Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 14-01-2012, 07:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Deadmanwalking should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
What should I use for anxiety?

SWIM is going to a club with a couple of friends, he has major social anxiety issues and he's afraid he's going to end up hiding in the bathroom for hours(done this before).

SWIM has found that adderall has made him more sociable but has no more access to it so he's turning to the cottons inside of benzedrex inhaler (never tried them before)

SWIM also has tenormin aka (atenolol) aka(betablockers) which he has never tried before either but has heard that people use them for public speaking and performance anxiety.

Which should swim take to make himself less antisocial and panicked, he's scared of mixing them.
Old 14-01-2012, 08:56
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.10outof10 must live here.
Points: 1,124, Level: 5 Points: 1,124, Level: 5 Points: 1,124, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: What should I use for anxiety?

Hi there and welcome to the forums,

Beta blockers do not so much treat the anxiety itself but more the symptoms of anxiety e.g things like increased heart rate or shaking. Here is some info about them from Patient UK.

" Beta-blockers work by blocking the transmission of certain nerve impulses.

The ends of some nerves release a chemical (neurotransmitter) called noradrenaline when the nerve is stimulated. This chemical then stimulates beta-adrenergic receptors. These receptors are tiny structures which occur on cells in various parts of the body including the heart, brain, and blood vessels. When these receptors are stimulated, they cause various effects. For example, nerve impulses to the heart can stimulate beta-adrenergic receptors on heart cells. This causes an increase in the force and rate of the heart beat.

The beta-adrenergic receptors are also stimulated by adrenaline, a hormone which circulates in the bloodstream. Adrenaline is made in the adrenal gland. The blood level of adrenaline can vary. For example, you may release a lot of adrenaline into the bloodstream when you are frightened or anxious which can cause an increase in your heart rate and other effects.

The beta-blocker drug 'sits' on beta-adrenergic receptors and stops ('blocks') the receptor from being stimulated. So, for example, if beta-receptors in the heart are blocked, the force and rate of the heart beat is reduced. "

Do you see a Doctor for your anxiety? That would be the most appropriate place to seek advice as there are various things which they may be able to prescribe. Some new generation SSRI's are quite effective for anxiety. Perhaps consider herbal products such as St Johns Wort or Valerian? Also maybe about relaxation techniques that you can apply when your anxiety. Here's a really simple one:

A good way to start relaxation is to work on your breathing...
  • Place one hand on your stomach.
  • Breathe in through your nose to the silent count of four, allowing your stomach to swell.
  • Breathe out gently through the mouth to the count of six, allowing the stomach to return to normal.
  • Count to two and inhale again.
  • Try to get a rhythm going, counting to four on the in-breaths and to six as you exhale.
  • You are aiming to take about 8–12 breaths per minute
There is more relaxation stuff in the sleep management wiki section.

Whilst it may seem really tempting to use substances to manage this kind of anxiety, I would worry that this could trigger problem drug use and addiction as it is not really treating the underlying problem. Amphetamine based drugs whilst may be effective in the short term for some for anxiety, can also lead to exacerbating the anxiety in the long term. In my opinion drugs like Aderall wouldn't be suitable for this kind of issue.

Perhaps considering some sort of counselling for your anxiety would also be a good option? as again, I would recommend finding the underlying issue that is triggering your anxiety and finding a way to deal with that, would be the most effective. This could be done in combination with medication if necessary. I must stress I'm not a Doctor but work in drug treatment and counselling. I'd recommend contacting a Doctor to discuss your options. All the best!
Old 14-01-2012, 10:25
Palladium Member

32 y/o Female from Australia
iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.iceflame really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4 Points: 1,006, Level: 4
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

10outof10's advice is flawless,
I'd just like to add that if you do obtain some benzodiazepines, wether via a dr (as previously reccomend) or otherwise, and you go to the club where there's alcohol, it is CRUCIAL that you educate yourself on the dangers of combining two CNS depressants.

This mix can prove FATAL.

There's much information to be found UTFSE on the various benzos, their half-lifes and reports of peoples experiences using various ones.
You will also find information regarding the risks associated with mixing downers.

Please educate yourself and keep harm reduction at the forefront, because these medications are potent and can kill people who aren't aware of the dangers.

If you havn't already please locate the forum dedicated to benzodiazepines and research as much as possible so as to make a wise decision.

I wish you well.
Ice.
Old 18-01-2012, 02:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Deadmanwalking should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

So, unfortunately/fortunately SWIM took the quick route and ate the cotton instead, oh god was it amazing he was very social and euphoric like never before, until he came down at around 430 am... I don't think SWIM doesn't plan on doing this again, His comedown was two days of fatigue, anxiety, and despair. Thankyou for your input though, I will seek some professional help for my anxiety now.
Old 18-01-2012, 02:56
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

Here is a link to the thread I started in which many people added a LOT of helpful information regarding anxiety and panic.

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=160007
Old 18-01-2012, 06:46
Gdriussi Gdriussi is nu online

Female from United States
Gdriussi is an unknown quantity at this point

this may be a dead thread at this point, and i may be outside of my narrow field of knowledge... but i HAVE read from people on SAD forums talking about successfully using Adderall, actually, in addition to their rx'd benzo, usually Klonapin, a assume, and they were getting life changing results. it's a not a mental leap for me, to understand why this would work, but it seem it would be to most psychiatrists/MDs.... but evidently not, as they're prescribing this mix to more than a rare few. .... be safe. and of course, don't mix downers, and NEVER drive if you do....

Share this on:

Tags
anxiety, benzedrex, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, social anxiety

» New Threads
Dedicated To Those Still Suffering
Last post by Dawn Godess
1 Replies, 66 Views
Is it safe to take 400mg of...
Last post by allme
17 Replies, 350 Views
"TweAkeR sPEak" what is your meth...
Last post by FloppyFlailer-