Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:48
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.
Car accident... prescribed morphine pills... also on methadone...

So heres nez's happy masks question...

He is on 55mls of methadone for a heroin addiction...

He was just in a car accident the other day and broke his ankle pretty badly... ( car totaled, bleh )

He was prescribed T3's n Morphine 10mg pills. Neither which work. Now nez is trying to take as prescribed, so he isnt taking more than 2 T3's at a time or 1 Morphine 10mg pill every 4-6hours. It does nothing for his pain... so he assumes its cause of the methadone? Should he ask for a increase in pain med dose? Or what would be the best thing to do ... of course he would love to just take a 5 or 6 morphine pills and a few more t3's and live pain free but he is trying to do as the doctor says and show him that he can be trusted being prescribed shit for now and who knows for future times... if ever needed...

The pain is pretty unbearable... and it does make him crave to use heroin only because he knows that would work curing his pain. Not to abuse it to get the euphoria... he just cant sleep cause of the pain.... Sooooooo wut to do?

P.s man i just cant catch a fucking break in this damn life... drama n negative shit just love to follow me
Old 11-02-2012, 23:30
Palladium Member

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
Re: Car accident... prescribed morphine pills... also on methadone...

Man, I know what you mean about not being able to catch a break. I had the worst insomnia from when I was about 15-17, then that finally got taken care of, I developed a recurring cyst on my back that I needed to have 5 surgeries (including a total reconstruction) for, and once that finally got solved I started getting cluster headaches, which are literally among the most painful conditions known to mankind. So, I hear you and I'm sorry.

I really don't know much about methadone, but if I had to guess that probably has something to do with the ineffectiveness of the medication, especially since T3's and 10mg of morphine taken orally are not particularly strong to begin with... forget the fact Nez is also a recovering addict. Does the prescribing doctor (for the T3 and morphine) know he's on methadone? Really, the best thing I can suggest is just having an honest conversation with him. Nez is doing all the right things to avoid getting back into old habits and that's really all I think he can do right now.

If the doctor doesn't know about Nez's old heroin habit or that he's on methadone, then just tell him the pain is unbearable; he doesn't have to say much more. I mean, really, what other options does he have? He can talk to the doctor and try to get an increase in pain meds or abuse them or go back to heroin, and the latter two options are not desirable. Stay strong and go through the proper paths and just hope the doctor is understanding and sympathetic.

The other thing Nez might want to think about asking is adding a non-narcotic medication that might also help with the pain and/or boost the effectiveness of the opiates. Certain NSAIDs or other pharmaceuticals can be very effective, even for severe pain, depending on its nature.

If Nez ever needs to vent or want to go over the best things to say to doc before you do, he can feel free to PM me. I'm sorry he's in so much pain.

Wish him the best of luck from my dog Sparky and me.
Old 13-02-2012, 07:04
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.

Heh pm to vent eh... trust me you dont want that from me... when i vent i let it all out and well ive gotten tired of venting and complaining and bitching to ppl that heck if im annoyed of it... how are the other ppl taking it lol...

Anywho yes the prescribing doc did know he was on the methadone... he is going to go see his other doc who knows both about addiction and methadone and he'll have a chat with him... hopefully on monday...

thx for the info n help
Old 13-02-2012, 09:02
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

It is most likely because of the methadone. How much are you taking daily? Just the 5ml? And how many mg's in that 5ml solution? Methadone is very strong and has a super long half life, so if you have been taking sufficient doses of methadone regularly, you will have a high tolerance to opiates. And 10mg of morphine and 2 t3's is a very small dose in comparison to even 10 mg daily methadone.

Do the doctors know you are on methadone treatment? I dont know if they would be willing to give you a larger dose of painkillers considering youre in treatment but maybe they might. Regardless, don't start heroin again, please. I would tell your doctor its simply not working and see what they recommend. Best of luck to you, im sorry the pain isn't being helped at all :[

GedatusGreen added 9 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

My bad, I didnt see your previous response about your doctor knowing. Good luck tomorrow!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good points raised about methadone's long half-life and building up in system, not to mention the OP's dose of morphine/codeine being comparatively low. Supportive post as well.

Last edited by GedatusGreen; 13-02-2012 at 09:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
drugs, heroin, methadone, morphine, morphine pills, opioid, pain meds, things to do