Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-08-2011, 20:48
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Oregon
Mineralzz is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Just did a shot and something isn't right

Swim just started shooting about 2-3 weeks ago so he is pretty new. He just did a decent shot, towards the end of the injection swim moved the slightest bit and it began to hurt like hell. Now swim has a very small purple-ish bump, and the injection site is somewhat red.

Should swim be concerned?
Old 25-08-2011, 22:53

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Buzzallyear should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Just did a shot and something isn't right

Don't fuck with needles man! do you want to scar your body or loose a limb! Smoke or snort your B mate! C'mon! don't ruin your life and your body! Do you shoot up your weed? NO! Well there you go! Needles are for doctors! Not for thrill seekers! I know somebody that has a mechanical hand due to shooting gear incorrectly! think of your future! unless your in this for the long haul! Welcome to a life style of being sick and tired. Trust, if you carry on you will loose everything! This shit ain't worth it! Live your life man!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Honest and truthful.. Good advice
While I personally agree with your setiment, DF does aim to provide helpful advice to people injecting
snorting or smoking heroin is not going to lead to a good life. your post adds nothing to this thread. everyone knows iv drug use is dangerous.
Judgmental lecturing response that doesn't even pertain to OP's question
Old 25-08-2011, 23:03
Titanium Member

22 y/o Female from Earth
Nanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPACNanashi must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8 Points: 2,859, Level: 8
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

Its possible when swiy moved the needle it may have punctured through the vein.
Sounds like swiy may have done some of the hit subcutaneously, which from what Ive heard,can hurt like a bitch.

If it doesn't go away soon, gets worse, or if you are in unbearable pain, then go to a hospital. Its better to be alive then dead.

Hope I helped

for advising him to go to the doctor if it gets worse
Old 25-08-2011, 23:21
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Well if it's red and swollen it could be infected. Or there is a chance for infection.. Did you get high at all? (I don't inject anything but tattoo ink) lol so I'm not expert, but I read a lot and hear a lot of stuff. And I'm pretty sure the heroin will be absorbed much slower and you won't feel as high. If the injection site gets hot, red, and swollen please see a doctor asap. You don't want to risk losing a limb, or your life.

And I'm no preacher, but you are 19 years old. You are so early into the heroin game so please think real hard and careful about what you're getting into. And remember that when and if you get the chance to quit it is HELL. You will wish to be dead. So make sure this is really something you feel the need to do. Take care and please be careful!!!

Good harm reduction advice!
Old 25-08-2011, 23:27
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzallyear View Post
Don't fuck with needles man! do you want to scar your body or loose a limb! Smoke or snort your B mate! C'mon! don't ruin your life and your body! Do you shoot up your weed? NO! Well there you go! Needles are for doctors! Not for thrill seekers! I know somebody that has a mechanical hand due to shooting gear incorrectly! think of your future! unless your in this for the long haul! Welcome to a life style of being sick and tired. Trust, if you carry on you will loose everything! This shit ain't worth it! Live your life man!
Preach to someone who actually gives a damn.

And ok, thanks guys. It's slowly getting better and doesn't hurt as much anymore so I think it will be ok. Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely head to the hospitol if it gets worse
Old 26-08-2011, 00:30

36 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Buzzallyear should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Ain't preaching. Just teaching! Nothing is right if your shooting junk! Nuff said mate. Your rather young to be playing with needles IMO!
Wasn't trying to put you down mate! I wasted five years of my life on gear! wish I hadn't. I didn't want to listen to common sense either when I was your age! Go through a few proper cluck's and you will wish you'd never touched the stuff dude! Trust me man, your gonna hit rock bottom sooner than you think because your young and injecting.
No turning back once the needles poked you! You will shoot everything and any substance! There's no way at your age you got enough funds to pay for a life on the smack. Unless your sponging of your mommy n daddy or robbing family and friends to keep up your habit. Or worse! How long till you have pawned all the stuff you have? not long I bet!
Cold Turkey is awful! Worse than having your dead black rotten arm cut off. All because you chose to inject your heroin. If gear was pure and sold in shops you wouldn't have this problem! Pure grade heroin is armless (sorry).
I do hope you sort your life out before the gear sorts you out! Imagine trying to have w a n k with the left hand etc!
There WILL come a time when you will share a used and dirty needle in desperation if you carry on! Mark these words! You will end up with HIV or HEP C. Like I said you don't want to listen to the voice of experience! You know it all.

Hope your arm heals up real soon!

Stay safe! Peace!

say this dude did not ask opinion on life skills he asked about a miss
Old 26-08-2011, 12:00
Mercury Member

Male from Lithuania
mant1911 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Is it possible to shoot weed ? And snorting heroin sucks, it burns your nose and it personally makes me want to puke because I hate the bitter taste.. And smoking is a waste.

mant1911 added 9 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Quote:
Ain't preaching. Just teaching! Nothing is right if your shooting junk! Nuff said mate. Your rather young to be playing with needles IMO!
Wasn't trying to put you down mate! I wasted five years of my life on gear! wish I hadn't. I didn't want to listen to common sense either when I was your age! Go through a few proper cluck's and you will wish you'd never touched the stuff dude! Trust me man, your gonna hit rock bottom sooner than you think because your young and injecting.
No turning back once the needles poked you! You will shoot everything and any substance! There's no way at your age you got enough funds to pay for a life on the smack. Unless your sponging of your mommy n daddy or robbing family and friends to keep up your habit. Or worse! How long till you have pawned all the stuff you have? not long I bet!
Cold Turkey is awful! Worse than having your dead black rotten arm cut off. All because you chose to inject your heroin. If gear was pure and sold in shops you wouldn't have this problem! Pure grade heroin is armless (sorry).
I do hope you sort your life out before the gear sorts you out! Imagine trying to have w a n k with the left hand etc!
There WILL come a time when you will share a used and dirty needle in desperation if you carry on! Mark these words! You will end up with HIV or HEP C. Like I said you don't want to listen to the voice of experience! You know it all.

Stay safe! Peace!
You don't even know how much and how often he is shooting, maybe he's doing it recreationally. It is possible to shoot it and not get withdrawals if you spread out your use.

Last edited by mant1911; 26-08-2011 at 12:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-08-2011, 01:50

25 y/o Male from United States
2fast4m3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mant1911 View Post
Is it possible to shoot weed ? And snorting heroin sucks, it burns your nose and it personally makes me want to puke because I hate the bitter taste.. And smoking is a waste.

mant1911 added 9 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

You don't even know how much and how often he is shooting, maybe he's doing it recreationally. It is possible to shoot it and not get withdrawals if you spread out your use.
Hahaha shooting recreationally. This one is funny...

Not very helpful to the discussion.
adds nothing, but trying to be a smart-ass
Old 28-08-2011, 02:16
Palladium Member

26 y/o Male from Finland
psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.psyche must live here.
Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6 Points: 1,847, Level: 6
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

^^ Not saying it's likely or something worth trying to accomplish, but it certainly is possible. I've IV'ed for a few times over years, and while it is extremely euphoric, I also know it's too good to be true in the long run, so it has been only occasional, recreational thing. Maybe it's bordering on 'experimental' more than 'recreational', but anyway, not everyone becomes addicted.
Old 28-08-2011, 02:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
Joben is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1
The only people here who have provided an adequate and sensible response are PS and Jaguar.

The OP had a question about an injury he had suffered and needed insight on it.

Buzzallyear, he/she did not ONCE ask for your opinion on using needles, and I'm positive he/she doesn't want or need someone to preach (you say you're not, but you are) about how he needs to stop administering intravenously.

OP, like PS and Jag said, if these symptoms last, its highly recommended you seek medical attention. I hope you know already (being needle user) that if left unattended and uncared for, some real bad things can happen.

Good luck my friend,

- CMFD

Good harm reduction tip

Last edited by Joben; 28-08-2011 at 20:50. Reason: Correcting a Username
Old 28-08-2011, 03:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

has your arm healed up at all? usually it should start to get better after a day or two at the most. do let us know.

and to the off topic posts. everyone knows shooting up drugs is bad. doing heroin strait up is bad. the point of this site is to reduce harm. we could tell everyone who asks a question about using drugs iv that they need to stop asap and clean their shit up. leading them to tell us to fuck off and not come on here again. or give them actual advice and try to make the harm done to their body as minimal as possible. the concept of harm reduction is based on information, not scare mongering.
Old 28-08-2011, 15:00
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5 Points: 1,496, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:

Stay safe! Peace!
Just what age do you need to be to start playing with needles? Nothing is right if you're shooting junk? As opposed to smoking or snorting it?

Smoking or snorting heroin can cause all those things to happen. My fiend doesn't know a SINGLE person that has lost a limb to injecting, not one. If someone is going to inject they are going to inject, some preacher on an internet forum isn't going to change that.

I know just as many people who have fucked up their life from smoking heroin as people who inject it. If there is a needle exchange then there is no reason to share, it happens, sure but it isn't inevitable. You can get hep and HIV from sex too, proper precautions and a bit of common sense in all things.

I don't see what the problem is and this is no place for social stigma and scaremongeringwhich is largely responsible for the problems associated with heroin use regardless of the route.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:29
Silver Member

It cleared up in a day or two so it wasn't anything to be worried about I believe. Thanks for all the advice to those who were actually posting about the above question.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:42
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
msjaguarxj6 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4 Points: 890, Level: 4

Glad to hear it's all cleared up!!! Remember also if you're going to use please only use sterile needles!
Old 02-09-2011, 02:31
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

If you missed, you probably could get an abscess. Always have antibiotics on hand. If it went away, that is good, but what about next time. Do not try and pop it, it will get worse. Usually, abscess by I.V.ing go away in time, but antibiotics are a must to have.

Strangely enough, they sell Penicillin at pet stores for fish. You can buy them OTC, and they are the same pills they give to humans and at the same strength. You will be surprised what you can find in a fish store.

salgoud

Share this on:

Tags
injecting heroin, skin popping

Sitelinks: Information: