Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 02-10-2011, 20:43

Female from United States
coleyzzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
withdrawing from oxys, and i think alcohol.....need advice

ok......5 yrs ago swim was addicted to metthadone.....and i tried ONCE to go cold turkey....and let me just say that it was absolute hell....well i eventually got on suboxone.....and eventually tapered off and was clean for about a yr. this past April my brother died and now i am right back where i started....now i dont have th funds to get subs.....and would just like some advice on how bad this particular withdrawl will be
Old 02-10-2011, 21:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
smoothupnu needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: withdrawing from oxys, and i think alcohol.....need advice

sounds like you altready know how bad they are gonna be. are you just wanting confirmation of the hell you are in for ?

Post Quality Evaluations:
useless post, and certainly not helpful...no points taken but please watch your tone
Old 02-10-2011, 22:04
Palladium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 709, Level: 4 Points: 709, Level: 4 Points: 709, Level: 4

My advice since you're already paying for the oxycodone is to start tapering off your doses with the stuff. It takes self control, you aren't going to get 'high', but if you're worried about the consequences when you stop.. well you're going to have to stop anyway, you might as well use what you do have to make it a little easier.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:13
Silver Member

Male from Earth
ellavader is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothupnu View Post
sounds like you altready know how bad they are gonna be. are you just wanting confirmation of the hell you are in for ?
Geez, have a bit of civility friend the guy lost his brother and ya maybe hes just looking for confirmation. This sub forum is here so we can help each other in anyway even if that means telling him what he already knows or wants to hear, if it helps him get clean WHY not??? Theres no need to be condescending, help if u can if not dont post here imo.

My sympathies go out to you and ur family for ur loss!!!

As for the withdrawals they wont be as long as methadone were, for what ive read on here methadone are the longest of all opiates but they might be more intense depending on how long and how much you were using...Before quitting try having a plan for how you will deal with the death of your brother because it will be that much harder to not relapse then say someone that is using just to use, as you are using to numb the emotional pain that you are going through!!

You might wanna go to a professional rehab centre that deals not only with addiction but emotional loss of loved ones, your in a tough spot and i know what its like altho i also know losing someone is different for everyone cuz the bond you had with your brother is unique and the bond i had with my family member was unique so its never the same pain for any one person!

Again my condolences to you and try your best to learn how to live with your new life cuz thats wat it is, u will never get over it and using will only prolong the pain and imo make it worse when u will have to eventually deal with it. The only thing u can do is try and learn to cope and live with it, its very hard but just remember your not the first nor the last person to lose a love one, its a tragedy and one that almost everyone has to go through at some point. It sucks big time but we cant do anything about it

Try and look into getting that help i mentioned cuz the withdraws is the easy part in your case, staying off the junk for good will be your biggest challenge.

Good luck and keep us posted and stay strong, you dealt with his death and your still here so i know your strong enough to beat this addiction, dont forget that!!!

kind and supportive post with some excellent advice/suggestions.
kind, supportive post. excellent ifo/advice re tapering.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:02
Silver Member

Female from Australia
Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.Oblomova is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1 Points: 140, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleyzzz View Post
ok......5 yrs ago swim was addicted to metthadone.....and i tried ONCE to go cold turkey....and let me just say that it was absolute hell....well i eventually got on suboxone.....and eventually tapered off and was clean for about a yr. this past April my brother died and now i am right back where i started....now i dont have th funds to get subs.....and would just like some advice on how bad this particular withdrawl will be
Coley, that was your first post! but you've been here quite a while, since back in the methadone/suboxone days. It's good that you posted, hi. It's too bad about your brother and the "now i am right back where i started..." story. It's an awful place for you to be but things will get better.

It's a bit difficult to tell from your post just where you're at - are you into withdrawal now? or do you still have some oxys? and what about the "and I think alcohol" bit? If you tell us a bit more about this last round of using, how much and of what, and whether you have stopped or are contemplating stopping, we can give you a better idea of what you can expect.

Remember that oxycodone has a considerably shorter half-life than methadone - about one-eighth as far as I could easily find - so the duration of oxy withdrawals will be correspondingly shorter. In my experience, and talking about oxy without the alcohol, as far as the physical side of things goes the worst is over in 3-5 days, if you stop suddenly. But you know that it's different for everyone, and as well as that it depends on what you've been taking, how much, route of administration, for how long...

Keep in touch, it can help.

darklyDivided
Old 03-10-2011, 02:02

38 y/o Male from United States
Curbstoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Hi Coley (and others):

I just discovered this forum a week or so ago, but have been impressed with the knowledge and willingness to share it that I've found here. Opiate withdrawl is something SWIM has no small amount of experience with. SWIM found himself consuming $100-250 worth of hydros, norcos, and oxys on a daily basis, and then struggling through 2-3 days of hell afterwords.

The one and only thing SWIM found that has done anything at all for him is Kratom. He did a lot of research into it, and found that it's being used as a replacement therapy for both methadone and other lab manufactured opiates. Evidently, if 'fills in' one's opiate receptors, providing relief for most people who are trying to kick the habit.

(I was going to include a Wiki link, but evidently that is a no-no. It's also been discussed at length here.)

SWIM decided to try it out, though admittedly in the hopes of obtaining a similar buzz that hydros or oxys impart. While there was a mild sense of euphoria, the main thing that SWIM noticed was, he didn't have ANY urge or need to run out and get a fix. Since taking Kratom, SWIM had exactly one instance of taking any opiates (they were given as a trade, SWIM spent no money on them). If anything, the effects were dulled. It's SWIM's best guess that because the Kratom was still in his system, the majority of his opiate receptors were still filled in with the Kratom, and therefore had no room for the hydros he'd taken. A day later, and he had no urge to get any more hydros. Of course, SWIM likes opiates and the effect they give, but isn't fiending or jonesing to get more. He certainly wouldn't hawk anything of value for them at this point, which, two months ago, he was starting to.

I hope this helps. I know that not everybody has the same reactions to the same things. SWIM feels a lot more confident that he can come into a pocketful of cash and not translate it into a pocketful of dope because of it.
Old 03-10-2011, 18:32
Silver Member

Male from United States
TColo is a decent psychonaut.TColo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2 Points: 151, Level: 2

Coley, in reading the other posts here it sounds like there is a good deal of support and suggestions already! This forum is a wonderful network like that! In addition to what has been said previously I might suggest that you call your local Social Services (Health and Human Services in some states) and inquire as to what programs may be available to aid you in your recovery. Also, try any center for mental health that can connect you to resources or may do so in house for little to no cost. Many state-funded programs exist that provide combined-therapies that include counseling and addiction treatment and can be more customized to further aid you in the success of your recovery. Medicaid might also have some assistance out there for you, too.

I don’t know if you are working and if you have private health insurance but a lot of companies, even for their part-time staff, have rehabilitation and addiction recovery programs that are confidential and geared towards the retention of their staff and their recovery; you might want to check this arena out, too. You’ll be in my thoughts and I wish you the best! You will get there! If there is anything else I can possibly do, please, feel free to ask!

nice and supportive post.
Old 03-10-2011, 18:57
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

We need more info in order to give you the best advice possible. Of course its usually best to get professional help if you can afford it, but if your using very lightly you can probably tough it out.

Exactly how much oxycodone(?) have you been using for how long? And how much alcohol?

Basically if you cant get help for the oxy w/d, assuming your use is high, you can still get through it. It will be hell, and youll need some immodium, benadryl, and aspirin for starts. But opiate wd isnt life threatening.

If your alcohol use is heavy enough then youll need to check into the local ER. You dont want to have a Grand Mal seizure trying to cold turkey heavy duty alcohol wd.

So please, more info? everyone here has a different using history so theyre giving advice on their experience.
Old 03-10-2011, 20:34
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

as other posters have said, please give us a little more concrete info about how much oxycodone your consuming, and how much alcohol. the oxy withdrawals, if your only using about 100 mg daily, are not going to be too awful. ive gone cold turkey about 4 times, its very uncomfortable and feels shitty, but its over in about 5 days. the problem is staying off of it. thats why something like soboxone or methadone is very helpful, it gives you a chance to be stable for a while before getting off the opiate completely.

if you are drinking a heavy amount daily than you cant withdrawal at home, it is extremely dangerous and can cause death from the seizures, so please let us know exactly how much your using of each drug, and we will go from there.

my condolences for the loss of your brother, cant imagine how hard that is to go through, im very very sorry for you and your family. you can get off drugs and get your life on track, there are a lot of very knowledgeable members around here who can give you info and advice.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:25
Silver Member

37 y/o Male from United States
anotheruser1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I am not up on sub costs, but the butrans 20mcg/hr patch is the best gift for an opiate dependent person that ever came along. They are somewhat expensive but one patch lasts for a week. Coming from 15 10mg oxy straight to butrans the withdrawal was much like a minor cold for about 3 days then almost no withdrawal. Its definitely worth the money if you can afford it because for me versus cold turkey it stopped roughly 85% of my withdrawal

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, withdrawals

» New Threads
Kratom withdrawal questions. Need...
Last post by Butter Bigsby
5 Replies, 273 Views
Taking Small dose of pure mdma...
Last post by Potter
1 Replies, 2 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by Butter Bigsby