Kava-Kava Piper methysticum

Old 14-12-2011, 04:47
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Korea, South
e_choco_o is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kava and blood pressure and pulse?!

So I took 5 x 300mg 30% extract kona kava farm pills stirred well in a glass water and olive oil on a very empty stomach. I've taken up to 10 but it's the first time I put some olive oil as I now know it's fat soluble.

I think they might have hit me harder this time with the olive oil, that or this batch is stronger (as it's a new bottle I got, they looked slighlty darker than the last bottle). Not that it worked to decrease anxiety in any way, but I fell more of what seem to be the kava after effects 6+ hours after intake: feeling hot, hotter than normal, specially the head, and an overall "clogged up and dry" feeling that's hard to describe, feels a bit like cannabis aftereffects swim says, I feel irritated, a bit anxious and restless and a bit of headache aswell, and sleepy (this last point being good).

It just feels like it might raise blood pressure me thinks, although it's hard to prove without any measurment, but it's been a consistent feeling with every time I've used it... my pulse also, it's 80, and that is normaly a bit less at rest I'm sure.

Anyone goes through the same thing? any science on kava and blood pressure? According to a website it causes pulmonary hypertension with chronic use, so that might be it!

Last edited by e_choco_o; 14-12-2011 at 04:52.
Old 19-12-2011, 19:52
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.Tech House probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3 Points: 640, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Kava and blood pressure and pulse?!

Uncle Ernie, god rest his soul, used to use kava but if he took too much then he found it to cause the opposite of it's supposedly relaxing effect. Almost gave him panic attack one time. He was monitoring his BP at home and it had shot up from around 130/80 to 145/100 or thereabouts. This isn't a hypertensive crisis but it is definitely enough for you to feel the difference from baseline BP. All these old farts who play around with mood-changing junk should check BP occasionally; it's wise to have a home monitor anyway, especially if one is over 40 or 50, and the monitors aren't very expensive (around $25?)

Good health to all, and may all beings be happy... very happy......

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, anesthetic, blood pressure, dihydrokavain, kava, kava kava, kava-kava, kavain, kavalactones, methysticin, olive oil, piper methysticum, sedative, yangonin

» New Threads
Going into day 8 can't stop...
Last post by KKSJ
2 Replies, 46 Views
possible feeling xanax for days?
Last post by senorlou
1 Replies, 88 Views
Are gray A-215's real 30 mg...
Last post by CaptainTripps
0 Replies, 1 Views
Country/State that had the most...
Last post by MikePatton