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Ok SWEET!!.. I picked up on Four 8mg Suboxone strips...so that should help me through this whole thing..and ill just get rid of the methadone elsewhere..
yayy subs > methadone.

For my oxy habit, I kicked it using just 1 8 mg sub and saving it through out 3 days. It really makes it a LOT easier. I've seen a lot of friends on methadone and I don't think I would do it because they gained a lot of weight, have to go everyday, and from what I've seen it seems like methadone is harder to quit then suboxone (but i don't know this from personal experience)

Don't forget to think positively, I know it's hard but it makes it that much better

good luck to you

PS: i got my sub from a friend, I tried to enter a suboxone program or get prescribed it but like you said in your earlier post its hundreds of fucking dollars! Thats retarded, like it's easier to get drugs on the street and cheaper too??? Ironic
Old 25-03-2012, 07:47
Silver Member

Ya the price of suboxone treatment is so ridiculous it ricockulous...Any Idea of a taper I should do? so i have a total of 32 mg..last time i was sick for at least 7 days..and that was a much shorter binge...
Old 25-03-2012, 15:36
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Australia
Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.Black Transit Blues is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

I can't understand the US system,why is methadone detox cheap but subbies expensive?Obviously the government subsidises methadone but not subutex/suboxone - makes no sense whatsoever unless subutex is just a much more expensive drug and they don't think the taxpayer is willing to subsidise it when methadone can still do the job.

Down here there is not this strange schism between the two drugs, detox centres prescribe both methadone and subs although subbies are taking over, most people on methadone are either long term maintenence clients who were on it before subutex arrived or people on court ordered "treatment" programs.Strangely enough if the courts order you onto a treatment program the detox will nearly always put you on methadone maintenence even if you only have a baby habit.

So how does our health system compare to Americas if you have a junk habit?Well down here you really have three options.

Option 1 In patient treatment - free in public hospitals but there can be a long waiting list to get in, you can go private and get in straight away but it is very fuckin expensive, for people with very rich parents who have not yet given up all hope.

Option 2 Out patient treatment. -There are three different routes you can take here.First you can go through a public detox centre, either ring and make an appointment or rock up at the door and tell them you want to go on the program.
There is usually a three or four day gap until you collect your first dose as the wheels of bureaucracy crunch the paperwork.It's free if you go to centre to get your dose, however you can arrange to take your dose at your nearest chemist (drug store) if you do this you are charged a dispensing fee $5.90.Some chemists don't participate but most do as the government pays them to and it's easy money for the shop owner.

Option 2 is a private GP. You can get the ball rolling more quickly this way and it will still involve heading to the chemist every day to stick your subbies under your tongue and paying the six bucks, the fly in the ointment is that a lot of GP's just will not be in it, they will say they are not experienced enough to be able to dose you, or they are not licensed to prescribe subs/ methadone or quite simply they do not want your kind of patient.

Option 3 is a Private Psychiatrist. Expensive unless you can find one that is willing to charge only the medicare schedule fee (then it is effectively free, but they are hard to find otherwise your looking at a ninety buck "gap" each visit)also you will have a couple of weeks wait to get into one.You might get some more "creative" treatment methods suggested if you go down this path, for eg seroquel mixed with rapid phyceptone detox, that kind of thing, if your paying big bucks they gotta offer something different to make the money seem worth it.

Black Transit Blues added 12 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

I might add that all this may sound very generous in comparison to the States but the cost of living down here is higher and if you work you pay a lot more tax, especially if your on big bucks, at the end of the day someones gotta pay for it all.

Post Quality Evaluations:
would make an interesting story. alas it's off topic and doesn't add to the thread.

Last edited by Black Transit Blues; 25-03-2012 at 15:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-05-2012, 18:16

36 y/o Female from United States
mxfrog816 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Someone please help me understand this Percocet withdrawal symptom

Hi, I am new to this site and I am sure I am not posting in the correct form. But I just need help. I am on day 9 from stopping Percocet. I was taking 160 mgs a day for 2 years. They are prescribed to me by my Pain Management Dr. The withdrawals have been pure hell for me and I am just now starting to feel functional again. My question is about a side effect I am having that is unusual and I cant seem to get any information about it on the internet. About 48 hrs of stopping the Percocet, my mouth and throat feel like it's on fire. It hurts to smoke, drink carbonated drinks, and eat anything spicy or crunchy. My face is also having cold sweats. It this part of Percocet withdrawal? If so, how long does this last? I can't take this anymore! Please help! Thank you )
Old 22-05-2012, 20:49
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Pogue is a decent psychonaut.Pogue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopefromie View Post
SO i finally just tonight came up on 10 xanax bars, and i already have about 3 footballs too,i alsot have a good amount of very good cannabis, and ten 10/325 percocet .

Ive never takin anything while in w/d and have only w/d once...it was only after 2 weeks of smoking about .3 .4 a day of tar..and i was feelin horrible for about 7 days. A couple questions i have are.should i even take the percocet when things get really bad?? or will they just make it worse when they wear off?? Also i have no experiance with xanax not sure how much to take to sleep during with drawl, i weigh about 260, and will be coming off of a .4 a day tar habbit, ive been smoking for about 2 months this time. Will my w/d be worse than last time? since i was only on for two weeks last time??

Any help will be greatly appreciate..and i did use the search function, just looking for more specific answers
I'm coming off heroin myself at the moment. But it's not that low grade tar heroin, the stuff we get here in Ireland is Afghan brown powdered heroin. Strong shit. I'm sure the withdrawals are nightmarish for both types though. I've just been to a drugs counsellor today, to help with my struggle through the withdrawals. I have been taking Xanax to help with the restlessness, and just to put me in a general haze to get through the worst parts of the withdrawal.

However, I was told today that taking benzos (like Xanax) slow down the withdrawals, depressing the nervous system, effectivly lengthening the time of your torture.

I personally wouldn't touch the percoset, but that's entirely up to you. If you have them, and your an addict, you'll probably take them anyway.

And my final point is on the cannabis. While some people find it a great help during withdrawal, I do not. I'm a heavy cannabis smoker, but when I smoke during withdrawals, I get severely anxious. My blood pressure increases and it makes me way more aware of my sickness.

So to answer your question, I think it's best to try ride it out with next to nothing. Drink plenty of fluids, and if your gonna lean on something let it be a few joints if it works for you.

All the best,

Pogue

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, marijuana, percocet, xanax