Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 02-03-2012, 09:28

25 y/o Male from Canada
Kamuix should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 379, Level: 3 Points: 379, Level: 3 Points: 379, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Positive Phenibut(Gamma-phen) Addiction Story

Having been using Phenibut for anxiety for about 8 months now I have to post this, because before using phenibut, every story of long term phenibut use I have ever read has been negative.

After I began using phenibut I found that it worked wonders with my social anxiety, my social anxiety was based on HSP(Highly sensetive person) and AVP(Avoidant Personality Disorder) Heavy deep thinking and oversensetivity to negative rejection. Over time this drug worked very directly at doing exactly what was needed in my mind to level everything out. I went through periods of time at first where I did too much and got ahead of myself, this is where you have to put mind over matter and take responsibility with your life and THINK about what you're needs are and how to acheive happiness, not get ahead of yourself, take too much over a period of time, make stupid decisions, than after WAY too much to the point where you build physicle tolerance and go through physical withdrawal, than turn around and blame the drug for all the stupid decisions you made while you were using the drug. All you're doing here is taking the responsibility off of yourself and blaming the drug, and therefor you're not taking the responsibility for yourself you're just blaming something else for your problems, this is in my opinion what pretty much everyone does when it comes to having used phenibut because after months of using the drug I would constantly go back and make corrections about my actions and as I did this things just got better and better, and of course i'm still working on my life, but i'm happier than i've ever been before and things just keep getting better without having to quit drugs, do you see the logic?

After about 5 months of using phenibut at 3 grams a day, after all the stories I read about phenibut I was sure I was going to go through terrible withdrawal and I was TERRIFIED! But as I came off, although my anxiety came back hard! I wasn't used to it at all and It wasn't easy re-adjusting and actually I never ended up re-adjusting because I decided life was better being on it(although i eventually decided it's alittle better at abit of a lower dose, 1 to 2 grams a day) But NO physical withdrawal, though I felt like if I had been doing anymore than 3 grams a day their probably would have been withdrawal because I would go through short periods of time where I would feel like going insane, but it was rare and breif(over a day of not being on phenibut) But no hardcore withdrawal like what you read about from other people.

I don't know of any negative long term health effects of this drug, but I know all phenibut is is GABA(gamma-Aminobutyric acid)(natural and healthy) with a phenyl ring attached to it(which is naturally in many alkaloids etc) So I can't see it being unhealthy from what I know sofar.

So why do people make stupid decisions, then blame their actions on the drug? maybe i'm crazy and one day i'll be back writting an anti-phenibut story, but.. does anyone get what i'm saying?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:09
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%
Re: Positive Phenibut(Gamma-phen) Addiction Story

Well just because something is basically just a natural neuro transmitter doesn't mean it's "natural and healthy". Think GHB and any number of other drugs that may be native to the brain but that doesn't stop them from being terrible for the body and mind when they are used and abused.

Afoaf is happy that you've had a positive experience with this substance. He has recently gone back to using it once(twice at most!) a week. However he likes to wash out for a full 6days after use to avoid any of the nastyness he suffered last year from this far from benign substance.

The withdrawals are nothing to be laughed at. Afoaf was lucky they occured when he was on holiday from work. Because he can imagine being very uncomfortable having to deal with people in that state. It would have been a very pathetic and humilating display to have been seen like that by people who respect him. He was a mess of anxiety, fatigue and general angst.

He only used it for 4weeks, washing out two to three days a week. He certainly wasn't expecting such an uncomfortable experience. So he can't let your post go unanswered, it could sway people in the wrong direction. Your acrobatic arguements sound a bit like something out of a self help website. This is not a harmless substance.

"But as I came off, although my anxiety came back hard! I wasn't used to it at all and It wasn't easy re-adjusting and actually I never ended up re-adjusting because I decided life was better being on it".

That statement is worrying because you seem to have given in to this mistress. One should never allow a drug to help you function everyday especially not a very potent one like this and especially not without a doctor's supervision.

Beware of any crutch that feels this good. That's all afoaf is saying. He treats this as a strictly recreational drug now. Physical withdrawals came on way too fast last time to merit this as an everyday supplement for life.

Last edited by xiaobendan; 02-03-2012 at 13:39.
Old 02-03-2012, 17:00

25 y/o Male from Canada

Sorry thanks for your reply and I do and will be careful, I mean phenibut is just one drug SWIM uses out of many and alone it doesn't make him feel that good, and he can usually lower his dosage and adjust just fine, he just finds it hard to go without because when he does he feels honestly that takes more of a tole on his life because he's highly emotionally sensative and it's really hard to be social and think clearly and confidently.

I'll try and be careful continueing to use this, you never know. Any other experiances? what happened when withdrawal came on?

Last edited by Kamuix; 04-03-2012 at 06:41.
Old 04-03-2012, 15:00
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from Ireland
xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.xiaobendan really adds to the discussion.
Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2 Points: 227, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Don't get afoaf wrong he does like phenibut and feels it is much better than benzos, barbs and booze for relieving stress etc but it's still gotta be treated with caution.

All the stuff that plays with GABA seem to be on the addictive side (alcohol,ghb,gbl,gvl,benzos, barbs and many more goof balls). Afoaf started using phenibut last year as a way of raising GH levels in the body, so he could burn fat and build muscle quicker.

He then realized it could replace alcohol(which messes with natural test production). He though he was on to a winner. However he dosed more a more often because he noticed he lifted more in the gym and could run for longer in the evenings. It was like a wonder supplement.....until he tried to wash out properly after a month.

He couldn't sleep, there was a strong pressure in the frontal lobe of his brain. It reminded him of bad eye strain but more of an alien sensation. His nerves were extra sensitive, he could feel the insides of his teeth fillings. His tolerance for dirt, heat and general disgust dropped (he was living in a hot developing country).

His skin began to crawl just dealing with day to day discomfort(goosebumps all the time). His ears rang and sleep was impossible. As the days went bye he became more irritable, anxious and depressed. He kept washing his face because he thought it was dirty(reminded him of his acne days as a teen). He did this until his skin dried out and began to crack, then 3am on the 5th day of withdrawals a mosquito bit his dry t-zone he nearly cracked up.

It was like having to re-enter your body again, getting used to being a fleshy creature. That's the nearest way to describe it. After 7/8 days(thank god) he was back and flushed all he had left.

Now he uses it once(twice max) and then washes out for a week straight after. He didn't touch it for nearly a year before trying it again. He learnt his lesson...NEVER DO IT EVERY DAY!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:05

25 y/o Male from Canada

phenibut.. its ok... once in awhile..

Post Quality Evaluations:
useless one liner.

Last edited by Kamuix; 08-09-2012 at 09:24.
Old 20-08-2013, 05:03

26 y/o Male from United States
Toad4987 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

this sounds like you did infact experience withdrawl and then decided " life was better being on it".. not much of a point for many concerned with possible addiction to this stuff. You proved that your addicted to it and cannot quit. It clearly enhances your quality of life which is why people are buying it? Plenty can look at the possitives of drug addiction, it all feels good.
Old 22-08-2013, 12:22

25 y/o Male from Canada

Hey although this was an old post I haven't used it in 3 weeks to date, it's not very long I know but i'm not withdrawing from it, you know what the real problem is? not enough love in the world, so sock a cock negetories

Kamuix added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Oh also I regret this thread because phenibut should never be used on a daily bases in the amounts I was taking at the time, I regret this headline, theres no such thing as a "positive addiction" Addiction being the opposite of moderation, not sure if it can be positive

Last edited by Kamuix; 22-08-2013 at 12:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, barbiturate, benzo, benzodiazepine, ghb, phenibut addiction, phenibut withdrawal