Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-03-2012, 19:14

Male from Earth
2C-X is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Which drugs are safe in combination with Fluoxetine (SSRI)?

AFOAF wants to know which drugs are safe to use in combination with Fluoxetine (40mg daily) without causing serious things like serotonin syndrome or ending up taking some without having any effects.

Type of drugs: stimulants and hallucinogens.
Old 16-03-2012, 00:14
Silver Member

Female from Australia
pinkraine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Re: Which drugs are safe in combination with Fluoxetine (SSRI)?

SWIM is also on Fluoxetine (40mg) and suggests that SWIY doesn't take MDMA or ecstasy, based on the fact that Fluoxetine (SSRI) blocks the reuptake of serotonin in the brain, while MDMA increased the productivity of serotonin in the brain, therefore is working against the anti-depressant and will result in a neutral effect. Don't recommend, as it is a waste of time and money.

SWIM has used marijuana on a regular basis and this has not affected SWIM's medication or the effect. Cocaine is a dopamine agonist which increases the productivity of dopamine in the brain and is therefore not affected by the serotonergic system. Alternatively, Amphetamines are also dopamine agonists and won't be affected by SSRI's.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, hope i helped.
Old 16-03-2012, 02:25
Silver Member

Male from United States
cannabinoid420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1

Hey,

Honestly, there is not a correct answer to this question as each person reacts differently to the SSRIs. When I used to take 40mg of fluoxetine daily, I used to experience a super rare side effect which was very bad. It completely eliminated my depression caused by anxiety, however I had bad reactions to the medication. My eye sight would become distorted almost like the fram rates in a move are broken up (frame vision, stop motion like). I would smoke weed on prozac and it would make these symptoms worse. DO NOT TAKE ANY DRUGS THAT RASE SERATONIN (xtc, amphetamines). Seratonin Syndrom sucks and I experience it once and a while just from taking so many SSRI's and wellbutrin. I wish you luck !~
Old 16-03-2012, 17:00

Male from Earth

Thanks for the answers. Let's make a list of which drugs are safe or not safe in combination with fluoxetine. To be well-organized.

Safe:
-
-
-
-
-
-

Not safe:
-
-
-
-
-
-

List of drugs:
- 2C-B
- 4-fluor-amfetamine (4-fmp)
- Amphetamine
- Benzo Fury
- Cocaīne
- Ketamine
- LSD
- Mephedrone
- MDMA
- Magic Mushrooms
- Speed
- XTC

We can make the list together and everyone is welcome to help.

I think it's very helpfull for my friend and other people who are in the same situation.
Old 18-03-2012, 19:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
cannabinoid420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1

Making this kind of list will only give general guidance on drugs interactions as everyone reacts differently with different drug combinations. It is not safe to take SSRIs with drugs that increase seratonin as this can lead to Seratonin Syndrome and very adverse reactions.

DO NOT TAKE
-OPIODS (OXYCODONE, HYDROCODONE)
-AMPHETAMINES
-COCCAINE
-LSD

XTC is a controversial one as much of my research has shown that the experience varies for different users. Some people report no effect (rolling) from XTC while taking an SSRI while others experience Seratonin Syndrome and are in a serious inbalance of seratonin for a period up to a week after use.

Of course there can be possible interactions with other drugs to cause adverse effects. Know your body and mind and stay safe. Moderation is key. Speak to your doctor ALWAYS as they will have the correct advice and knowledge. Do not rely on forums for medicinal advice.
Old 18-03-2012, 21:38

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabinoid420 View Post
Making this kind of list will only give general guidance on drugs interactions as everyone reacts differently with different drug combinations. It is not safe to take SSRIs with drugs that increase seratonin as this can lead to Seratonin Syndrome and very adverse reactions.

DO NOT TAKE
-OPIODS (OXYCODONE, HYDROCODONE)
-AMPHETAMINES
-COCCAINE
-LSD

XTC is a controversial one as much of my research has shown that the experience varies for different users. Some people report no effect (rolling) from XTC while taking an SSRI while others experience Seratonin Syndrome and are in a serious inbalance of seratonin for a period up to a week after use.

Of course there can be possible interactions with other drugs to cause adverse effects. Know your body and mind and stay safe. Moderation is key. Speak to your doctor ALWAYS as they will have the correct advice and knowledge. Do not rely on forums for medicinal advice.
AFOAF knows that drugs reacts differently on every person, especially psychological. But he only want to know if those combinations with a SSRI are bad for your body (Seratonin Syndrome etc). He think it's possible to make a list if we only watch to the consequences for your body.

So we can put XTC also on the not safe/ not working list.

Safe/ Working:
-
-
-
-
-
-

Not safe/ Not working:
- LSD
- Cocaīne
- Amphetamine
- Opioid
- XTC
-

Something like this?

Old 25-03-2012, 11:38
Silver Member

Female from Australia
pinkraine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

See I've asked a similar question and got an answer that amphetamines and opiods were relatively safe to use with an SSRI. I understand that everyone is affected differently by these, but I am yet to find a conclusive answer.
Old 15-04-2012, 16:02
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from Australia
kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.kumar420 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 399, Level: 3 Points: 399, Level: 3 Points: 399, Level: 3
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

AFOAF has used mushrooms on 20mg/day fluoxetine and was fine, she would think that LSD and phenythylamines would be fine as well. she is particularly curious about as to whether or not anyone has tried 2-CB, 2CE, 2CP, 25C-nBome, 25i-nbome and mescaline whilst on this particular medications
she has also heard that X either causes serotonin syndrome or doesnt work, and has heard conflicting reports on the subject and would like to know what the truth is
medical sites also say that benzos are made more potent by inhibition of some CYP liver enzyme, does anyone know to what extent? e.g. if she was to take .5mg alprazolam, would be completely useless for the day or would she be OK at uni? she knows that this combo would have been used at least once to treat some kind of anxiety/depression combination disorder.
Old 30-04-2012, 17:08
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar420 View Post
AFOAF has used mushrooms on 20mg/day fluoxetine and was fine, she would think that LSD and phenythylamines would be fine as well. she is particularly curious about as to whether or not anyone has tried 2-CB, 2CE, 2CP, 25C-nBome, 25i-nbome and mescaline whilst on this particular medications
she has also heard that X either causes serotonin syndrome or doesnt work, and has heard conflicting reports on the subject and would like to know what the truth is
medical sites also say that benzos are made more potent by inhibition of some CYP liver enzyme, does anyone know to what extent? e.g. if she was to take .5mg alprazolam, would be completely useless for the day or would she be OK at uni? she knows that this combo would have been used at least once to treat some kind of anxiety/depression combination disorder.
Inhibition of CYP2D6 (I believe, easy to check) is what will potentiate benzos.
0.5mg of Xanax isn't a high dose. Judge what it does to you normally and then imagine how you would be on twice that amount.

Note: This is not a safe way to dose, as these drugs are powerful enough without inhibition of liver enzymes.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:19

27 y/o Female from Canada
pinkgurl87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I think combining any drug with SSRI can be dangerous, then again I was using crack and smoking weed, drinking alcohol and using Ecstasy and I didn't have any problems with it.
Old 02-06-2012, 17:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from United States
AdderallAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

My skrink has my friend on Prozac 20mg, Adderall, Hydroxyzine 25mg. She takes them every day together and don't have a problem. She also goes out usually every other weekend and has a few cocktails . . . or 9. Eh. Weed is also good for her. She used to have REALLY bad panic attacks so she stopped smoking . . . but good ole' Fluoxetine seems to keep the paranoid thoughts at bay.

Just don't mix street drugs - ever - you never know what's in them for sure. ESPECIALLY Ecstacy and Acid - I've heard a few horror stories, man.

And if you're ever concerned about prescription pill interactions, call the pharmacy . . . they seem to be much smarter than doctors about this kinda thing. Walgreens even has an online chat room where you can go and ask all kinds of questions anonymously.
Old 22-06-2012, 15:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Earth
Hellestopholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1 Points: 40, Level: 1

Observations + Direct Experience survived by maintaining healthy diet, water intake and as much sleep as possible(guided by excessive online and hard copy medical research beforehand) =

Fluoxetine, which 'the mad scientist' is on 20mg daily, mixed just fine with;

-Cannabis and synthetic equivalents (although you cannot get as high without several times the dose, sedation during comedown works) Weed habit becomes ridiculously expensive. Pointless now

-LSD, Mescaline (Very mild effect after a few weeks of Fluox therapy. Waste of good psychedelics)

-Psilocybin. No issues. Worked as well as it ever did!

-MXE. Seemed to be no noticeable interaction. Lots of MXE taken over several months....

-Never came across any negative interactions with Opiates , even after many years of a horrid narc habit. Not that you ever want to mess with that cruel Master of Puppets - (unless you enjoy more suffering than good times)
....We Always need more. And I mean NEED. If you haven't been there - don't.

-MPH and Ethylphenidate. No problems at all, apart from making it a lot easier to take breaks from the stims by shortening recovery time.....so far. Makes it a little too easy to binge so be careful. Never tried Crystal Meth and frankly I'd rather not.

Every human is BIOCHEMICALLY DIFFERENT and I wouldn't take any cashe forum post as gospel. Do as much VARIED research as you can and then take the risk - or don't.

Last edited by Hellestopholes; 23-06-2012 at 03:00.
Old 22-06-2012, 20:34

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Ishwoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Personally i find prozac and MDMA can be a good trip depending on the strength of the MDMA. It sure does lessen the effects, but if you take more i find the paranoia and uncomfortable feelings than can be associated with MDMA aren't increased, while some of the good ones are. I have experienced MDMA a huge number of times but the first time i ever did it (during this time i had been on prozac for 2 years and was still taking it) it was also one of the smoothest times ive ever had on it. Take a bit for yourself and see because i've read stories of people taking it while on prozac and feeling absolutely nothing

Share this on:

Tags
25i-nbome, ethylphenidate, fluoxetine, fluoxetine combinations