Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 07-03-2012, 06:23
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A few questions regarding kratom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utrider View Post
The methods for takin Kratom vary from chewing (nasty!!!), making tea (wasteful), toss&wash (some people dont like it), smoking (very wasteful and not recommended) and taking it with capsules. I prefer the capsule method:
From doing some research it seems if you can stomach the taste toss and wash is not a bad way to go. however, a couple of threads indicated getting ill (for a couple of hours) from the amount of plant material in your stomach. Now Outrider from the post quoted above recomends capsules which it seems would put the plant material in your stomach just as toss and wash making it possible to make you sick also.

Before doing research it seemed tea was the way to go. Outrider seems to think wastefull (not good because this stuff is not free)

So the advice I have for my friend so far is

3-5 grams powder for first time using kratom. (does anyone know if this is like a heaping teaspoon or a table spoon of kratom powder)

Besides that any advice I could pass on would be appreciated

will toss and wash make you ill (besides nasty taste).
is tea wastefull or is it the easy way it sounds like.
also is there a hang over (tired the next day)
should first time user try in morning afternoon or evening (does it make you tired during the day)

Any other info that might be helpfull
Old 07-03-2012, 10:53
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%
Re: A few questions regarding kratom

There are about 3 - 3.5 grams of finly powdered kratom in a level measuring teaspoon. This will depend on the cut of the powder, but itis for a measuring teaspoon and not any old teaspoon. Use a scale to be sure.

It might give you a little nausea, it may not. Its not a big deal, try it and see.

Tea is my favourite method. There are hundreds of threads in this forum on the different methods of taking kratom. Please read as many as possible before asking questions that have already been answered over and over again.

There is no real hangover, some peopel report feeling a nice relaxation the following day but it depends on how much you use and how long you have been using it.

It makes no difference when you take it, but take it on an empty stomach for the best results.

As for other info, start reading threads.
Old 07-03-2012, 21:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.

I don't know how you're fitting that much into a teaspoon ianzombie. In my experience a teaspoon holds a little over a gram, i used to use a tsp for measuring my kratom extract before I capped it, my scale can't read less than a gram but it didn't say it was anymore than one gram.

Now to the OP, personally I cap it, but if you don't have a machine you should toss and wash, it's less wasteful than the other methods. It is however not the easiest way to take it since you're basically swallowing powder, which is why I cap. The taste of this herb is horrendous.
Another way to take it is to mix the powder with ice cream or pudding. Easier to get down than tnw, not wasteful at all, but the taste is terrible.

Since this is your first time I recommend either tnw or mixing with something, because you don't want to mess up the tea and in my experience it's easy to mess up since the alkaloids can be destroyed at high temperatures.

A good kratom high can last between 6 and 8 hours. But you probably won't achieve that with just 3-5 g's of regular leaf. Most people take between 10 and 15g's of regular leaf. Personally I use alittle more than one gram of 30x extract. What you have will get rid of pain, and might give you a little euphroia, but it won't be much.

And it deffinitely makes you tired.
Old 07-03-2012, 21:28
Silver Member

Female from United States
slay13 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2 Points: 201, Level: 2

The tea is definitely easier to stomach than the powder. I put that one together when I got sick every time without fail when swallowing caps or toss and wash. But like zombie said, it's really not that big of a deal.
I also find that though kratom does make me tired after a few hours, the first hour or so it's stimulating. I even get a little "jittery" like after a cup of coffee almost and I also get pretty talkative. I would compare this to taking a few hydrocodones or even hitting a roxy. It's quite nice.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:30
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21 Points: 21,443, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleaf64 View Post
I don't know how you're fitting that much into a teaspoon ianzombie. In my experience a teaspoon holds a little over a gram, i used to use a tsp for measuring my kratom extract before I capped it, my scale can't read less than a gram but it didn't say it was anymore than one gram.
What sort of scale are you using that cant read less than a gram?
It cant be very accurate.

Here is finly powdered maeng da kratom, exactly 1 level measuring teaspoon full, weighed out on an inexpensive digital scale. As you can see it weighs 3 grams.

And to show the difference in weight, depending on the powder used, here is exactly 1 level measuring teaspoon of finly powdered kratom extract. As you can see it weighs 4.5 grams.

When we talk of using measurements of teaspoons or tablespoons we are supposed to be using proper measuring spoons, that are all the same size. Perhaps you are just using any old teaspoon? This might explain, when combined with a unreliable scale, why you dont know why i can fit 3+ grams into a teaspoon?

Obviously any old teaspoon taken from a drawer is not sufficient to measure anything accuratly as it could be any size and hold a completly different amount to the next spoon.

And if anyone is curious here are the same two kratom powders weighed using a measuring Tablespoon.

Here is the Finley powdered Maeng da. which weighs in at 7.7 grams.

Here is the Finley powdered kratom extract, which weighs in at 12.4 grams.

To clarify the method used, i scoop out a heaped tea/tablespoon of kratom powder and using a piece of card, or something like a credit card, i compress and level off the spoon, scraping off any excess untill it is level.

The final amount will depend on the coarsness of the powder, this is why it is always better to use a digital scale to get an accurate weight.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good information with quality visuals
Nice visual demonstration of scales at work. Also reiterates that you cannot judge mass by volumetric measurements like teaspoons.
Awesome job backing up what you say.

Last edited by ianzombie; 08-03-2012 at 10:43.
Old 08-03-2012, 16:46
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.makin probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3

Ianzombie you rock. That was exactly the information I was looking for. Those without a scale thank you.......

So my friend decided to make some tea yesterday using a teaspoon as a measuring device. probably around 3 grams. Low heat slow boil for 15 minutes let settle poured into cup and drank.

My friend emailed me
Quote:
Using product labeled Kratom - Premium ground leaf. Not much to speak of euphoria wise did notice an aftertaste and my tongue felt strange for about an hour. My hands did feel abnormally warm maybe increased heart rate or blood pressure. I will am considering toss and wash with 1.5 teaspoons next time.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.sweetleaf64 is captain of the psychonauts.

It's just a regular kitchen scale. I guess it isn't accurate because it totally reads that it's less than 2 grams. My mistake.

Well this is two times now that you have gotten the best of me ianzombie haha.

Post Quality Evaluations:
We're all here to learn. I was even wrong once!!
Old 11-03-2012, 14:43
Mercury Member

46 y/o Male from United States
Chaz5773 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

So I assume like regular RVT or MD talcum style powder a tsp would be 3 grams ? Would that be close to accurate ? No scale Is why My Buddy asked ?

Share this on:

Tags
kratom dose, kratom nausea, kratom questions