Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17-01-2012, 20:35
Mercury Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Astal needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Is it possible to OD and die on hydrocodone?

My friend said he wants to CWE around 300 mg of hydro and take it all at once, hes not opiate nieve, he can take 30s and just have a good buzz. I was curious is my friend in any danger of dieing? (this is about a friend btw lol )
Old 17-01-2012, 20:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Is it possible to OD and die on hydrocodone?

300 mg of hydrocodone is a lot, i would not take that much unless your friend took about the same amount of oxycodone (assume thats what you mean by 30's) regularly. if you get a good buzz from a 30 mg oxycodone pill than i would bet 300 mg of hydrocodone all at once would cause a MASSIVE overdose and kill you unless medical attention was sought

however much oxycodone you are used to taking at one time could give you an idea of how much hydrocodone would be safe to take ill look up the ratio.

coolhandluke added 10 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

from what i read the suggested starting dose for oxycodone is 10-15 mg for a naive person while for hydrocodone's starting recommendation is 15-20 mg. so like i thought, but wanted to make sure, oxycodone is only slightly stronger (mg to mg) than hydrocodone.

if you take a 30 mg oxycodone and it even helps with your withdrawal symptoms than 300 mg of hydrocodone would kill you, fast.

for example, if your typical dose to get a good nod from oxycodone is 60 mg, than i would take 75 mg of hydrocodone, no more.

be careful man, just because hydrocodone is not at good as other opiates does not mean its safer, its effects are just less euphoric and doesn't cross the blood brain barrier as effectively, it is still just as dangerous overdose wise as any other opiate pill.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good information, and hope the OP heeds these warning

Last edited by Smeg; 29-09-2013 at 05:41. Reason: Removal of needless quote.
Old 17-01-2012, 20:49
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11 Points: 6,098, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

*sigh*

Threads like this asking "will I/they die?" always lead to bad things - they read like a suicide or self harm post...that's against the rules and well beyond the scope of DF.
If your friend is feeling in any way suicidal then please seek professional assistance immediately.

With that being said, overdose depends on far more than the dose of the ingested drug...factors such as opiate tolerance (including a consideration for incomplete cross-over tolerance if this isn't their typical opiate of choice), liver function, age/body/metabolism...the list goes on and on.

Nobody can or will say "yeah that's a fine dose - you'll be great"
As with any drug, the general advice is start low and add more slowly...once it's in, you can't take it back out so easily.
Please be safe.

informative and realistic
Sensible, helpful information.

Last edited by catseye; 17-01-2012 at 20:51. Reason: spellllling
Old 17-01-2012, 21:29
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

300 mg of hydrocodone is not safe AT ALL for someone who can catch any kind of buzz from 30mg of Oxycodone. You would have to have the tolerance of an elephant doing 100-150mgs if not much more every day to handle such a large dose. Please find your friend and slap him around a bit before he makes a drastic mistake and ends up dead!
Old 17-01-2012, 21:44
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 970, Level: 4 Points: 970, Level: 4 Points: 970, Level: 4
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Is it possible to OD and die on hydrocodone? Yes.

Is your friend in danger of dying? Assuming we only know what you have told us to be true and that there is nothing else to know about the situation. Yes.
Old 17-01-2012, 21:48
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
cannabinoia is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1

My friends pet lizard has scripts for hydrocodone and has been taking his prescribed dosages for 14 months now, with a fairly decent tolerance. 300mg seems INSANE to even imagine, much less seriously consider taking. I realize you may have some tolerance built up, but I would NEVER take such an extreme dosage of any drug. Start small, work your way up, learn what the drug does, and how your body reacts to it. This stuff is no joke and you can end up dead.
Old 17-01-2012, 22:06
Mercury Member

28 y/o Male from United States
Astal needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GedatusGreen View Post
300 mg of hydrocodone is not safe AT ALL for someone who can catch any kind of buzz from 30mg of Oxycodone. You would have to have the tolerance of an elephant doing 100-150mgs if not much more every day to handle such a large dose. Please find your friend and slap him around a bit before he makes a drastic mistake and ends up dead!
I will hes an idiot, thanks guys
Old 18-01-2012, 01:12
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from United States
GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.GedatusGreen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1

Thanks Astal, good luck and thank you for being a good friend. Show him this thread if he fights you on the idea
Old 18-01-2012, 06:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astal View Post
I will hes an idiot, thanks guys
thanks for stopping by to do some research. what i have seen from many people who have overdosed, or died from an overdose, doing about ten minutes worth of research could have EASILY prevented the overdose/death. especially cases of mixing drugs.

thank you for starting this thread and saving you friends life, he would have died if he went about and taken that much as he intended.
Old 18-01-2012, 06:51
Silver Member

Male from United States
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

If it has Acetaminophen in it that much will do you in for sure, if you don't barf first!!!
Old 30-01-2012, 23:40
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2

^^^ He planned on doing CWE first.

Anyway my friend who shoots a whole pack of good heroin when he gets it only takes 100mg hydrocodone to get feeling okay. 300 sounds like an aweful lot and could easily kill someone!

Only exception is if your friend is shooting over a gram of H a day or has similar tolerance.

I myself am not addicted but enjoy some opiates now and then. The first day after not using for over a week or so I only use 20-40mg hydrocodone. If I am on a three day binge by day 3 I am using up to 100mg. That is most I've used, but had tolerance.

As for the guy who said hydrocodone has less euphoria than other opiates guess that is a matter of opinion. I prefer it to other opiates cause I don't like "the nod" most addicts are chasing. I like the fact I can get shit done unlike heroin or oxycodone. I'm prolly in the minority on this one though.

I would tell friend to start out with 50mg tops then add more a couple hours later if not satisfied. Don't do like my friend and take 80mg and 20 mg xanax trying to chase that heroin high! If you want to get that high, just go get some heroin!

BTW, not recommending heroin just saying if your chasing that high, might as well just get the real deal.
Old 31-01-2012, 00:29
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

I think regardless of an opiate/opioid tolerance, 300mg of hydrocodone at one time even CWE (cold water extracted) will kill a human.

I am pretty sure even someone with an insane tolerance to heroin, fyntenal, or any other heavy opiate will die from 300mg. There is no recreational value in death.
Old 29-09-2013, 07:12

53 y/o Male from United States
Silat50 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
300 mg of hydrocodone is a lot, i would not take that much unless your friend took about the same amount of oxycodone (assume thats what you mean by 30's) regularly. if you get a good buzz from a 30 mg oxycodone pill than i would bet 300 mg of hydrocodone all at once would cause a MASSIVE overdose and kill you unless medical attention was sought

however much oxycodone you are used to taking at one time could give you an idea of how much hydrocodone would be safe to take ill look up the ratio.

coolhandluke added 10 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

from what i read the suggested starting dose for oxycodone is 10-15 mg for a naive person while for hydrocodone's starting recommendation is 15-20 mg. so like i thought, but wanted to make sure, oxycodone is only slightly stronger (mg to mg) than hydrocodone.

if you take a 30 mg oxycodone and it even helps with your withdrawal symptoms than 300 mg of hydrocodone would kill you, fast.

for example, if your typical dose to get a good nod from oxycodone is 60 mg, than i would take 75 mg of hydrocodone, no more.

be careful man, just because hydrocodone is not at good as other opiates does not mean its safer, its effects are just less euphoric and doesn't cross the blood brain barrier as effectively, it is still just as dangerous overdose wise as any other opiate pill.
110$ CORRECT. So, if you have some hydros, and are new to the game, dont know what your max tolerance is in any way, just wait till you have enough to get the job done("if" thats what you really want) and tske the whole script. According to Luke, 15 of the 10's should definitely do it on a newbie. In other words "Dont pop it in your mouth if you dont wanna go south."
Old 29-09-2013, 08:33
Titanium Member

Female from United States
jazzyj9 probably knows what they are talking about.jazzyj9 probably knows what they are talking about.jazzyj9 probably knows what they are talking about.jazzyj9 probably knows what they are talking about.jazzyj9 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3

Oops. I didn't see how old this post was. I'm assuming the CWE is how you remove the acetominophen? But how will you know you've removed all of it? Acetominophen will kill your liver and you with an OD; unless you get a new liver. The OP above mentioned this though. 4g is the max of acetominophen that a person should have in a 24 hour period anything more risks doing damage to the liver.
Old 13-10-2013, 14:57

31 y/o Male from United States
82dboy should review received reputation comments.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

That's def not a safe dose if u get a buzz off a 30 my friend inherited alot of money and went crazy the guy that said a gram a day my friend an his girl have told me always have do gram shots an between him an her they've done 12gs an it's not garbage dope jus they had a methadone habit my friend said he feels safer doing wat he does compared to 300 mg of hydro probably jus make u ill I wud advise against it an i all so wud not reqamend wat my fried does saw him today took a gram shot an pluged sum dhc90s an even that I think do less damaged but I wud say don't do any of it get strung out if u aint already my friend don't no any other way to live
Old 15-10-2013, 01:01
Petri6 Petri6 is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
I think regardless of an opiate/opioid tolerance, 300mg of hydrocodone at one time even CWE (cold water extracted) will kill a human.

I am pretty sure even someone with an insane tolerance to heroin, fyntenal, or any other heavy opiate will die from 300mg. There is no recreational value in death.
Why in the world would you think that? There are people with insane opioid tolerances around. There are people who take hundreds of milligrams of methadone a day or almost a gram of oxycodone a day. Even if you factor in the incomplete cross-tolerance, 300 mg of hydrocodone would only be somewhere in the ballpark of 200mg of oxycodone. There are certainly people out there who take that much for breakfast. I see of no reason why 300mg of hydrocodone would kill someone with a huge opioid tolerance. Of course I would never advice someone to take that high a dose, but saying that it would kill a person with massive tolerance would in my view be wrong unless hydrocodone is a more potent respiratory depressant than other opioids which I don't think it is.
Old 15-10-2013, 02:30
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12 Points: 7,503, Level: 12

Well, actually I did think that out of ignorance. I think this is a pretty damned old thread. I have seen it a couple times when people would post on this thread. I just didn't think it fair I edit out my ignorance. It showed me where I was, who I was, and how little but how much I have come along because of constant learning due to this site being open and available to me.

I am sure that their could be someone out there who might die from respiratory failure at that dose, but I also think I said that because at the time I did not understand exactly how opiate tolerance worked.

You have put the spotlight on me, and I admit fault. I won't edit my answer, but admit I was wrong.

Nice owning up to mistakes!!!

Last edited by Smeg; 09-12-2013 at 01:51. Reason: Good post, but removal of redundant quote.
Old 15-10-2013, 16:50
Petri6 Petri6 is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3 Points: 496, Level: 3
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

I thank you for your honesty and am sorry if I put you on the spotlight, my intention was solely to correct inaccurate information and to actually get to know if hydrocodone had more of a respiratory depressing quality as most other opioids (as it does vary from one to another, which I'm sure you know). Also, I checked the date of your post wrong, I thought it was one of the newer entries to the thread as it directly precedes one, other wise I probably wouldn't have quoted it. But once again, I commend you on your honesty and willingness to admit that you were wrong as all of us have been one time or another but not all of us have the courage and strenght to actually admit.

Very respectful and honest reply, thank you for correcting wrong information.

Last edited by Smeg; 09-12-2013 at 01:48. Reason: Good post to trd, but the quote is redundant.
Old 07-12-2013, 23:54

Male from United States
walkswithpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

IMHO, yes. But! watching the shows on TV about addicts (like Intervention) it seems people can take 100's of pills everyday. Plus mainline, snorting, alcohol, ect. Just watch them, you'll see. Either the doctors are lying or the drug addicts on Liver failure. Some of these TV addicts must take 40 grams of Tylenol a day (not micrograms, GRAMS)
Old 08-12-2013, 00:31
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,803, Level: 12 Points: 7,803, Level: 12 Points: 7,803, Level: 12
Activity: 36.8% Activity: 36.8% Activity: 36.8%

Please (with respect) try to find some other avenue of help apart from here.
You're welcome to return with a different attitude.

Closed.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
cold water extraction, cwe, drug, extraction, hydrocodone, overdose

Sitelinks: Information: