Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 30-12-2011, 07:51
Silver Member

Male from United States
Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%
How do you personally deal with amphetamine comedown?

Though there are many threads on the comedown associated with meth/amphetamines comedowns, I think it'd be OK to have a sort of "collection" on what DFers do personally.

It might help to include the amounts and which substance you did (other stimulants are allowed too if desired), and the time spent awake during the binge. Also, explaining eating/drinking/sleeping habits during the binge can help too, but mostly I want to know what individuals do specific to their comedown.

Do SWIY just sleep for 15 hours, wake up and pig out, and start all over again?
Do SWIY eat healthy foods, take vitamins, drink water, etc. including during the binge?
Do SWIY use other medications, from Benadryl to Benzodiazepines/other downers to knock SWIY out? And any variance of these questions, of course.

What about the emotional/mental impacts?

Explain the techniques you use to either help comfort yourself or prevent from using again. For example, you could curl up in a ball and use sheer will power to fight cravings, or perhaps you call a close friend to have someone to talk to and help ease the discomfort of the comedown.

How bad is your comedown?

I found a letter at my door that happened to talk about this topic, but I think I'll post it later so as not to make this post laboriously long and detract possible repliers...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please refrain from using any form of SWIM, it is banned.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:29

Female from United States
jen1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: How do you personally deal with amphetamine comedown?

-alcohol (1-2 shots, not too much)
-FOOD! it's important to eat because you probably haven't eaten all day
-5-htp works well, SWIM stopped taking it because of a rumored risk of heart problems associated with it, but that's debatable
-chill out and do something relaxing, like read, take a bath, listen to music
-exercise! The best antidote to the comedown is an endorphin high.
Old 11-03-2012, 22:30
Silver Member

Female from United States
The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.The_Joker is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3 Points: 367, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Depends what i am using the amphetamine for and how much of a dose i had taken.

Ritalin IR, taken as prescribed, i would get a somewhat nasty little crash a few hours later where i would be pissy and kind of tired and out to lunch. I didnt really know what to do about it but i just kind of took the next dose. I will say that it is a nasty little up and down rollercoaster all day. If i took a weekend off i did not really find myself craving it but if you abuse it, it is very "more-ish", almost like cocaine, and if you are trying to get high off it, i found when i had abused it, the comedown was horrendous. And really i was just taking more and more of it, trying to get someplace i was never going to get from it. Kind of like blue balls in a pill.

Recently started Vyvanse (last week), so far liking it. No noticeable come up or come down and very long lasting.

Meth, when used in the past, would be used to the point nothing was going to keep me from crashing as i was a walking skeletal zombie. The enjoyable part of it was over soon and then it was simply chasing a high i would never get back. Eventually would crash out and sleep a long time, maybe 14-16 hours. Wake up pissed off, hungover, and starving. Very moody, going from irritable to tearful all day. Wanted to do nothing but lay around, nap, and eat. Making it through work was torture. Only cure? More speed. Otherwise this goes on a long while, and you feel it will never end and you will never feel better again. Eventually you do, but damn. Its not a good thing to get started.

Weed will help you crash out from it and make it less unpleasant. Just dont go to sleep and burn the house down. Get you a nice bong. LOL

Lots of food and sleep will help. Wow i can remember that. Wake up and your mouth tastes like an ass, everything aches, and your so hungry you feel like your stomach is digesting itself. I can remember standing in front of the fridge eating stupid shit like a chunk of velveeta and wishing anyone around me would just die. LOL
Old 13-03-2012, 01:19

Male from Canada
suboxonesubutex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

first, a benzodiazepine: preferably diazepam or temazepam. second, water and lots of it. third, FOOD.

A nice hot shower helps too
Old 13-03-2012, 01:37
Silver Member

Male from United States
It's 4:20 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1

A nice Xanax bar helps keep the shadowfriends from bothering Swim all night long....boy that feeling sure is fun but when it starts wearing off you know its time to pay up in your figurative deal with the Devil. Swim seems to have a hard time remembering how bad it ended last time he took those pretty clear pills every time he takes them!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:03
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Bottled Up Like Dope is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie Daddy View Post
Though there are many threads on the comedown associated with meth/amphetamines comedowns, I think it'd be OK to have a sort of "collection" on what DFers do personally.

It might help to include the amounts and which substance you did (other stimulants are allowed too if desired), and the time spent awake during the binge. Also, explaining eating/drinking/sleeping habits during the binge can help too, but mostly I want to know what individuals do specific to their comedown.

Do SWIY just sleep for 15 hours, wake up and pig out, and start all over again?
Do SWIY eat healthy foods, take vitamins, drink water, etc. including during the binge?
Do SWIY use other medications, from Benadryl to Benzodiazepines/other downers to knock SWIY out? And any variance of these questions, of course.

What about the emotional/mental impacts?

Explain the techniques you use to either help comfort yourself or prevent from using again. For example, you could curl up in a ball and use sheer will power to fight cravings, or perhaps you call a close friend to have someone to talk to and help ease the discomfort of the comedown.

How bad is your comedown?

I found a letter at my door that happened to talk about this topic, but I think I'll post it later so as not to make this post laboriously long and detract possible repliers...
Swim's comedowns aren't near as terrible now that he is on an anti-depressant. Swim used to binge for days without sleep, but no longer does this and makes sure to at least get a few hours sleep every 24 hours. The longer one is awake the worse the comedown is based on swim's experience. Swim doesn't tend to eat or drink a lot during amp use, or try to "be healthy" during use. When it is time to go to sleep, swim usually drinks a lot of beer rather quickly or really, swim has kind of reached a point where he can fall asleep still high on them. If one doesn't want to consume alcohol, an over the counter sleep med can be helpful. Swim tends to sleep excessively without the amps, at least prior to the anti-depressant (swim takes daily as prescribed), which seems to have really smoothed out the extremes of amp use/abuse. To comfort himself, swim likes to contemplate the previous run that he is coming down off of, and think about what a good time it was, and remind himself that he will experience that again whether tomorrow or 3 weeks from then. The best thing for swim to come down though is weed.
Old 13-04-2012, 06:27
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

small meals while spun and a lot of fluid.
Once it wears off I'll lay down in a dark room and lightly think to myself until I sleep. No exterior stimulation.
Once I get a full night sleep (10hrs+) I relax and really can't do much. And then realize that this is life without speed. Slow and unmotivated. Oh yea I always make sure that it's on a sunday when I crash. That's my day of rest and you'll be lucky to see me come out of my room, recovering from a binge or not. Monday sucks, but getting back into the groove of things is kinda nice once you're there.
Old 13-04-2012, 06:52
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

My top suggestion would be to just get away from everyone. Especially other meth users. Odds are they will just piss you off and get in the way of you sleeping.

Of course this isn't a recommendation but personally I would use heroin to come down. Just laying down, watching something boring on tv so I don't feel the need to stay up and see what happens.

I'm pretty amazed you guys feel better after 15 hours of sleep. Most of the time when I would fall asleep it would be for around 24 hours or so. I've been told I thrash around and talk and do other weird things when I'm sleeping through a comedown so maybe I need more sleep because my sleep isn't peaceful?
Old 15-04-2012, 12:39

21 y/o Male from Netherlands
Jake222 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Not very sure how it would be for speed, but when SWIM takes MDMA, he realises the comedown can suck. SWIM will usually smoke some weed when he is coming down or other times his dealer will give him a pill called 5-HTP. SWIM's dealer says it helps with rebuilding the seretonin levels (he recommends taking it before you go to bed)
Old 15-04-2012, 13:06
Silver Member

Male from United States
EternalReality is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

SWIM's comedown remedy cycle- right when comedown hits- eats some "healthy" food.
drinks plenty water.
3 hours after comedown hits- consumes benzo's (usually 2mg xanax)
about 30 minutes after consuming Xanax 2mg, SWIM falls asleep for 10-18 hours (depending on when he wakes up.
when waking up. -eat a few vitamin suplements. (if any on hand)
Old 17-04-2012, 01:56

24 y/o Male from United States
Pharmaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Swim has been trying many different amphetamine "comedown" solutions.
side note: Swim is 6'2, 175 pounds and Takes Citalopram 40mg nightly
The following advice is the healthiest and economical solution Swim has found to be very effective.
The perfect remedy for an amphetamine come down to the best of Swims knowledge:

First Eat a moderate size meal along with a Multi-Vitamin
80 mg of Caffeine (drinking this while eating)
Wait about 10-15 minutes for the caffeine to kick in and food to settle.
Next ingest 50 Mg of DiphenHydramine, 6mg of Melatonin, 2 large glasses of water, 2 Ibuprofen, and Two excedrin(extra strength).
Dim lights and put on relaxing music, Swims favorite is "Wonderful Chill Out Music Beach Lounge Mix" by Tekiu
Calms Forte sleep aid - 3 tablets
Smoke a Cigarette if needed.

Swims Explanation behind the remedy:
The meal and multi-vitamin will give your body a stable source of energy and provide a good ingestion environment.
The Caffeine will keep the user alert or bring alertness back to a fatigued brain. Reducing the difference between an amphetamine stimulated brain and a normal brain. Effect: will not feel as "depressed"
The DiphenHydramine is a Relatively non- habit forming "downer" that is intensified by the Melatonin. These two combined will put the body in a relaxed state of being. The mind still being alert from the caffein will tend to mellow out after the DiphenHydramine and Melatonin, putting the mind into an "in between" very sober, for lack of a better word,state of being.
Ibuprofen, and Excedrine Extra-strength composed of (Acetaminophen, Aspirin,Caffeine) Will thin blood, relief of all types of pain and by mixing 3 different pain relievers you are not putting to much of any one directly into your liver.
The relaxing Music and Dim lights are effective in stress/anxiety relief.
The Calms Forte are homeopathic and excellent at stress relief.
If you are a fan of Cigarettes, one cig to give it the final touch leaving a nice tobacco aroma while relaxing and listening to the music.
Sipping on a cup of water for the next 3 hours as well.
All in all Swim has used this technique over 30 times and each time has proven to be beneficial and causes swim to almost forget he was on the amphetamine in the first place. Usually the relaxing music and natural Relaxants cause swim to lose to craving for the speediness the amphetamine had created.

Before finding Swims comedown remedy swim used to suffer from bad headaches and depressed anxiety. Now Swim no longer feels these two emotions after amphetamine use come down
Old 18-04-2012, 16:48
Mercury Member

27 y/o Male from Netherlands
chocolatecake needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

sleep a lot
cry
drink water
wait for the pain to go away.
do nothing all day except watching tv
Old 21-04-2012, 04:47

Male from United States
snatcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Surprising that no one has mentioned GHB (Xyrem). You get (sub-hypnotic dosage):
  • Activation across GABA without the blunting, over-sedation and destroyed sleep micro-architecture of Benzos (Xanax, Valium, etc)
  • Slight Opioid activity without the comedown and Testosterone/hormone suppression of Hydrocodone, Oxycontin, Heroin, etc.
  • Lowered inhibition and just plain ol' fun attitude without the Alcohol (gross)

And when you finally need to get to bed (dosage 2-4 grams):
  • Substantial increase in stage IV sleep, so you actually rest within the normal 8 hours
  • Huge increases in pulsitile HGH (Human Growth Hormone) release, again, so you dont feel like rolled sh!t in the morning

Given high purity GHB (or better yet Xyrem), it is an excellent compound to be much more than just comfortable and have fun during the comedown hours, and to facilitate restorative sleep when the time comes.

That said, there is a big difference between "human" doses of pharmaceutical grade amphetamines taken orally, over the course of a day or night, and "elephant" doses of questionable grade amphetamines taken in every orifice over the course of several days and nights LOL. There is comedown, and then there is CoMeDown....

This would be a good time to load up on anti-oxidants and fish oil as well.
Old 29-04-2012, 16:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male from United States
steelydan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Easy
Change environment real quick
Really helps sometimes cigarettes other times not so much
Benadryl at 24 hour store $5
Open jaw stretch
Should of had a v8
Take a refreshing shower
Sugar (bad)
Tv sleep munchies
Don't drink
Restless pacing legs uncomfortable
Make a bowl movement
Old 29-04-2012, 17:00
Banned

23 y/o Male from United States
williamsnick606 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

xanax,5htp,fruit,shower,sleep and sometimes poppy tea with those there really is no comedown
Old 07-05-2012, 05:23
The cat who knocks

Male from Earth
coranub is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

I don't get comedowns. But i do remember to eat, get plenty of fluids and try not to think about the comedown. Its months since last comedown. In short: Eat, drink fluids, relax and remember it goes over.
Also, alcohol or weed is supposed to help, but i haven't tried that as a comedown cure so dont have much input about that.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
laurajones is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2 Points: 208, Level: 2
How do you personally deal with amphetamine comedown?

You know, after a usual few days of interest, herbal pills or another sleeping aid, lots, and bed, sleep, comedown is in your sleep, otherwise it's the worst! That was a long time ago, they get easier as you know what's involved, maybe you can psychologically condition yourself to cope. I did, now, after 6 months, I await the verdict, so far, meh.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:24

Male from Australia
jt70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Meth: Not that I use that much of it but when I do and am coming down, I tend to try and get as much fresh fruit and water into myself. Not even sure why, maybe it's some kind of subconscious thing.
In fact I even try and force myself to eat something while I'm on it, sometimes not with a lot of success I might add.
I always try and crash on a Sunday so I can get a reasonable night's sleep if possible, usually feel a little crap on a Monday but you get over it after a while.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:43

19 y/o Male from Earth
RCiJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0%

My friend needs a method to fight insomnia! He will binge all day to fight the withdrawal effects... He knows he is only making it worse by doing so but he cannot sleep which is what would cure him for the day. He is currently trying kava kava 500mg pills but he claims after eating 2,000mg nothing has been felt. He has been recommended diphenhydramine to knock him out but he went through an unhealthy addiction to those and will not use them. He feels lack of sleep is a huge factor to horrible withdrawals... It's just getting to sleep that's in his way lol.

Last edited by RCiJ; 10-10-2013 at 01:48.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:31

19 y/o Male from United States
g0dspeak should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCiJ View Post
My friend needs a method to fight insomnia! He will binge all day to fight the withdrawal effects... He knows he is only making it worse by doing so but he cannot sleep which is what would cure him for the day. He is currently trying kava kava 500mg pills but he claims after eating 2,000mg nothing has been felt. He has been recommended diphenhydramine to knock him out but he went through an unhealthy addiction to those and will not use them. He feels lack of sleep is a huge factor to horrible withdrawals... It's just getting to sleep that's in his way lol.
In my experience, a single quarter G of meth will have me awake for 2-3 days easily, btw the meth is gone the first day. I've always ridden it out from start to end.. usually have weed and sometimes alcohol; but unless you want to take a handful of pills or something; I suggest riding the drug out till the end... see what it's really about IMO.
Old 11-10-2013, 21:36

Female from USA - Connecticut
methylady is an unknown quantity at this point

vicodin or tapentadol usually helps. If that doesn't work, oxymorphone. If all else fails, xanax.

I just wanna add that I never want to recommend anyone else mix together this many meds. Mine are all prescription and I am 50 and a chronic pain patient, have a very high tolerance. Easy way to OD. Lots of celebs don't OD from high dose illegal meds, but small doses of legally rx's

Last edited by methylady; 13-10-2013 at 07:54.
Old 11-10-2013, 21:50

Male from United States
Zhivili should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

I've been prescribed a large number of stimulants as well as used a number of stimulants recreationally. I tended to get the crashes pretty bad for as long as I can remember.

My ultimate savior for this is weed. The overall high helps with the shit feelings physically and mentally and re-stimulates my appetite, which allows me to eat after a period of stimulant-induced lack of appetite. One generous rip tends to subside the worst of it without bringing much of a noticeable high, but more rips certainly don't hurt
Old 12-10-2013, 06:03

19 y/o Male from Earth
RCiJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0% Activity: 9.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivili View Post
I've been prescribed a large number of stimulants as well as used a number of stimulants recreationally. I tended to get the crashes pretty bad for as long as I can remember.

My ultimate savior for this is weed. The overall high helps with the shit feelings physically and mentally and re-stimulates my appetite, which allows me to eat after a period of stimulant-induced lack of appetite. One generous rip tends to subside the worst of it without bringing much of a noticeable high, but more rips certainly don't hurt
I had to quit smoking tree because of paranoia I don't wanna think how a comedown would be with it lol... Guess I easily overthink things if tree does that. It wasnt because I was a newbie I consider my self to be a well seasoned smoker at the time. Gotta be some sort of anxiety disorder though...
Old 12-10-2013, 14:13

Male from United States
Zhivili should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCiJ View Post
I had to quit smoking tree because of paranoia I don't wanna think how a comedown would be with it lol... Guess I easily overthink things if tree does that. It wasnt because I was a newbie I consider my self to be a well seasoned smoker at the time. Gotta be some sort of anxiety disorder though...
That sounds a lot like some friends I know who went too deep with psychedelics and get mega-paranoid on weed.
Old 23-10-2013, 17:44
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Jabbawaya is captain of the psychonauts.Jabbawaya is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2
Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6% Activity: 9.6%

How I deal with amphetamine comedown (as someone who does not re-dose amphetamines more than once in any given day -- I don't go on amph binges so YMMV):

- Small dose of some good chronic
- Kava extract, valerian extract, and/or passionflower extract for relaxation
- Magnesium before & after amphs helps reduce or prevent bruxism and muscle tension
- Yoga/stretching & meditation
- Doing something expressive like art or writing
- Benzodiazepine if I really need it (don't make a habit of this!)
- Not take such high doses of amphs or take less often...

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, amphetamine after effects, comedown, dexedrine, dextro-amphetamine, meth amphetamine, methamphetamine, stimulant crash