DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 04-11-2011, 16:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
Robot Noah is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Dxm Gel Caps Breakable?

Hi, a certain bear I known is planning on reaching sigma, or at least 4th plautaeu by ingesting 60 gel caps containing 15mg dxm only. He is wondering if you can perhaps split the gelcaps to only swallow the liquid on the inside in hopes of making his trip hit quicker and less traumatic from having to swallow 60 giant pills. If not, is there anyway the bear could possibly make taking that many pills easier. He has tried in the past to swallow that many, but ended up being demotivated to continue after 20-30. He has also started to take 3 at time.
TLDR: He wants to swallow 60 gel caps, can he break them open for the liquid? If not how can he swallow that many?
Old 04-11-2011, 16:48
Silver Member

Male from United States
m000nman is a decent psychonaut.m000nman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Dxm Gel Caps Breakable?

the liquid inside tastes nasty, it seems more sensible to just suck it up an swallow the caps, but to each their own. theres no added danger of breaking them open and swallowing the liquid, but have a chaser ready...
Old 04-11-2011, 18:14
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

As stated, the liquid inside is fucking disgusting. Not worth it.

Generic/store-brand cough gels tend to be thinner than Robitussin brand gelcaps (and they're cheaper too!). I once tried poking a hole in the gelcaps & trying to squeeze the gel into a very thin-walled gelatin capsule - again, not worth the effort, involves a lot of waste.

I often take up to 4 pills per swallow - doing 60 pills 1 by 1 would be tedious! I'd just try taking them 3 or 4 at a time, then following up with a nice hot cup of tea; the extra warmth & fluid should help the gelcaps melt a bit faster.

I don't take DXM for anything other than suppressing a cough or potentiating opioids, so I have no comment on whether you'd reach Plateau Sigma with such a dose.

BUT...isn't Plateau Sigma the one where you take constant doses of DXM over time (like, many hours)? I thought it was Levels 1-4, then Sigma was something else entirely. You might wanna check the DXM FAQ again...

~Kailey
Old 04-11-2011, 18:54
Potter Potter is nu online
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19 Points: 18,475, Level: 19
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Have you tried to split the gelcaps and ingest the liquid? Why not?

You want to handle a plateau sigma tripp but don't have the motivation to do the work to get there? Probably a sign that it isn't the time for that experiment yet. At least that is how I've always taken those sorts of "issues", and I have tended to run into that more often then not. It's good to listen to your body

Might be worth looking into extraction chemistry, working with DXM is really quite simple and can be done effectively and safely with no special training, chemicals, or equipment.
Old 04-11-2011, 19:59
Silver Member

Male from United States
Robot Noah is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Yes, the bear told me heis ready for sigma, and he understands he has to take it at multiple times, however the lack of motivation is more towards the pills. He sees all the pills he has to swallow, and after around the 20th he starts to feel rather nauseated and looking at all the pills he has left makes him even more queasy. He has tried agent lemon and hated the taste, he figured takin the gel caps liquid out would be easier but was afraid of the liquid potentially harming his throat lining due to the concentration of the chemical. He will take the tea idea into consideration, though he prefers something fizzy. He wishes to thank everyone so far, and if anyone has anything else to add he would greatly appreciate it. Also, he agrees completely with listening to your body before your mind.
Old 04-11-2011, 20:25
Titanium Member

Male from United States
snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.snarkymalarky probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

I've seen teks before that involve mashing the pills up in some kind of solution, but I've never done that. I just take 5 at a time every couple minutes along with some water and pretzels.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44
Silver Member

Male from United States
Chug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way upChug Chug Chug is on the way up
Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4 Points: 784, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

Humm my cat feels weird then, he can finish off a bottle of gels within 1-3 gulps, he would imagine getting extremely nauseous poping less than 5 at a time. Does anyone know if swallowing that many at a time is potentially dangerous? His ex-girlfriend once swallowed 20 at once and said it was cake, tell me how she sucks at giving head. LOL anyways it's more about how you perceive taking so many pills or chugging that much syrup. If you put too much thought into the task of ingesting it alone, it's gonna make you more nauseous in the long run.

EDIT: Also taking the liquid out of the capsules is not worth the trouble, my cat has gone the extra mile and has done it before and also drank cannabis tea with it. Didn't prove to be very successful, either of the drinks, you loose a decent amount of dxm in the process unless you someone sucked out the liquid with a syringe, that seems like the best way to do it even though there will still be dxm loss.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48

27 y/o Female from United States
spacechem is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

this is what you do cause i just did this tonite literally 15 minutes ago go boil some water on the stove let it get hot to boiling and go put all your robo gels in a cup...pour a little bit of the boiling water over the gels they will begin to dissolve you may want to use a spoon to stir the gels around and have em quickly dissolve drink the liquid it tste shitty but way better than scarfing down a whole gang of gels...right now im awaiting effects.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:07
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male from Canada
Toadman is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1

I strongly recommend the warm water extraction of gel cap fluid. hot tap water, about 2 minutes of stirring, drain warm water, gels should be soft enough to pop now, i pour the wet gel caps into a shot glass, squirt a little lemon juice in with the gels, and then start mashing the gels with a fork, dxm will pop out and merge with lemon juice, once all gels are popped and squeezed empty, strain the empty shells out and discard them, get a drink, take the DXM shot and CHASE AS FAST AS YOU CAN. because yea it tastes like shit but its like for 1 minute. I do this because when i just down the gels I get severe stomach pains and end up throwing up before they even kick in, wasting money, comfort and a decent trip.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Wow, fair play to those who just drink the contents of the gelcaps!

I thought I had an iron stomach, and there's no way in Hell I'd be able to down a shotglass of "cough gel juice" - not a chance!

Remember to do a taste/gag test first for those who haven't tried it yet - stick a needle into a gelcap & squeeze out some of the dxm juice first. It's very bitter as well as disgusting tasting! *lol*

~Kailey
Old 07-11-2011, 19:10
PowerfulMedicine PowerfulMedicine is nu online
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5
Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7% Activity: 16.7%

If you are going to try a sigma trip you don't have to swallow all the gels at once. You just have to take a decent amount every few hours in order to prolong the trip. Do your research before trying this.
Old 10-11-2011, 23:20

Male from United States
jorel43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

blah i would not recommend it. my slave tried to blend the gel caps and according to her; they tasted horrible and she ended up regurgitating multiple times. the smell and taste overpowered her, and she was forced to throw the whole batch away (this was like 3 bottles), because of her actions i had no choice but to punish her... if you are going to do it, i suggest only blending 1 bottle at a time, and doing so with either enough juice to mask the taste/smell; or use something like pop and juice. my slave will never do that again, from now on she will just take the gels as is.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:02

21 y/o Male from United States
swimswims should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My bear usually breaks them up in to little groups of five. so 5/60 is 12 groups thats not so bad right.5 pills at a time the bear says is not that hard to swallow and he remeber oh yeah theres only 12 groups its not so hard. The bear almost puked up his gels because he had a full tummy one time :] do not swallow 60 pills on a full stomach.
Old 08-12-2011, 18:46
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Casper86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1 Points: 124, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

my fish takes DXM every once in a blue moon (2-3)times a year and just recently he came down with a cold, he saw these new duract quick melt tabs that contain DXM as its only active ingredient and 30mgs each tab to boot at wally world (walmart)
my fish told me they taste like bubble gum and 17 tablets didnt make his tummy even hiccup.
happy huntings

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for the info on a newer medication containing only DXM as an active ingredient! good to know.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
LunarSpider is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Swim says you are better off doing it that way to prevent the pill gel to be broken down especially when taking so many.

Be safe and have a good trip, make sure to have a sitter and/or be in a safe, comfortable environment because uppers plateaus are intense, you are basically insane at the point
Old 13-12-2011, 03:29

swimswims should review received reputation comments.
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper86 View Post
my fish takes DXM every once in a blue moon (2-3)times a year and just recently he came down with a cold, he saw these new duract quick melt tabs that contain DXM as its only active ingredient and 30mgs each tab to boot at wally world (walmart)
my fish told me they taste like bubble gum and 17 tablets didnt make his tummy even hiccup.
happy huntings
there OTC? these might be worth looking into, are they really at walmart?
Old 13-12-2011, 07:58
Silver Member

yes sir they sure are !
Old 14-12-2011, 03:01
Silver Member

Penitent Sin is an unknown quantity at this point

Eh, Sigma requires precise doses at precise times. This is much easier if the caps are just left intact, since the dose of each is known and accurate. Trying to crack them open without losing liquid is almost impossible. Swim knows that he for one would rather skip all that nonsense and just measure out a few pills to take at each interval.

EDIT: Great find on the Duract by the way, though it is pricier than straight up syrup, it must be much nicer to down. Swim will have to try that one!
Old 14-12-2011, 03:23
Silver Member

critters may need to take a shot or two of alcohol (vodka) after you take it to recieve full benefits , as to act as a tranport.
polyethylene glycol is found in most syrups and caps as well as in many other medications to act as a trasport, but word is ethol. in alcohol will act the same way
swim might even want to make an durect infused vodka cocktail or two!
Just kidding! correct dosing would be hard.
happy trails
Old 14-12-2011, 22:05
Banned

Male from United States
smw66466 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Don't bother.

Post Quality Evaluations:
this 1-line post (which aren't allowed, btw) adds nothing to this thread. please expand on your thoughts in future posts: WHY do you think someone shouldn't bother, is there anything that might be better, etc etc. check out the Site Rules & FAQ. :)
Old 23-12-2011, 05:45

Male from Canada
the_big_red_rone should review received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Noah View Post
Hi, a certain bear I known is planning on reaching sigma, or at least 4th plautaeu by ingesting 60 gel caps containing 15mg dxm only. He is wondering if you can perhaps split the gelcaps to only swallow the liquid on the inside in hopes of making his trip hit quicker and less traumatic from having to swallow 60 giant pills. If not, is there anyway the bear could possibly make taking that many pills easier. He has tried in the past to swallow that many, but ended up being demotivated to continue after 20-30. He has also started to take 3 at time.
TLDR: He wants to swallow 60 gel caps, can he break them open for the liquid? If not how can he swallow that many?
If swiy thinks swallowing 60 small gel caps one should try sucrets lozenges and swallow 60 of them.

if swiy has realy a problem swallowing , try syrup though that might be worse but never bother swim or just try lemon extraction method on a dxm product. Then one can pure dxm powder and take it in easiest form or put it back to caps and try it then but with stronger caps.

check out the sites wiki page on extraction http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#Producing_DXM

Share this on:

Tags
dextromethorphan, dissociative, dxm, gel caps, hallucinogen, liquid o, walmart