Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Zurück   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Phenethylamines
Alle Foren als gelesen markieren
Registrieren Tags

Notices

Phenethylamines Phenethylamines and amphetamines.

Themen-Optionen
Alt 07-08-2009, 08:15
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19.888, Level: 20 Points: 19.888, Level: 20 Points: 19.888, Level: 20
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
25I-NBOMe Drug Info

Please post info about 25I-NBOMe here.

Can anyone add information about:
• names / synonyms
• molecule
• dose
• duration
side effects
• legal status
• have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
• since when has this research chemical been available?
• stability of the molecule / compound

Names: 25I-NBOMe
Synonyms: NBOMe-2C-I
IUPAC: 2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2-methoxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine

Experiences with 25I-NBOMe should be discussed here:25I-NBOMe experiences

Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
Research Chemical index - Piperazines

Formula
C20H22BrNO3*
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

This chemical is a derivative of 2C-I, discovered in 2004 in Berlin by Ralf Heim and further researched at PErdue by David Nichols Team.

From Wikipedia
Zitat:
Anecdotal reports from human users suggest 25I-NBOMe to be an active hallucinogen at a dose of as little as 500mcg, making it a similar potency to other phenethylamine derived hallucinogens such as bromo-dragonfly
There is also a suggestion it is seven times as potent as 2C-I.
Angehängte Grafiken
Dateityp: png 25i.png (2,9 KB, 1467x aufgerufen)

Geändert von Phenoxide (27-10-2010 um 02:25 Uhr) Grund: removed NBOMe-2C-B-FLY typo
Alt 28-01-2010, 20:15
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6.241, Level: 11 Points: 6.241, Level: 11 Points: 6.241, Level: 11
Re: 25I-NBOMe Drug Info

Swim found the following
Zitat:
25I-NBOMe (NBOMe-2C-I, BOM-CI or N-(2-methoxybenzyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenyl)-2-aminoethane) is a derivative of the phenethylamine hallucinogen 2C-I, discovered in 2004 by Ralf Heim at the Free University of Berlin, and subsequently investigated in more detail by a team at Purdue University led by David Nichols. It acts as a potent agonist for the 5HT2A receptor with a Ki of 0.044nM at the human 5HT2A receptor, making it some sixteen times the potency of 2C-I itself. In vitro tests showed this compound acted as an agonist but animal studies have not been reported. Interestingly while the N-benzyl derivatives of 2C-I were significantly increased in potency compared to 2C-I, the N-benzyl derivatives of DOI were inactive. Anecdotal reports from human users suggest 25I-NBOMe to be an active hallucinogen at a dose of as little as 500mcg, making it a similar potency to other phenethylamine derived hallucinogens such as bromo-dragonfly.
Alt 05-05-2010, 08:02
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2 Points: 239, Level: 2

<bump>

swim has seen this offered. has noone seriously tried this stuff???
Alt 27-03-2011, 03:38
Titanium Member

44 y/o Male from United States
squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.squeezix really adds to the discussion.
Points: 548, Level: 3 Points: 548, Level: 3 Points: 548, Level: 3
Activity: 0,2% Activity: 0,2% Activity: 0,2%

OK, time for us to bring this thread back to the forefront. If anybody can point to any MSDS or chemical data, Swim needs it, especially solubility. Where can I find Ralf Heim's notes on it as well?
Alt 27-03-2011, 17:05
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21.188, Level: 21 Points: 21.188, Level: 21 Points: 21.188, Level: 21
Activity: 45,8% Activity: 45,8% Activity: 45,8%

There are a number of related documents discussing the NBOMe family in the file archive:

High specific activity tritium-labeled N-(2-methoxybenzyl)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (INBMeO): a high-affinity 5-HT2A receptor-selective agonist radioligand

Molecular interaction of serotonin 5-HT2A receptor residues Phe339(6.51) and Phe340(6.52) with superpotent N-benzyl phenethylamine agonists

Synthesis and pharmacology of potent 5-HT2A receptor agonists which have a partial N-2-methoxybenzyl structure - Development of a new structure-activity concept

The last document is a very good doctorate dissertation but it is in german.

Post Quality Evaluations:
excellent job pointing to overlooked resources here

Geändert von Phenoxide (06-01-2012 um 06:34 Uhr)
Alt 31-03-2011, 13:56

Male from United States
fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.fatal probably knows what they are talking about.

Zitat:
Zitat von squeezix Beitrag anzeigen
OK, time for us to bring this thread back to the forefront. If anybody can point to any MSDS or chemical data, Swim needs it, especially solubility. Where can I find Ralf Heim's notes on it as well?

I'm gonna say it is likely 25I and 25C will display similar solubility. I think lab grade ethanol is your best bet for dissolving these chemicals(that is safe to ingest anyways).
Alt 14-05-2011, 07:42

32 y/o Male from United States
interdimensional.thief is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Can anyone speak to the bodily absorption of this substance? I was told that it should be insufflated, but Im wondering if ingestion or sublingual administration would work just as well. Im planning on testing it next week.
Alt 18-05-2011, 03:47

Male from United States

It seems as though these compounds(NBOMes) are either far less potent or flat out inactive with oral dosing. Sublingual administration is an option though.

Alt 18-05-2011, 06:39

Well, the molecule definitely has trouble dissolving in water. Ethanol as well. Its a tertiary molecule with only one H bond group wedged in the middle, where water has a hard time getting in. Given enough effort, it should dissolve, but its not just a matter of stirring it a lot. Im not sure how much heat the molecule can withstand, but it seems to help. Id also recommend grinding to as fine a powder as possible. As far as administration, Swim had more luck with insufflation, but it definitely works sublingually as well. Swim 2 did it that way, but it took 2 hours for the full effect. Swim 1 was affected in just minutes. Its hard to say which method absorbed the most, but I suspect insufflation. The best way that was found to measure the dosage was to mix it with in inactive ingredient, in this case, vitamin B (niacin powder) 500ug was indeed very active, and well worth the effort, in Swim's opinion. Its been a long time since a tangible benefit was felt as a result of an experience with a new mindstate. This molecule is classified friendly.
Alt 18-05-2011, 07:45

Male from United States

They dissolve fairly well in ethanol I thought. What type of ethanol was used?

Alt 18-05-2011, 23:19

100 proof vodka diddnt work well, but I wasnt there when it was attempted. You might be right, perhaps pure ethanol would work. Ethanol and water are miscible though, and have more or less the same intermolecular properties, but ethanol is a larger molecule, so it seems like if ethanol would work, so would water. Im no expert though.

I did just receive word from Swim 2 that chloroform works perfectly. He then soaked the solution into blotter paper. Im keeping mine in powder form.
Alt 20-05-2011, 03:26

Male from United States
reformer is a decent psychonaut.reformer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1 Points: 126, Level: 1
Need real information here

^ Please don't take this personally, but since this is the Information thread for 25I-NBOMe, we can't propagate misinformation.

Your post has so many inaccuracies, that we can't let them persist and have other members think they are true.

Zitat:
Zitat von interdimensional.thief Beitrag anzeigen
Well, the molecule definitely has trouble dissolving in water. Ethanol as well.
To be relevant, you have to state whether the material that you describe solubility for is the freebase or the HCl salt. You don't mention which it is, so no one can help you, and your information is suspect.

I would assume that you have the freebase, as the 25I-NBOME*HCl salt is indeed soluble in water up to ~8 mg/ml or more. No heat needed, definitively no grinding should be done, and no ethanol required.

Zitat:
Its a tertiary molecule with only one H bond group wedged in the middle, where water has a hard time getting in.
No. Actually its a secondary amine, not a tertiary "molecule".

Further, if it is in water, then it will be fully protonated with two hydrogens on the nitrogen. There is not only "one H bond group wedged in the middle", but in fact, whether the 25I is fully protonated or still a base, it has two coordination sites for H-bonding. If protonated, the bonding is as so (note lone pairs)= 2 X [-N-H --- :OH2]. If the base, the bonding is as so= 1 X [-N-H --- :OH2] and 1 X [-N: --- H-OH]

Zitat:
water has a hard time getting in.
There is no steric hindrance here. Water will NOT have "a hard time getting in". That has no basis in reality. The molecule will be fully solvated if dissolved.

Zitat:
The best way that was found to measure the dosage was to mix it with in inactive ingredient, in this case, vitamin B (niacin powder)
Niacin is FAR from inactive. Niacin causes flushing, itching and sometimes severe vascular responses at low milligram amounts.

Niacin should NOT be the dispersant for an insufflated RC such as 25I.

All valid points and succintly expressed. Useful clarifications.
Relevant clarifications. Thanks for the hint on 25I-NBOMe HCl water solubility.
Important clarifications, posts like these are what make drugs-forum better than totse.
Good job clarifying this info, this helped me tremendously.
Alt 20-05-2011, 05:31

Thanks for the info, we could have used you a lot earlier. Apparently my chemist friend doesnt have all the best info to give me. I do know what niacin does. Im not too worried about it at less than 5 mg per dose when the recommended daily intake is 25. And just as in any drug, the substances that aren't added for the main purpose of the drug are referred to as "inactive ingredients". Im not sure why you asume I have the HCl version. As stated, what I have does not dissolve into water. Again, thanks for the info.
Alt 20-05-2011, 11:00

Male from United States

Zitat:
Im not too worried about it at less than 5 mg per dose when the recommended daily intake is 25.
Just remember that the daily intake is for Per OS (oral) administration. You cannot extrapolate from a US RDI for oral consumption to the safety of insufflated niacin at 5 mg. Using niacin is just not a good isea.

That is why folks use mannitol or sumsuchthing as a dispersable solid carrier. It's not physiologically active at the doses used, it's not hyperosmotic, doesn't alter pH, isn't toxic and is not a Biologically Active Coenzyme, like niacin is.

Zitat:
And just as in any drug, the substances that aren't added for the main purpose of the drug are referred to as "inactive ingredients".
No, that is not proper, the use of "inactive" in drug labeling is an unfortunate side effect of the health companies and even toothpaste manufacturers trying to avoid FDA scrutiny.

Here it's not appropriate for harm reduction to use the term "inactive" if the substance in question is most certainly a biologically acive vitamin with coenzyme activity and vacular effects. Everything is active depending on dose and ROA.

With mannitol, or even water, as a dispersant or solvent respectively, the amounts are not of concern in terms of activity. These are "inactive".

Zitat:
Im not sure why you asume I have the HCl version. As stated, what I have does not dissolve into water.
I di not say you had the salt. I believe you misread my post. I stated that I thought you had the base (see Below)

Zitat:
Zitat von reformer Beitrag anzeigen
I would assume that you have the freebase, as the 25I-NBOME*HCl salt is indeed soluble in water up to ~8 mg/ml or more.
Not trying to be a dick, and my info might not be the latest or most accurate, but we gotta keep the information up to date and helpful for harm reduction on these NBOMe substances that have been commercially available for less than a year. If the current, rumoured GB goes through, there will be a flood of 25I hitting many many investigators within the next few weeks.

Not encouraging.... in fact, Somewhat worrisome, and we need up to date info here.

excellent contributions from you in this thread. a lot of good info.
Alt 20-05-2011, 12:45
entity of sorts

Male from United States
Shampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond reputeShampoo is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7.877, Level: 13 Points: 7.877, Level: 13 Points: 7.877, Level: 13
Activity: 4,2% Activity: 4,2% Activity: 4,2%

Zitat:
If the current, rumoured GB goes through, there will be a flood of 25I hitting many many investigators within the next few weeks.
Sorry, GB?
Alt 21-05-2011, 04:27

Male from United States

Zitat:
100 proof vodka diddnt work well, but I wasnt there when it was attempted. You might be right, perhaps pure ethanol would work. Ethanol and water are miscible though, and have more or less the same intermolecular properties, but ethanol is a larger molecule, so it seems like if ethanol would work, so would water. Im no expert though.
Pure ethanol worked much better. These molecules dissolve like shit in water.

Zitat:
Zitat von Shampoo Beitrag anzeigen
Sorry, GB?

Group buy I think.

Geändert von fatal (21-05-2011 um 04:38 Uhr)
Alt 21-05-2011, 05:16

Male from United States

Zitat:
Zitat von Shampoo Beitrag anzeigen
Sorry, GB?
Zitat:
Zitat von fatal Beitrag anzeigen
Group buy I think.
Indeed. I didn't want to get into sourcing, but there is a place where a couple of low-post n00bs teamed up to generate a massive group order of 25I... A situation I see as MOST $%^&ing distressing.

Requirements for info on harm reduction on this particular species might become especially relevant soon... I seriously HATE n00bs and their GBs which spread RCs around like STDs.

One jerk is already soliciting advice on how to sell drop-based doses: Drop-based dosing being the absolute BANE of harm reduction and reasonable research.

Sensible commentary on the threat of measuring by the 'drop'
Alt 21-05-2011, 12:02

I can see where this is a problem, especially considering recent incident with the chinese vendor and the possible negative exposure. Do we know what happened to cause that? Their order had been mislabeled?
Alt 05-07-2011, 17:27

Male from United States
Otto the Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Zitat:
Indeed. I didn't want to get into sourcing, but there is a place where a couple of low-post n00bs teamed up to generate a massive group order of 25I... A situation I see as MOST $%^&ing distressing.

Requirements for info on harm reduction on this particular species might become especially relevant soon... I seriously HATE n00bs and their GBs which spread RCs around like STDs.
You seem quite judgmental. I'd like to remind you that you yourself are a low-post n00b on this forum, and your criteria for distinguishing people, i.e. post counts, is quite distressing. I hope you are not determining the credibility of your information on the post counts of people you get them from.

However, I'd also like to comment on the dangers involved with this compound and its unsuitability for a GB. Not many people have an access to a sub-miligram scale and it seems to me that propagating grams of this substance for ridiculously cheap prices is a call for disaster, also considering that it is fairly unresearched compound.

On a different note, I'd love to hear if anyone can offer chemical (potency, duration, etc.) and subjective experience information on this substance on how it does and might differ from the more widely known NBOMe 2C-C.
Alt 07-07-2011, 23:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
Carova is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Re: 25I-NBOMe Experiences

Please educate yourself well regarding the NBOMe family of compounds. They are EXTREMELY potent, with significant effects in the range of 250ug-500ug (depending on the particular compound). They should never be handled without the proper safety and measurement equipment, which includes a very high quality submilligram analytical or semi-micro balance. Even then, it would be very difficult to weigh out a single dose on anything other than a semi-micro (or better) balance, making the laying of blotter a potential harm reduction approach to consider.

I am worried that little good will come out of the easy availability of these particular RCs unfortunately. The technical skills and equipment required for their safe use is not readily available to the average researcher.

Geändert von Terrapinzflyer (08-07-2011 um 02:31 Uhr) Grund: link
Alt 12-07-2011, 22:06

Male from United States
Re: 25I-NBOMe Experiences

Zitat:
Zitat von Carova Beitrag anzeigen
Even then, it would be very difficult to weigh out a single dose on anything other than a semi-micro (or better) balance, making the laying of blotter a potential harm reduction approach to consider.
That's what god made liquid measurement for. I really fail to see how laying blotter would reduce harm in any way. Unless by "reduce harm" you really mean "sell as LSD". Then, yes, that would make lots of sense.

Alt 16-07-2011, 08:31

Male from United States

I think it would be better for all of us if the blotter production related discussion would just stop. Thanks.

Alt 02-12-2011, 06:15
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

What's the average duration for this molecule?
Alt 05-01-2012, 06:34
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
loratabzyumz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0,1% Activity: 0,1% Activity: 0,1%

Zitat:
Zitat von Nnizzle Beitrag anzeigen
What's the average duration for this molecule?
when swim tried it(500 micrograms in blotter form), it took one hour to take effect, peaked in 2.5 hours, lasted a total of 6/7 hours with after effects lasting about 4 hours. Dont be in a situation were swiy needs to talk to someone who doesn't know that swiy is tripping as 2c-i-NBOMe caused swim to slur his words severely and also caused him to use very odd word choices.
This drug has very nice visuals, little body load, except for some nausea towards the begging of the trip, and seems to be a very powerful stimulant so be careful. Swim's trip was between a ++ and +++. Swim thinks that 750 micrograms would be a heavy but safe dose and 1mg would be pushing it.
Alt 05-01-2012, 21:38

22 y/o Male from United States
Skyler Stone should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: 25C-NBOMe Drug Info

I know a friend thats done 25i 3 times.
First time got 5milligrams and made a line that he could barely see and snorted it.
It took him approx. 1 hour to feel the effects, peaked 2 hours after that.
Next time he picked up 5mg and did the whole thing, the same way, only took 20 min this time and lasted awhile longer around 10 hr.
Next time he got 20 milligrams and so did his buddy.
They both snorted all of it, it kicked in, in 10 min.
And without the comedown it lasted for 14 hours.
and the comedown was 4-5 hours after that.

Skyler Stone added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

And each time was 1 month apart.

Skyler Stone added 3 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

And his friend had a scale that measured milligrams.
So everytime he got some he knew exactly what amount he was getting.
Because it was weighed in front of him.

Geändert von Skyler Stone (05-01-2012 um 21:38 Uhr) Grund: Automerged Doublepost