Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis paraphernalia
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis paraphernalia About bongs, pipes, grinders, papers and other paraphernalia.

Old 09-03-2011, 14:55
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,640, Level: 12 Points: 7,640, Level: 12 Points: 7,640, Level: 12
Activity: 21.5% Activity: 21.5% Activity: 21.5%
Re: Vaping Liquid THC with an E-Cig

[QUOTE=4bucks;949921]

"And I'm sure the steps stated in the link i gave could be altered to make the liquid less viscous,or perhaps something other than everclear could be used."

My Uncle Baldylocks would love to try your Everclear extraction. Sadly the stuff doesn't appear to be available in the UK. However, Baldylocks did an Iso extraction with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. After evaporation of the Iso, the oil was diluted with vegetable glycerin. This vaped well in an ecig.

Last edited by Mindless; 09-03-2011 at 14:57. Reason: new sentence
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12
Silver Member

Male from United States
soula is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

[QUOTE=Mindless;962247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bucks View Post

My Uncle Baldylocks would love to try your Everclear extraction. Sadly the stuff doesn't appear to be available in the UK. However, Baldylocks did an Iso extraction with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol. After evaporation of the Iso, the oil was diluted with vegetable glycerin. This vaped well in an ecig.
These research being conducted on this board is encouraging, as elsewhere on the web, there seem to be scant examples of much methodical experimentation with the vapeable THC concept. Some discussions on the topic seem misguided, with suggestions to, for example, to vape vegetable matter directly (not enough contact area), or to vape oil extracts (temperature required and gunkiness likely causes premature atomizer exhaustion/failure).

Would you be able to share Baldylocks' isopropyl alcohol method? The extraction temperature and duration are of greatest interest.

A small creature here seems insistent on making a first foray into the direct propylene glycol / vegetable glycerine (PG/VG) extract to have a baseline performance to measure against. More to come soon.
Old 24-03-2011, 20:43
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

The method used is the same as discussed in the thread:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108380

Basically, I soaked some weed in 99.9% Isopropyl alcohol for one minute; in a mason jar with just enough iso to cover the weed. The alcohol turned black almost immedeately.
I then poured the liquid through a sieve ( just an ordinary kitchen one) and into a flat-based pyrex dish. This was allowed to evaporate in a room with an open window and no naked flames.
After 24 hours the liquid was placed in an electric oven on 120 centigrade for 1 hour. I removed it while some Iso was left, to avoid burning the oil.

And that's it. A crude method with minimal equipment, that relies on the quality of solvent rather than the ability of the "chemist". Easily done on the sly while no others are about. The strong point of Iso extraction is that the solvent evaporates off, and is less toxic than some other solvents like methanol/methyl alcohol. The downside is that it's also less selective; so say double the yield is obtained at half the strength. This is definately no refined, isomerised high grade stuff; but still plenty strong.
As you are in the US, I would suggest using a high strength pure grain alcohol, the strongest you can get your hands on. This will be more selective in it's action and the oil will taste better.
There is some discussion of the tek for Iso extraction on DF, but the consensus seems to favour quick extraction, to minimise chlorophyl extraction. The period of 1 hour is arbitrary and a compromise between 24 hours and a few minutes.
The taste is quite nice orally, but slightly harsh in an e-cig vape. But plenty of throat hit.
I cannot stress this enough- Isopropyl alcohol is volatile and could easily be explosive if mixed with air and ignited. No naked flames, no pilot lights, no smoking! Make sure the area used is well ventilated. Please don't blow yourself up.

Something I came across yesterday; a friend has given me a booklet "Cannabis Alchemy: The Art of Modern Hashmaking" by David Hoye. Produced by The Twentieth Century Alchemist in 1973 through to 1975. I googled David Hoye 1973, and came up with some interesting stuff. The Iso oil is good, and easy to make, but it can be done so much better.

I have some more comments on the use of e-cigs and cannabis tincture/infusion, based on recent trail and error:

I'm using a fairly runny tincture, Iso oil diluted about 3:1 with veg glycerine. A more viscous mix seems to kill the atomiser within days.
My e-cig has a 900mAh battery, although 510 batteries seem to do the job also. The atomiser is a low resistance 510.
I have dispensed with the wadding in the atomiser cartridge. It seems to get gunked up in no time, preventing a proper airflow. I prefer to directly drip 1 or 2 drops onto the atomiser bridge.
Daily cleaning of the atomiser with compressed air is essential; through the hole at the bottom, and from above the bridge as well.

It feels weird writing in 1st person, and I'm missing Uncle Baldylocks.

Just a quick addition: it would appear that there are some serious safety issues with the advice given in the book "cannabis alchemy". Best speak to an experienced chemist before trying it out.

Last edited by Mindless; 19-12-2012 at 13:19. Reason: typo
Old 04-05-2011, 21:26

Male from Canada
Vapomate is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

I have made a few batches of THC juice and it is REALLLY easy here are the steps listed below:

First off You can bypass the first step if you can get access to Honey Oil...if not you may need to create some Honey Oil

Get a Honey Bee Extractor and use the Butane Method to extract the oil from your pot.

Any other method of extraction will work but the Butane method is the easiest and quickest way by far.

1/4 oz of Marijuana will get you roughly about 1gram of great oil...this depends on the quality of your Marijuana.

Next you will need some type of grain alchol...if you have access to Everclear it works best, myself i live in Canada so access to Everclear is pretty hard and i just use Vodka...Higher the % the better off you will be.

Now gently heat up the oil just a bit to make it easier to work with. If you have test tubes or anything like it will work best for this step. Put your oil into a small glass container (testtube etc). With an eye dropper slowly drop alcohol onto the oil. The oil then will start to "dissolve" into the alcohol...if there is any excess alcohol suck it up and pour it onto the oil. KEY only use a little amount of Alcohol at a time...you do not want excess alcohol. Any excess alcohol should be removed.

Next step:

Now you should have a thin mixture of the above...you will need to measure the total volume of the liquid and want to add equal parts of PEG or PG i do not reccomend using VG as it is a lot thicker and will fry your atty in no time.

Once your alcohol/oil mixture is added to the PEG or PG you will need to do a double boiler OR VERY VERY low heat...NO MORE THAN 200 degrees AT TOPS

keep it on the heat until your total volume is reduced by 1/3 approx. You are now ready to go.

Keep in mind there is still a faint smell of oil when you smoke this. You can counter this by adding some PG based flavoring to mask the smell as well as give it some nice Fruity flavors or what ever you desire.

As well at this step you can also add a bit of VG if you want to have more vapor.
Old 14-06-2011, 07:59
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
CrookieMonster is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1

SWIM has several ecig products (due to the fact that SWIM's brother has jumped on the ecig bandwaggon and he actually has some really nice ones that can create much more vap.. SWIM remembers reading about someone using one of these to vap DMT.. thats way more up my alley.. has anyone else tried this? PM me if you have any experience that you'd like to share.. itd be great appreciated..
Old 20-06-2011, 14:27
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AUTOLINK
SWIM[/AUTOLINK] remembers reading about someone using one of these to vap DMT.. thats way more up my alley.. has anyone else tried this? PM me if you have any experience that you'd like to share.. itd be great appreciated..
Use the search engine, there is a thread dealing with vaping DMT.

I guess the issues here are the temperature at which DMT forms a vapour, and the temperature of the ecigs atomiser. I don't think it will work, as DMT vapes at 60-80 degrees centigrade, and ecigs are designed to vape propylene glycol containing nicotine. Propylene Glycol boils at 188.2 centigrade. Would this destroy DMT, and to what extent? Maybe the best way is to suck it and see.

Last edited by Mindless; 21-06-2011 at 01:40.
Old 20-06-2011, 15:56
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I just wanted to mention in this thread, that there exists a very versatile vapouriser by the name of "iolite".

The iolite is a hand-held device that appears to be about the size of a walkie-talkie. It apparently has the ability to vapourise herbal materials (so, cannabis or tobacco or other herbs) AND the e-cigarette nicotine juice.

While not as discrete as most personal vapourisers (e-cigs) designed with the use of nicotine juice in mind, it could be a versatile tool for someone who is interested in experimenting with various types of vapourising materials. Just thought I'd mention it.

Oh, I know it was mentioned once in this thread, but just in case it got overlooked: the synthetic cannabinoids (JWH-XXX series, etc) can be easily mixed into PG as the carrier & work *QUITE* well in the regular, e-cig style vapourisers. There's no smell to begin with, but one can add various flavouring agents to the juice & make a quite tasty & intoxicating 'vaping juice'. There are even flavourings on the e-cig juice making market that allegedly taste like cannabis, though one would think that would defeat the purpose (plus, they taste like shit & although smell similar to cannabis, do not taste what I remember cannabis tasting like. Perhaps they've created better flavours since I last tried a couple 2 years ago. *grin*).

There are a number of threads about infusing various synthetic cannabinoids into various carrier liquids - including PG - on the forum, in the Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids Forum, iirc.

~Kailey
Old 21-06-2011, 01:15
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

[QUOTE=kailey_elise;997033]"I just wanted to mention in this thread, that there exists a very versatile vapouriser by the name of "iolite".

The iolite is a hand-held device that appears to be about the size of a walkie-talkie. It apparently has the ability to vapourise herbal materials (so, cannabis or tobacco or other herbs) AND the e-cigarette nicotine juice."

The ioloite performs much better than a ecig, and has allowed my Uncle Baldylocks to enjoy vaping cannabis infusion/tincture, oil, weed, and hashish. The problem with ecigs is that the battery and atomiser are not really powerful enough. It's hard work getting a proper, full-on mong. My Uncle Baldylocks reckons vaping herb with a ecig might work as a top-up, but that's about all.
Old 21-06-2011, 01:49
Titanium Member

27 y/o Female from Chile
nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.nomud really adds to the discussion.
Points: 976, Level: 4 Points: 976, Level: 4 Points: 976, Level: 4
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
"What's so difficult about just smoking MJ in the conventional way(s)?"
asks Maude.

"Why do there have to be additional toys for achieving the same result as the traditional route(s) when the smell of ganja/hashish/oil is just as prevalent and pungent no matter how cleverly hi-tech the gadget is?"

"Why the attempted disguise for an aroma that is unmistakable?"

Maude says alot sometimes.
Swim heard pyrolysis destroys much, if not most of
the actives.Besides some synergy of cannabinoids
most of the constituents are not active and likely dangerous.

Thus, vaping at Bp water of a water soluable cannabinoid type compound would in effect give swiy +70% more actives.As burning destroys over 70% THCs.

There is likely a way to get a water soluable active cannabinoid.
maybe....
Old 09-07-2011, 13:01
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Has anyone tried vaping propylene glycol based cannabis tincture/infusion with the ecig tank system? The tank doesn't use wadding, so is less likely to get clogged up fast. My Uncle Baldylocks is considering making up a small batch of juice with iso hash oil.He thinks this is worth a try, if only for the pleasure he derives from doing extractions/making infusions. At present he vapes ejuice with a 900 Milliamp battery (The Screwdriver) and a low resistance Tornado tank atomiser, connected with an adaptor. As an ecig it's a thing of beauty. Loads of vapour, easy to maintain.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:57
Silver Member

Male from USA - Oregon
blanketman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

AFOAF is a medical cannabis patient in her state. Many new and unique cannabis products are coming to light, especially now that there are over 30 "dispensaries" or"community clubs" in her city.

There are several reasons not to smoke the medication. First being the potential effects that it has on your lungs or cardiovascular system. AFOAF is not saying that cannabis smoking is dangerous, but there are some who believe it to be more hazardous than others, some put it up there with cigarette (SWIM doesn't believe that). Next is the physical aspects of the smoke. Many medical cannabis patients live in rentals that are strictly non-smoking. Just because the plant may be legal for medical use in a certain state does not mean using it in certain ways in certain places will not get you fired or evicted. Some patients live with other people or spouses that cannot tolerate smoke at all (IE Allergies or asthma). These are a few reasons why AFOAF likes to explore what is currently offered other than cured or dried plant material alone.

Edibles right now are booming. Anything you desire can be made. During one day AFOAF called her club and asked specifically for blueberry pie. Was ready that same day. Candy is another favorite right now.

Another interesting product is a non-pharmaceutical hash oil capsule. Hash oil is mixed with coconut oil and placed in a capsule that can be dissolved under the tongue (for quick effects) or swallowed. Very effective, my friend's friend has heard.

But on to what this thread is actually about. E-cigs and THC. Yes it can be done, and yes, it is being done. Local "shops" are now carrying vaporizers (E-cigs) and a special hash "juice" that can be blended to any flavor that the nicotine juice can be. AFOAF tried a bottle 2 weeks ago. It was smooth vapor, pleasant taste, no smell at all-but did not have the strength that the patient required to be medically effective. AFOAF contacted the person who runs the company to request a much stronger version. She just received a call that it is ready. Will fill the community in on the details as soon as she reports them to me!

AFOAF is very familiar with cannabis and how it effects certain medical conditions, most notably pain, anxiety, epilepsy, bipolar, depression, cognitive disorder. She is very excited that there may now be an alternative to smoking this herb that could be done nearly anywhere, without anyone suspecting-thus enabling the medical benefits of cannabis to be claimed without having to be super-sneaky or blatantly obvious around those that may not be comfortable with it.

She did want me to note that she has known others who have tried using these E-cigs as vaporizers with straight plant material. This is not a good idea. The cannabis mostly gets wasted, few effects, you CAN smell it in the air, and the atomizer portion of your E-cig WILL get burned out at a very fast rate.

I hope this offers some bit of insight into how E-cigs are currently being used for vaporizing THC in the medical community.

blanketman added 3 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
Has anyone tried vaping propylene glycol based cannabis tincture/infusion with the ecig tank system? The tank doesn't use wadding, so is less likely to get clogged up fast. My Uncle Baldylocks is considering making up a small batch of juice with iso hash oil.He thinks this is worth a try, if only for the pleasure he derives from doing extractions/making infusions. At present he vapes ejuice with a 900 Milliamp battery (The Screwdriver) and a low resistance Tornado tank atomiser, connected with an adaptor. As an ecig it's a thing of beauty. Loads of vapour, easy to maintain.

A friend specifically uses the tank system with great success. Another friend is afraid to try the tank yet, as she has heard of leaking tanks-waiting for the bugs to get worked out-and uses a standard tornado. Again with success. It's all in what SWIY prefers! Sounds like the vape that SWIY has is a keeper, though!

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for sharing this experience report; in-depth & informative

Last edited by blanketman; 04-08-2011 at 07:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-08-2011, 09:43
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5 Points: 1,066, Level: 5

swims bro told him last nite that they are booming in socal dispenseries, and its thc oil in a vegetable oil, and swiWE then talked about the possibility of using the glycerine tincture to achieve this. these are new e-cigs for this oil, not regular e cigs. swim will check them out and have info soon as his foaf is traveling to a non medicinal state, so one will bee purchased.
Old 04-08-2011, 17:10
Silver Member

Male from USA - Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas.socal View Post
these are new e-cigs for this oil, not regular e cigs.
The vapes used are not special. The companies making them are the same companies marketing e-cigs for nicotine. SWIM knows this as a fact. The popular model used is the 510. SWIM never bought a special unit, and besides, what company would be making them for this purpose at this point? Few people have even heard of THC vaping in this fashion.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03
Silver Member

Male from USA - Oregon

AFOAF just got in his cannabis vape juice the other day. While it is darker in color and is noticeably stronger, it is still not strong enough. He had been waiting for a batch of ultra strong stuff, but this was supposedly just double strength. SWIM is not impressed and for the cost would rather just have the plant material to do what he will with. This is not to say that this method cannot be used to achieve desirable results, but SWIM was not able to and will not be wasting time or resources on it. Anyone use it with success? SWIM is sure it can be done well, but is it??

Share this on:

Tags
e-cigarettes, e-cigs, liquid thc, tetrahydrocannabinol, thc, vaporizing thc

Sitelinks: Information: